This is the talk page for discussing the article, Tyrant Dragon.
Please try to
if this card is special summoned from the graveyard and it's the only dargon does it tributes itself?
if this card is special summoned from the graveyard face down do you have to tribute a dragon monster?
- If you don't have any dragons on the field when you special summon it, then you can't special summon it. If you special summon it face-down, you don't have to tribute because when you flip it face-up, it's a flip-summon. Bluedog187 20:56, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
That wouldn't work. When you special summon it has to be in Face-up postition.(FireGod 18:32, 15 June 2009 (UTC))
Would a Divine Wrath be able to destroy a Tyrant Dragon because it negates a cards effect and destroys it, yet Tyrant Dragon negates trap cards that him and destroys them. Who wins the battle?
- Tyrant Dragon's effect is continuous and Continuous Effects have no spell speed so they cannot be chained to. Put simply, Tyrant Dragon wins the battle.BlueEyesWhiteDragon 19:46, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
Can Tyrant Dragon effect stop the trap card Mirror Force when it attacks?
- No, Mirror Force does not target. --Sky Scourge God 05:48, January 16, 2010 (UTC)
Remove From Play Special Summon? Edit
I've been thinking of a technicallity with this card- it's effect only affects it in the Graveyard apparently. If you were to remove it from play, then special summon it from the RFP section, because it's not technically the Graveyard could you special summon it without sacrificing a Dragon monster? V. Fire Daniels 19:44, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely, if you special summon it while its removed from play it won't require a sacrifice. --Sky Scourge God 05:56, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
This is a recent issue that has arisen many times. I will have Tyrant Dragon face up in attack position and my duel partner will activate Needle Ceiling (when the proper requirements have been met). I say Tyrant Dragon isnt affected, my opponent claims it is because Tyrant Dragon isnt being targeted. Who is right? ~~ Luis S.
The effect of Needle Ceiling doesn't target. "Negate the effect of any Trap Card that targets this card, and destroy that Trap Card." so Tyrant Dragon can be destroyed by the effect of Needle Ceiling.--HHTurtle 10:20, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
Tyrant dragon vs Widespread Ruin Edit
Can TYRANT dragon be targeted by widespread ruin and destroyed because that totally just happened to me while playing reverse of arcadia on my ds.--Devin
- That's because "Widespread Ruin" don't target, like
Sakuretsu Armor,Mirror Force, etc. It only go for high ATK points then destroy it. --FredCat Ta.P. • F.P. • J.R. • W.S. • Th.P. 13:58, October 14, 2010 (UTC)