Silently Admin Edit
- I'm kinda buzy with college and exams the past weeks but I'm still visiting Wikia every day and watching for any kind of vandalism in the Ruling Pages and so, don't worry. ;) ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 06:34, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Difference between one Special Summon and one can't Special Summon Edit
Sorry to interrupting your study; but I would like to know if it's possible to Special Summon "Blackwing" (DARK Attribute) through "Swallow's Nest" while the owner controlled "Barrier Statue of Windstorm" (WIND Attribute)?
As of before, if I recalled correctly, monsters that tried to tribute the target monster can't be Special Summon if their effect prevented the Special Summon from occurred. For example; I tried to tributed "Archlord Kristya" and one other monster on the opponent's side of the field with the effect of "Lava Golem". That is accord to be incorrect method to playing out. It would be same reason if I tried to tribute two random monsters while the opponent controlled a face-up "Mask of Restrict".
So is that possible or impossible to Special Summon "Blackwing - Boar the Spear" from the Deck via the effect of "Swallow's Nest" while target "Barrier Statue of Windstorm"? --iFredCat 23:53, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- If you do not have any WIND Winged-Beast Type monsters in your Deck you cannot activate "Swallow's Nest". If you have a WIND Winged-Beast Type monster in your Deck then you can activate "Swallow's Nest", tribute "Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds", and then when it resolves, since "Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds" is no longer face-up on the fiels it's effect does not apply, so you can Special Summon a non-WIND Winged-Beast Type monster like a "Blackwing" monster. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 11:44, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- There is no need to reveal the whole Deck but just the WIND Winged-Beast monster only. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 20:10, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Shock Ruler vs. Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 "Ninishi" Edit
Is that true, can "Number 16: Shock Ruler" negating the entire effect of "Ninishi", included it continuous effect? (The one that Normal Summon other Karakuri from the hand) --iFredCat 18:21, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
Special Summoned face-down = Special Summoned face-up?Edit
Just a ruling question: Is there any source/ruling where it is claimed that a monster Special Summoned in face-down Defense Position (i.e. "The Shallow Grave") is still treated as being Special Summoned after being flipped face-up? This was with regards to "Slifer the Sky Dragon" being Special Summoned, then Flip Summoned, and being destroyed during that End Phase. Someone claimed that the ruling of "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" (Monsters that are Special Summoned face-down, or flipped face-down after being Special Summoned, will be destroyed by "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo's" second effect) was their source. However, I'm not sure, since it doesn't account for the Set Special Summoned monster being Flip Summoned. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 21:08, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
Remove Trap wording Edit
Is it "Target" or is it "Choose" in PSCT adaption? Konami is just being derp sometimes.
- "Remove Trap" targets.
- The whole "Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, then Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck." is a Fusion Summon. It could say just: "Perform a Fusion Summon"
- ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 06:50, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting, thank you.
- Still, I would just writing the "Fusion Summon" in the place of "Special Summon" - otherwise, it just revoked up the E-HERO fusion summon in OCG/TCG if we followed that rules restrict. As Elemental HERO Fusion monsters are required to "Fusion Summon" and cannot be Special Summon by other ways. --iFredCat 22:03, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
Suppressor Dragon vs. Super Rejuvenation Edit
- Who's exactly "Burner" and "Blaster"? Can you be more specific please? ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 07:55, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
- "Burner, Elemental Dragon of Calderas" and "Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas" - I heard that the former one was used themselves as Cost to discarding in order to Special Summon the latter from the Deck and one user said that it's not counted for the effect of "Super Rejuvenation". --iFredCat 11:00, March 2, 2013 (UTC)
Forbidden Lance vs. Fiendish Chain Edit
UltimateKuriboh and I were in the argument that "Forbidden Lance" making "Fiendish Chain" lost the target. Like when I had a face-up "Evolzar Dolkka" and he had "Fiendish Chain" set on his field in the previous turn, and it's my turn - he activated "Fiendish Chain" to target on my Dolkka, make it unable to activate or attack. So now I have "Forbidden Lance" in my hand at this turn: I activate it and target on "Evolzar Dolkka", would it be forever no longer under the affect of "Fiendish Chain"? Or only it lasted a turn? --iFredCat 03:54, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- "Fiendish Chain" will continue to target the selected monster even if you activate "Forbidden Lance" on it. It will have no effect on it though which means the monster will be able to attack or activate its effects. If in that turn the monster is destroyed, "Fiendish Chain" is also destroyed. During the End Phase when "Forbidden Lance"'s effect expires, "Fiendish Chain"'s effect is reapplied and the monster is once again unable to attack or activate its effects. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 07:13, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
"Calming Magic" Edit
Sorry, I just gave the Japanese lore of "Calming Magic" a quick Google Translate and it doesn't mention "Set" (as it translates accurately for other Japanese card lores that mention "Set"). In this case, "Reverse" translates to "Flip", as the Japanese call Flip Summons "Reverse Summons." --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 13:58, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- "Calming Magic"'s OCG text mentions "Normal Summon" 「通常召喚」 which is the same as the TCG term "Normal Summon or Set".
- If an OCG text mentions only "Summon" 「召喚」, then it is translated as "Normal Summon" in the TCG (without Set). As in "Card of Sacrifice"'s OCG text.
- ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 16:39, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I see you both forgot about Forum:Scapegoat errata/rulings?.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 20:35, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll just move on from this and accept it as is. The difference here was how I translated the Japanese lore of "Calming Magic". The issue I had with "Scapegoat" was the English errata changes. So yeah, I hope no one else gets confused by this in the future. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 20:52, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- The TCG term "Tribute Summon" is the same as the OCG term "Advance/Sacrifice Summon" 「のアドバンス召喚」 and refers to both "Tribute Summon" and "Tribute Set". The old TCG text of "Scapegoat" was mentioning seperately "(or Set)" but it was just a reminder. Only the "Tribute Summon" was enough (and it is fixed in the PSCT errata). You can see the same in "Ojama Trio"'s text which it prevents both "Tribute Summons" and "Tribute Sets" of the Tokens, in both _CGs, and it don't have the reminder. There was some confusion with players when "Zombie World" was released, because it didn't had the "(or Set)" in its text, and people didn't knew if it prevented Tribute Sets or not. Normally it should prevents Tribute Sets as well, like in the OCG. Again, it doesn't need the "(or Set)" reminder.
- The translation issues are in the "Normal Summon" and "Normal Set" terms which, as I mentioned above, are different worded in each _CG. Becides that I don't see any problem with this situation. Since "Calming Magic"'s OCG text mentions "Normal Summon" and not just "Summon" it should prevent "Normal Sets" as well (in the OCG). The "(but you can Set)" in "Scapegoat"'s PSCT errata is also a reminder imo, and it is just placed there to help players understand how the card works. There were problems with players not understanding how "Scapegoat" works in the past as well. The previous lore was correct too "you cannot Summon other monsters this turn".
- ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 00:12, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Geargiarmor "Once per turn:" effect Edit
Hey, does this card's effect approve twice in a same turn if I played "Book of Taiyou" or something that flipping him to face-up (by set it to face-down)? Goldy seemed disagreed to that theory. --iFredCat 01:40, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- The first effect of "Geargiarmor" can only be activated once in the same turn. Flipping the monster face-down again does not reset the "once per turn" restriction of the Flip-Flop monsters. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 07:00, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
Effect Veiler vs. Continuous Effect Monster on the field Edit
- Of course it can, since it is an Effect Monster. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 08:09, March 10, 2013 (UTC)
Different rulings? Edit
I posted that only after I realized a similar thing was deleted just one revision ago. Regardless of whether or not these would not be considered a ruling in your book or just "a clarification of a mechanic", these definitely would make finding answers much easier and put debates among players to an end. This is as much of a clarification of a mechanic as is the line stating "If the maximum legally allowed number of copies of the declared card cannot be verified as public knowledge, you may ask your opponent to verify their hand", an addition you yourself made. Why not keep the edit when it would do more good than harm? Dpsklsd (talk • contribs) 22:51, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, that Ruling can stay for 2 reasons. First, even if it is not actual a Ruling it makes another older Ruling invalid, and second, as Dpsklsd said it will help the players understand how the card works. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 09:31, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
"Splendid Rose" Edit
What kind of effect is the 2nd effect of "Splendid Rose" (ignoring what the wiki has on there now)? Also, if "Splendid Rose" uses her 2nd effect, does she have to attack once again immediately? If you're iffy on this, would you mind e-mailing the judge ruling program? Thanks. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 19:11, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Base on my experience - If this card attacks, during the same Battle Phase you can remove from play 1 Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard to halve the ATK of this card (until the End Phase) and attack once again.
- PSCT Version: If this card has attack successful during the same Battle Phase: You can banish 1 Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard; halve this card's ATK until the End Phase to attempt the second attack.
- That's what I can figuring out base on Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning's effect text. --iFredCat 19:14, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- The second effect is a Quick Effect. If "Splendid Rose" has attacked this turn, you can activate the second effect during the same Battle Phase. When the effect resolves "Splendid Rose"'s ATK is halved. During the same turn, any time you want you can declare a second attack with "Splendid Rose". It doesn't have to be the next attack after you activate the effect. You can activate the effect, attack with another monster and then with "Splendid Rose". I will ask the question to the Judge Forum for an official answer. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 21:49, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Nothing yet. But don't expect an answer soon. They
raralyrarely answer to questions, and sometimes they never do. I made a lot of questions there that still are unanswered! ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 06:57, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Nothing yet. But don't expect an answer soon. They
New Conflict Edit
Dark Ruler Ha Des Edit
Is it necessary to link "Dark Ruler Ha Des" on its ruling page? I was taught not to link card names when the navbox for that card was available at the top of the page, something that occurs in Card Trivia and Card Tips pages quite often. --UltimateKuriboh (talk • contribs) 05:29, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
OCG Rulings for NecrovalleyEdit
I found rulings from the Japanese card database that aren't on the rulings page for Necrovalley. Using google translate, I was able to translate the majority of them.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12552&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-10-11 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている時に、「暗黒界の龍神 グラファ」が自身の効果によって墓地から特殊召喚される時に、「神の警告」によってその特殊召喚を無効にできますか？ When Solemn Warning responds to Grapha's special summon from the graveyard while Necrovalley is active, will Solemn Warning be negated? 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合でも、「神の警告」によって「暗黒界の龍神 グラファ」の自身の効果による特殊召喚を無効にする事ができます。 Even if Necrovalley is active, Grapha's special summon may still be negated by Solemn Warning.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12359&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 相手がフィールド魔法カードの「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」を発動している時に、自分がフィールド魔法カードの「マドルチェ・シャトー」を発動した場合、「マドルチェ・シャトー」の『墓地に「マドルチェ」と名のついたモンスターが存在する場合、そのモンスターを全てデッキに戻す』効果は、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果によって無効化されますか？ If the opponent has Necrovalley active and I activate Madolche Chateau while Madolche monsters exist in my graveyard, will Necrovalley negate the effect to return those monsters to the deck? 相手が「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」を発動している時に、自分が「マドルチェ・シャトー」を発動した場合、「マドルチェ・シャトー」の効果処理を行う時点では、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果は既に適用されていない状態となるため、「マドルチェ・シャトー」の効果は無効化されず、墓地に存在する「マドルチェ」と名のついたモンスターはデッキに戻します。 By the time Madolche Chateau resolves, the effects of the opponent's Necrovalley is no longer considered to be in effect. Therefore, the effect of Madolche Chateau to return Madolche monsters back to the deck are not negated.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=11857&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている時に、「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の『手札または自分の墓地から「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」以外のドラゴン族モンスター１体を自分フィールド上に特殊召喚する』効果を発動する事はできますか？ また、「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の効果を発動する事ができる場合において、墓地に存在するドラゴン族モンスターを選択した場合、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果によって無効化されますか？ While Necrovalley is active, is it possible to activate the 'Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon".' effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon? If so, would Necrovalley negate the effect if a Dragon monster in the graveyard were chosen? 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合でも、「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の効果を発動する事はできます。 また、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている時に、「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の効果によってドラゴン族モンスターを特殊召喚する場合は、手札からドラゴン族モンスターを特殊召喚しなければなりません。 なお、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている時に「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の効果を発動し、特殊召喚が可能なドラゴン族モンスターが墓地にしか存在しない状況だった場合は、「レッドアイズ・ダークネスメタルドラゴン」の効果は無効化されます。 Even if Necrovalley is active, you will still be able to activate the effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. Also, while Necrovalley is active, if you wish to special summon a Dragon monster by the effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, you must Special Summon from your hand. Furthermore, if the only monster that can be Special Summoned is in the graveyard by the time the effect of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon resolves, the effect will be negated.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12362&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 フィールド上に「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」と「暗闇を吸い込むマジック・ミラー」が存在する時に、フィールド上から墓地へ送られた「クリッター」の効果が発動した場合、「暗闇を吸い込むマジック・ミラー」の効果が適用されるため、墓地で発動した「クリッター」の効果は無効化されます。 また、フィールド上に存在する「黒竜の雛」自身を墓地へ送って効果を発動した場合にも、「暗闇を吸い込むマジック・ミラー」の効果が適用されるため、フィールド上にて発動した「黒竜の雛」の効果は無効化されます。 If both Necrovalley and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror are active, the effects of both Sangan and Red-Eyes Black Chick will be negated at resolution.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12310&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の生け贄」の効果処理を行う時点で、フィールド魔法カードゾーンに「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」が存在しなくなった場合であっても、「王家の生け贄」の効果は適用されます。 Royal Tribute will still resolve properly if Necrovalley is not on the field at the time of resolution.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=11925&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」が発動している時に、「甲虫装機 ダンセル」の『自分の手札・墓地から「甲虫装機」と名のついたモンスター１体を装備カード扱いとしてこのカードに装備できる』効果を発動する事はできます。 その際に、手札と墓地に「甲虫装機」と名のつくモンスターが存在する場合、手札から装備しなければいけません。 また、墓地にしか「甲虫装機」と名のつくモンスターが存在しない場合、その効果は無効となります。 なお、効果処理時に墓地にしか「甲虫装機」と名のつくモンスターが存在しない場合、手札の確認を相手に求められた場合には応じる必要があります。 You are able to active the 'Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster from your hand or Graveyard to this card.' effect of Inzektor Dragonfly while Necrovalley is active. In doing so, if there exists Inzektor monsters in both your hand and graveyard, you must equip from your hand. If there only exists Inzektor monsters in the graveyard, the effect is negated. Additionally, if at the time of resolution only your graveyard contains Inzektor monsters, your opponent may check your hand to confirm that there are no Inzektor monsters to equip.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12283&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合でも、「マドルチェ・ミィルフィーヤ」等の『このカードが相手によって破壊され墓地へ送られた時、このカードをデッキに戻す』効果は無効化されず、「マドルチェ・ミィルフィーヤ」等はデッキへ戻ります。 The effect of Madolche Mewfeuille to return to the deck when destroyed and sent to the graveyard is not negated while Necrovalley is active.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12159&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合、「聖刻龍－ドラゴンゲイヴ」等の効果によって、墓地に存在する「聖刻」と名のつく通常モンスターを墓地から特殊召喚する事はできません。 したがって、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合、「聖刻龍－ドラゴンゲイヴ」等の効果によって「聖刻」と名のつく通常モンスターを特殊召喚する場合は、手札かデッキからとなります。
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=9670&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 フィールド上に表側表示で存在する「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」や「霊滅術師 カイクウ」の、墓地のカードを除外できない効果が適用されている場合でも、「氷結界の龍 トリシューラ」の効果を発動する事ができます。 しかしながら、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」等の効果によって、墓地に存在するカードを除外する事ができないため、手札・フィールド上の2ヵ所から、それぞれ1枚まで除外します。
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12340&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合でも、「ミラクル・コンタクト」を発動する事はできます。 ただし、墓地から『融合モンスターカードによって決められた融合素材モンスター』を持ち主のデッキに戻す事はできないため、手札やフィールド上に存在するモンスターをデッキへ戻して特殊召喚を行います。 また、効果処理時に手札やフィールド上に存在するモンスターのみで「ミラクル・コンタクト」の処理を行えない場合には、「ミラクル・コンタクト」の効果は無効化されます。 Miracle contact may be activated while Necrovalley is active. However, since it is not possible to return monsters in the graveyard back to the deck, fusion material monsters must be from the field or hand. In the case where it is not possible to resolve Miracle Contact with only materials present on the field or hand, the effect of Miracle Contact is negated.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12444&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「エンド・オブ・アヌビス」の『墓地のカードを対象にする、または墓地で効果が発動する魔法・罠・モンスターの効果は全て無効になる』効果は、墓地のカードに効果が及ぶ扱いではないため、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果では無効化されません。 The effect of The End of Anubis does not affect the effects of Necrovalley.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=11361&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている時に「地獄の暴走召喚」を発動した際に、墓地に同名モンスターが存在する場合は、『墓地に効果が及ぶ』効果が無効になるため、「地獄の暴走召喚」の効果そのものが無効化されます。 また、墓地に同名モンスターが存在しない場合は、「地獄の暴走召喚」の効果によってお互いにモンスターを特殊召喚する事ができます。 If Inferno Reckless Summon is activated while Necrovalley is active and any of the monsters to be summoned would be from the graveyard, the entire effect of Inferno Reckless Summon is negated. If no monsters would be special summoned from the graveyard, then the effect of Inferno Reckles Summon resolves normally.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=11287&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 「ドリル・ウォリアー」の自身を特殊召喚して墓地に存在するカードを手札に加える効果はスタンバイフェイズ時に発動しますが、「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果によって無効化されます。 したがって、「ドリル・ウォリアー」はゲームから除外されたままとなり、墓地のカードを手札に加える事もできません。During the standby phase, if the effect of Drill Warrior is activated while Necrovalley is active, the effect of Drill Warrior will be negated. Thus, Drill Warrior will remain banished and no card will be added from the graveyard to your hand.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=10812&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2012-07-20 フィールド上に表側表示で存在する「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の効果が適用されている場合であっても、「The supremacy SUN」の自身を墓地から特殊召喚する効果は無効化されません。http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:ATEMVEGETA?action=edit# また、フィールド上に表側表示で存在する「エンド・オブ・アヌビス」の効果が適用されている場合は、自身を特殊召喚する効果は無効化されます。 The effect of The Sumpremacy Sun to special summon itself from the graveyard is not negated by Necrovalley. The effect of The Sumpremacy Sun to special summon itself from the graveyard is negated if The End of Anubis is face-up on the field.
http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=12764&keyword=&tag=-1 | 2013-05-02 「王家の眠る谷－ネクロバレー」の適用中には墓地のカードをゲームから除外する事ができない為、「透破抜き」を発動する事はできません。 You cannot activate Debunk when a monster effect in the graveyard is activated while Necrovalley is active.