Hey Goldie, I had a question. I've uploaded quite a few Arena cards already and I'm now starting to upload the card images from the in-game encyclopedia (I forgot the encyclopedia existed in-game). Do the images I upload need to go into the gallery as soon as possible, or should I keep uploading cards and put them into the galleries later with help from Igor and other users? --Dark Ace SP (TalkPage) 16:40, July 1, 2014 (UTC)
- You can batch upload now and let them be sorted out later. We're not on a deadline for getting this all done, so work at your own leisure. If you need help later, you can make a request on the forum or look to individual users whom you think will be willing to assist. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:53, July 1, 2014 (UTC)
Rarities don't show up
I suppose, in relation to the last issue I had, which seems to have been resolved now, by the way, I seem to have another problem when I edited the "Gem-Armadillo" article to include the templates in the TCG and OCG card releases section. The North American English and Japanese releases don't display the card's rarity, which is Duel Terminal Rare Parallel Rare. Unless I'm typing the rarity's name wrong, which I don't believe is the case, or there is a change in the name the wiki is giving the rarity like the transition from "Gold Ultra Rare" to "Gold Rare", is this another glitch? (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 15:34, July 2, 2014 (UTC))
- Card table stuff isn't really my forte, but I got the rarity to show by using the abbreviation. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 15:58, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
GREETINGS YET AGAIN!!
My comment in the card's file history will answer your question. And if you read it, yes it's true--That is my own copy of the POTD UE "Common Soul"! =J --I IS AN ESTABLISHER OF (RE)MARKS OF EXCELLENCE!! (talk • contribs) 18:51, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
Swap the names of File:CyberBlader-JP-Anime-GX-AA.png and File:CyberBlader-JP-Anime-GX.png as I didn't get your message until much later. I did find a TCG/OCG image of "Cyber Blader" during the season 2 ending song of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (which I am glad to find).Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 15:03, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
Realm Of Light Box Art
I've added a scanned version of the Box Art to the Page yet again. I;ve done this before with the Saga of the Blue Eyes White Dragon and Yugi and Kaiba reloaded decks and got the green light to stay. It is a scan of the Box from when I bought the deck. (Vickram101 (talk • contribs) 13:28, July 6, 2014 (UTC))
Entermate Fire Mufflion → Entermate Fire Mufflio
I can't move it, because when I try appears the following message: "You do not have permission to move this page, for the following reason: The page could not be moved: a page of that name already exists, or the name you have chosen is not valid. Please choose another name, or ask an administrator to help you with the move. Please do not manually move the article by copying and pasting it; the page history must be moved along with the article text." IgorThunderMaster (talk • contribs) 01:00, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I attempted the same thing earlier. It didn't work for me. I submitted a bug report to staff, so it will hopefully be taken care of in the next few days. I submitted another bug report for "One to Jump", which should be "One, Two, Jump". Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 01:05, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
File:KarakuriAnatomy-STBL-EN-C-1E.png needs to be put in a card gallery as soon as you can do so. The image was not input in for about 10 hours, so I thought this should come to your attention.Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 00:07, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for calling my attention to this matter. You have my guarantee that the image will be placed in the appropriate areas before the end of the year. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:30, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
Cannot move article to TCG English name
Hello, I attempted to move the article "Fantasia Maiden Aria" to "Aria the Melodious Diva", which is the TCG English name as revealed on this article: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6342 However, when I tried to do so, I got this message: "You do not have permission to move this page, for the following reason:
The page could not be moved: a page of that name already exists, or the name you have chosen is not valid. Please choose another name, or ask an administrator to help you with the move. Please do not manually move the article by copying and pasting it; the page history must be moved along with the article text."
I checked the wiki and there is no "Aria the Melodious Diva" page as of yet, so I'm not sure if this is some sort of glitch. I have managed to move the subpages to the TCG English name though. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 03:05, July 9, 2014 (UTC))
- I'm also experiencing the same problem when trying to move "Fantasia" to "Melodious", which as per the article, is the official TCG English name for the archetype. I have already managed to move the pages for list of members and support though. (Lucafriz (talk • contribs) 08:40, July 9, 2014 (UTC))
- Yes it is a glitch. Not sure when it will be fixed. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 12:14, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I was looking at that. Some of the things you have listed are really dropped or unresolved plot points, rather than plot holes. If Sly had actually stolen Stardust Dragon but in the next episode Yusei had it back with no explanation, that would have been a plot hole. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 14:06, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
- I think I can edit the section to be called "5d's Plot holes/unresolved plot points and dropped things that deserved an explanation. I actually just realized there was 1 I didn't say, why Z-one didn't just evacuate everyone in the City and then destroy the momentum, which would have took care of the "having no choice but to sacrifice those in the City so others can be saved" argument Z-one gave. It felt kind of pointless when it came to the Sly wanting Stardust Dragon deal, because there was no reason to bring it up if they weren't going to do anything with it. Granted Sly in the original isn't a jerk like his dub counterpart, so I could assume he would have probably asked Yusei if he could simply borrow it at one point, but they could have at least brought up his interest in the card again. Shardsilver (talk • contribs) 14:21, July 18, 2014 (UTC)
Hello, Golden Key. I was, recently, looking to some Gaming Terms, when I had an idea of adding this new term "Surprise Victory". As the own name implies, it is when you gain the duel without your opponent expecting for so (for example, the opponent activates 1 "Backs to the Wall then i activate 1 "Chain Detonation"), I know this may be senseless, but won't hurt to try. What do you think of it? --OnePiece (talk • contribs) 04:07, July 26, 2014 (UTC)
- There are a lot of informal terms that we could use on the site, but if we used them all it would get cluttered. I think "surprise victory" is one we can continue to exclude. It's not specific you this game at all, and its meaning is so obvious that a page would be redundant. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 04:41, July 26, 2014 (UTC)
A user returns, hopefully reformed
Thank you for correcting me. I'll try not to make those mistakes anymore (or, at the very least, upload each file as .png). In case I make them again, please, do not hesitate to explain exactly what I was doing wrong.
Also, you're very welcome. I should be the one thanking you, methinks :P As a current admin on the Spanish YGO! wiki, I believe that collaborating on this wiki is vital, as well as a way to return the favour for the many times I have snatched this or that from here. And, well, I personally am one for helping those who share my passion with what very little knowledge or information I can muster. That's why I prefer to fix lores to upload images, but, in this case, I do know that this wiki is in sore need of Spanish card images, and I am glad to provide the ones I came across in my effords to confirm names for each card released in Spanish but which editions have been superseded by more recent prints, as (as far as I know), the Spanish wiki does not tend to keep older versions in a gallery.
- As I told UltimateKuriboh, the thing with the Spanish wiki and images was that there was an unwritten policy of not uploading photos as a means to give users a reason to collaborate-to the point that admins would upload images in here but just changed the lore (and name, if needed) on the Spanish wiki. As time went by and users wouldn't really act as expected, there were a good 1500 cards with no card image in Spanish. I am currently working with a couple of users there in order to change the situation.
- Concerning the sources, the main one's Yugiohcards.es. The catch is that the images are watermarked, but it's usually up to date. It's not that I like it, but more often than not it's the only way to get them online. An interesting one I found is this site: though it's not complete, it has some old cards that the first site lacks of. Then, I also check minor store sites which might have the odd card or sites focused on collectionism, such as this. And, of course, eBay can be a goldmine. For example, I recently found the whole Stardust Overdrive Deck and another nice thing. When it comes to Spansh language sites, it appears that this is rather huge in the Spanish-speaking American countries. The last thing I found was a nifty Flickr collection with over 200 images worthy of old cards. These are the ones I'm currently dealing with by dowloading them in bulks. I hope this was of any help! Normally, I search them card by card from wherever Google takes me after typing the card name or its set code, but I always try to use the chance to work when I find several ones at the same place. Even if we have Wayback Machine, you never know when a website can disappear from the interwebs! --AzureKesil (talk • contribs) 13:15, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, Golden Key.
I don't join much to this wiki, I'm more of a creative guy.
1) Can we post our custom decklists?
2) If yeah, where to post? In my user page or I can post it anywhere?
3) How to make a decklist? Is there a template you guys use for decklists?
LionHeartKIng (talk • contribs) 04:39, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Gracias, amigo (no, I am not Spanish, I'm Greek btw)
Also, teaser: The boss monster of the deck is similar to my user name, as my user name is inspired from that monster...
LionHeartKIng (talk • contribs) 12:16, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Sub-series pages
I wanted to create "Superheavy Samurai Soul" series, because they do differ from "Superheavy Samurai" in both appearance and effects and I used "Dragunity Knight" and "Daigusto" as an example, but some guy said that it is really not necessary, so why these are necessary then? Plus, we don't have a "Evigishki" series, what makes them stand out?--Omojuze (talk • contribs) 08:01, August 30, 2014 (UTC)
I don't know which episode, opening, or ending song this image came from as I have looked through almost all of them and it doesn't show up. I later found out that this image was once on a website called http://www.gamerscripts.com. I almost assume that this image was created by fans since it appeared on a long line of cards that appear to be by the order in which episode they appeared in and many cards didn't have official images until yugioh.com which was way later.Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 00:00, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
- It'd be a pretty big coincidence that the OW image matches up with that image. Not sure where it is from either, but it's legit. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 01:29, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
What kind of deck should i design, i mean my cards are old school and so people think ima noob. I used to be the best, i dont know whay i cant win now. My vylons got totaled, my cyber end dragon never even made it to the feild, and i couldnt summon Ra when i needed it most. I cant compete with these new duelists. What should i do? Xerox180 (talk • contribs) 13:20, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the help, maybe next time i can use a new card, instant fusion helps alot. These new cards used to be unheard of, this makes it alot easier. I could get used to those kind of tricks. Xerox180 (talk • contribs) 14:10, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
Yeah, actually that was not intentional. When I renamed the main page, the links to rename the sub-pages didn't appear for some reason, so I had to do it manually. First attempt it failed, 2nd attempt it worked but I thought it wouldn't so I didn't unmark the "leave redirect" option. :P LegendaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 16:48, September 4, 2014 (UTC)
The Eye of Timaeus image
Do you know which episode this image came from? The other variation came from episode 181 of DM era, but I don't know which episode the current image came from. This is the only Legendary Dragon anime image that I can't find in the episodes of DM. Reply when possible if you have an answer. Thank you!Cardsknower (talk • contribs) 16:16, September 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Wherever it's from, it's been digitally modified. Have a look at its history; based on the floor/wall I have a hunch it's from the Dartz Duel. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 17:57, September 14, 2014 (UTC)