This is the talk page for discussing the article, Yu-Gi-Oh! Tier List.
Please try to
Point of this page
- Whilst definitely some of the listed decks are clearly only added by those who personally thought it was good, most of them are supported by archived YCS/SJC coverage blogs, and for sure the more recent lists are more reliable. Shamus (talk • contribs) 05:03, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
- How would we go about referencing what's considered top tier? Whatever appears most frequently in known Deck types for top 16/32 in YCS and other major tournaments over a year span? Forbidden/Limited Lists change and new sets come out a few times a year, changing what's considered top tier. So using that method something could be considered top tier for a short period of time and lose out. -- Deltaneos (talk) 17:03, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
In my opinion, Dark Worlds should be Tier 1, while HEROes are Tier 2. I see a lot more DWs on DN, and they are generally stronger than most decks.
- You do realize we're not even a month in? --User:BROOKLYN RAGE! 12:33, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
I agree, we should wait to see what survives the banlist.
About the divisions
In this article, we used to divide Tier Lists by year, so it was one for each year. Now we're doing a Year-to-Year division, as in 2011-2012. I think it would be more correct if we divide it by format, as in March 2012, September 2012, and so on. In case that looks too confusing, maybe we can use the current division in a different way, as in 2011-2012, 2012, 2012-2013. Either way, dividing it by banlist format would be more true, as an example, Judgment Spellbooks didn't even exist in 2012, and only started topping in 2013 after March. Any other suggestions on how to divide it are welcome. GMTails (talk • contribs) 14:08, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
No Ninja Chaos Dragon, or Ninja Mist Valley Apex, or Ninja Simorgh Lockdown????
Ridiculous this deck´s is a not included in tier list..
~~ Bijak stupid, in 2012, Official Japanese Tournamenets, http://shriek.twoday.net/ released many deck Ninja Chaos Dragon or Pure Ninja. YCS is not the only thing that measures the tier list. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:04, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
~~Aside from the fact that I feel that tier lists in general for anything below tier 1 are pretty hard to see, I find it funny that Bijak tells someone to p*** off over including Ninjas because they haven't won a big tournament. Then you look at tier 3 and see Evols there. Seriously da hell? If Evols is Tier 3 then Ninjas should at least get a mention there, because I'm sure as hell that Ninjas are a better deck than the Evols in terms of power--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 04:53, April 26, 2013 (UTC).
Tier List 2002-2005/2006
Where are they? Tournaments have been played already before 2006... --TheGallisMan 23:02, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
TCG Only You Say?
Why are Elemental Dragons and Judgment Spellbook/Prophecy on the list when they don't get released in the TCG until next month?
This page is supposed to be TCG only but clearly those were written in because of the OCG. Spellbook Judgment Day and Elemental Dragons aren't in the TCG until Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy's release in May. They're only in the OCG currently.
This needs to be corrected until they are released and actually top tournaments. This is important because there's a possibility that Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy's TCG release won't see the baby elemental dragons, which are what make the deck so consistent. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:03, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Agents need to be on 2013 tier list they are still relevant at least tier 3 more like tier 2 especially if gravekeeper and dark world are on the list why aren't chaos agents? ---- ]
Just going to tag onto the bottom and say that Agent are a very clear tier two, easily beating Hero and Dark world...they are still relevant and still tier two (18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:47, June 10, 2013 (UTC))
The "Tier" lists are a bit confusing and a bit misleading. I highly suggest that the "Tier" lists are separated by format.
Move to Forum
I'm reiterating a need to move this to the forum. A page that needs a disclaimer saying its entire content is subjective shouldn't exist on the main pages. Its existence baits edit wars from people who feel X is top tier, mid tier, etc. Moved to the forum, such debates can be carried out more freely. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 00:12, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. The content is far too subjective for the main space. I can't think of much else to add that you haven't already said. -- Deltaneos (talk) 21:25, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
I have a big problem with Blackwings being taken off the tier list. Firstly, Take a look at the recent ban list. If you notice, Kalut, one of the FEW lvl 3s in the deck, one of the most BROKEN cards in the deck, and the most USEFUL card in the deck, was officially put at 3. 3!!! THREEEE!!!!! Not something you're going to see with Honest. Secondly, continuing with ban list criteria, I've heard much talk that Konami is thinking on putting Black Whirlwind at 2, and that's one of the most useful cards to have on the field (please forgive me if this sounds like rant)! Thirdly, Blackwings are one of the few decks that can change their playing style mid-duel. Think of it this way. if your opponent keeps you from using those special summons, all you have to do is switch things up with high-power normal summons. Forth and final, they have TONS of support from TONS/TONS of cards. To name a few, Icarus attack, Dark Armed Dragon, and Dark grepher are only some. You can even give it some Chaos-play by adding effect veiler, Thunder king Rai-oh!, and BLS. I don't know what you people were thinking by taking this deck off of the tier list, but Blackwings, however insignificant to you, are neither down nor out! --Shadowsworn (talk • contribs) 19:46, July 3, 2013 (UTC)