This is the talk page for discussing the article, Main Page.
Please try to
| This page is for discussing the Main Page or the wiki in general.
Listing of "upgraded monsters"?
- There are already an article that base on "retraining" version, so don't bother create one. It's like "Celtic Guardian" to "Obnoxious Celtic Guard". --FredCat 15:38, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Retrained is when the card keeps it ATK, DEF, Level and has the same monster in the illustration, but is given an effect. The "upgraded" cards Mattwo is referring to aren't retrained. There's an article card evolutions which covers both upgrades and retrained versions. -- Deltaneos (talk) 17:16, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
Possessed Dark Soul Featured Card
I was just wondering about featuring the card "Possessed Dark Soul" as I use it often and find it quite powerful for stealing tuners, and Xyz monsters. It is one of my favorite cards, and people use a lot more smaller monsters now than back in the day before Synchros.
Xyz Monsters are levelless, not level 0 as I originally thought. Possessed Dark soul is still powerful for stealing tuners, marshmallons, etc. Tyrantglider (talk • contribs) 13:31, March 19, 2012 (UTC) Tyrantglider
Chat not working
All I see when I ope nthe chat window is a white box. Is it down? Or am I just getting an error of some kind? —This unsigned comment was made by Tyrantglider (talk • contribs) 18:42, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's down. There have been a lot of problems like this with chat recently. If you wait a while and try rejoining it might work. Chat is being re-engineered this month. Hopefully when that's done, the problems will be fixed. -- Deltaneos (talk) 20:08, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
need a new content...
hi there, since this wikia has reached more than 50 000 pages, how about adding some content such as featured articles, featured images and did you know...? trivia??--Nur Fadzila (talk • contribs) 02:34, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
hmm,I guess my early post above wasn't a good idea at all since YGO is all about cards XD but hey, how about featured character?? where we'll feature a character from any YGO series...ok like this, we'll feature a character once per month where we'll held a poll where any users here can nominate their fav characters...the character with most votes will be featured on the next month, btw Duel Monsters Spirit also acceptable..:)--Nur Fadzila (talk • contribs) 08:09, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
>come on wiki for frequent new set checks
>come on wiki today and find this: http://i.imgur.com/ofrpJ.png
Priority Update Notice
The main page should have some kind of reference or notice about the priority change. It literally just changed the entire game. Perhaps a big notice across the top with a link to the article?
Main Page lock?
It's been bugging me that the Main Page has very little protection from trollers/vandals. All you need to do is to sign up for an account, and you can compromise it as much as you can.
Also, woo. 1000th main-page post.
- It's not that simple. Your account needs to be autoconfirmed before it can edit the Main Page. The common way of becoming autoconfirmed is for your account to be at least four days old and have at least ten edits. -- Deltaneos (talk) 11:27, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
New File System
I don't know if anyone already talked about this, sorry if anyone did. So, to be direct, I didn't like very much the new system of seeing files (when you click on a file to see its details and etc.). First, if the file is not loose in an article, how can I upload a new version of the file? And how can I see the story? And edit it? LegenaryAsariUgetsu (talk • contribs) 19:16, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Click where it says the filename in the top corner. If the image has been thumbnailed, you can click on the magnification glass to skip past the lightbox. It's being discussed at Forum:New image lightbox. -- Deltaneos (talk) 19:29, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Someone idiot block me from ANY wiki from cause is 'vandalism'. I can only wach when my bstrd lttl brother stops me at any wiki! He makes tons of spam and other non-good and now i cant be in ANY wiki! I found this yugioh wiki. Thank good, he (brother) didnt found this wiki. So, WHAT HECK I CAN DO IF I AM BLOCKED FOR YEAR 2025?! <--- biggest block time.
I read i can try speak (chat) with someone, but i can cause i'm blocked.
Pac-man world wiki
Littlebigplanet 1 and 2 wiki
Rathet & Clank wiki
yugioh! wiki (sometimes)
yugioh custom wiki
duel masters wiki
|wikies that i never was but them are now bloked for year 2015|
lord of the rings wiki
lego bionickle wiki
lego city wiki
so what i must do? i only make sites better, by making new information.
ps. name is unknow, it are deleted forever. Fault is virus (?) that i get from (?) yugioh! custom wiki. Pc that is write that is my friend computer, cause that virus (?) hack it. And cant make new accounts.
- Who is boss of this wiki?
- Why same informations are here and nobody fix them? (featured card etc)
- Why when someone makes page better, someone delete it cause 'wrong format' and make new version of it, instead of rewriting?
Is there any reason that the featured card has been the same for months? Are the features written on a volunteer basis, and no-one has volunteered? Would it be possible to change this, maybe, once a month? Or at least to implement some sort of rotation so it does not become stagnant? Answers are much appreciated. If it is on a volunteer basis, then can I volunteer to write a feature? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:26, June 30, 2012 (UTC)
Why is it that there have only been 25 videos added to this wikia since the Video section was added not long ago? I'm tired of seeing the same anime commercials in that section, and I was wondering if there was any certain way I could help out.
- Removing the module outright is the best option in my opinion. I've only seen it used by someone to get free advertising for their YouTube videos and other people to add unimportant or unrelated stuff. We don't use much videos on this site and when we do we can just put them directly on the relevant articles. -- Deltaneos (talk) 22:33, July 15, 2012 (UTC)
- The guys of Narutopedia disabled this feature completely. --The Goblin 01:37, July 16, 2012 (UTC)
No article for episode 221
It seems you have an article for every episode of Yu-Gi-Oh but you're missing the article for episode 221. I just thought I should let you know this. —This unsigned comment was made by Theinvadersonic (talk • contribs) 13:15, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- We do, but due to some cache problem it wasn't appearing in previous/next links, episode lists etc. It should appear in them now. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:29, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
- We do. e.g. Yami Yugi and Mako's Duel. It just hasn't been done for many Duels. -- Deltaneos (talk) 15:11, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
I know that Zexal II anime has been announed, but why is it included in the template? Viewers should know of newer episodes of Zexal (I) first (same goes for the spin-off D Team manga, it should be first the Zexal manga). Energy X ∞ 17:25, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
- They're at:
- Are you planning on changing character number 6 for ZEXAL. People have changed it quite a bit recently between Hart, Rio and Rie. It might be worth starting a discussion to see if we can agree on one to stick with. -- Deltaneos (talk) 18:24, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Hart has had more actual involvement, but I'd hardly call any of the three of them main characters at all. There really isn't another character to use. Yuma and Astral are the main character, while Kite and Shark have been featured prominently enough in the plot to be considered main. Kotori is a main character only because she's always there. The rest of Yuma's friends do pretty much nothing. I would consider most of the villains to be better fits for "main characters" than Yuma's friends.
- Rio and Rei were both featured in V Jump, and the article made it quite clear they'd be involved in the plot. But they haven't been yet. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 18:54, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
- What if we had just five characters for that section?
- I haven't checked other browsers, but the bottom two should be centre aligned. I think it looks okay, but my biggest worry is that if we get lenient on the six rule, people will start adding/removing more characters, until each section is totally off balance. -- Deltaneos (talk) 02:30, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I was thinking earlier about the possibility of having one of the portals either rotate or randomize between the disputed characters; I've never done anything with randomization in wikitext myself, but Wikipedia has templates that do pseudorandom shuffling, and IIRC there's a random selection extension used on e.g. Uncyclopedia (though it's been far too long since I've looked at either to say offhand how they work). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:41, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- A character doesn't need to be connected to the plot to be part of the 6. Deltaneos said it here. Hart hasn't appeared that much than Bronk who is present in the majority of the ZEXAL episodes even though Bronk is useless in the story. We haven't seen Rio and Rei that much in an episode. Though i gotta admit Bronk's role is getting smaller and smaller similer to Bastion in GX. I suggest that for the mean time, Bronk is part of the 6 and when his role gets smaller and a character will have a better role than Bronk then we replace Bronk. Ok? ----SharkTenjo 04:58, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
Missing things on Pages, Mislabeled things on Pages, and just stuff like that
hello I've been going through the site lately and I've been noticing that in a lot of the pages and lists of monsters and members of archetypes and a bunch of other pages that there has been a lot of stuff that is missing and/or mislabeled on the pages I put stuff on the talk pages for those specific ones that I found but through my experience on Wikis Talk pages dont get looked at all too often so I brought it here so that it can be noticed and fixed and such. the current things I have listed on are the Fiend Members list, Zombie type page, and the Elemental Hero page. there are other things like this on other pages as well but I havent put them on the talk page or havent discovered them yet or whatever. anyways I hope this gets noticed so that the fixes and whatever needs to get done is done. thank you for your time.Lordofninjas1 (talk • contribs) 02:02, October 24, 2012 (UTC)
- This is the layout mentioned.
- My thoughts in relation to each of the changes you've made:
- I'm not sure why the first heading is being reset to more plain styles. Although I see you tried to change the text colour, but "golden" isn't a legitimate web colour.
- The additional picture of Yami Yugi seems random.
- I don't really like how people are always detaching administrators from other users; People feeling that they don't have a say in anything by not being an administrator. etc. I think that line about administrators makes it seem as though only admins are capable of or willing to help people.
- I'm personally not a big fan of sliders. What goes in them seems arbitrary.
- You've added some links to pages about the site itself, rather than just its content. That seems like a good idea.
- Create boxes on a high traffic pages, as far as I know, result in a lot of spam or people creating junk pages, not knowing what they're doing.
- The changes to the character section is okay. I like both the current way and your suggestion.
- Overall, I think if we are to work on redesigning the main page, we need to focus on making it shorter, not longer.
- Echoing what Delta has already said, the changes add some links to content about us, but overall doesn't add anything to justify the size increase. I'm personally not a big fan of the slider, as it feels a little cheap to me, and the idea of deciding how and what to add/remove every so often is just an additional headache we could do without. Also, I'm a bigger fan of the old character layout than the new one suggested, as I think the older one looks neater, and allows us to clearly define characters and their origin.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 13:31, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't like the slider, but the addition of links to stuff about the site is good. We could use that to link to policy pages. It would help advertise them better. I like the character section redesign, I was never fond of the tabs to switch series. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 16:11, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I definitely like that version of the character section better than the current one. The slider seems unnecessary, though it could be changed to toggle through the different series. I get the idea behind the "random" Yami picture; he's the one giving the greeting. I like it. I would say link the part about what to do about needing help to the appropriate forum pages rather than the policy pages, though links to our policies could probably be added as well. But that create page box needs to go; it's asking for trouble. --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 16:35, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
I have read all your comments so did a little experiment take a look at new main page redesign look, MainPage. if you have any comment write it in the talk page highly respet, Stark 21:44, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
- The box at the top of the page looks good. Although, the logo looks a bit repetitive when you view the page in the default skin.
- You have an unclosed HTML tag somewhere in the code, causing it to break in Monobook.
- You've used tables to add boxes and line breaks. Using HTML elements for anything other than their intended purpose makes the page less machine readable and less likely to appear high in search engines. You should really use <div> tags to create boxes and paragraphs, CSS, <div> tags or <br /> to add line breaks.
- The headings seem a bit clunkier to me.
- By default, the WikiActivity module appears in the sidebar for every page, except the main page. I don't think we should be giving away a large chunk near the top of the Main Page to something that's easily spotted otherwise.
- You've removed "Featured Card" and added "Featured Article". It's an interesting idea. At first it seems like broadening the scope. The two concepts are very different things though. A featured article is an article which is considered to be well-written and complete. Featured cards here are nothing to do with the quality of their article. They're reviews of the card, written by editors. I don't think people would be okay with dropping featured cards.
- Featured articles independent of featured cards is still interesting though. But over 47000 of our articles are card pages or other card information pages, nearly 3000 are extra set information pages (list, gallery, ratios) and over 1000 are lists of cards by properties. I don't see how any of them could be considered "well-written" when they don't use much prose. I'm not sure how many of the remaining pages are considered well-written for us to frequently update that section. We'd also have to set up a process for determining what's good enough to be featured, which is really another issue altogether.
- I've seen very few videos, if not none, that add encyclopedic value. I'm not too keen on the featured media section.
- "Other sets" should really be directly below "Latest set". You have "Featured Media" between the two.
- -- Deltaneos (talk) 00:25, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm with Neos and the others, I don't like the slider, and I know it's going to cause headaches later by making us decide what to put in the slider, we already have issues with simply doing Featured Card articles, we don't need more problems. I get why Yami Yugi is there, but I don't like him there, from a simple design perspective, he makes that portion of the page seem unbalanced, which isn't really helpful. The characters don't matter too much, but the current way seems to take up less space, but the proposed design makes the page feel whole. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 15:37, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- When speaking in the context of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, as far as I know, people say "anime" to refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime, "manga" to refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL manga and D Team to refer to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL D Team. People might call D Team, a spin-off, but I don't think they refer to it as "the spin-off". e.g. you might say In the anime, X happens. In the manga, Y happens. In D Team, Z happens., not In the spin-off, Z happens.. That was my reasoning behind changing it at least. -- Deltaneos (talk) 13:22, December 18, 2012 (UTC)
Predecessor and Followed By or Succeeded
i have a something that might be very useful for the yu-gi-oh series we should add Predecessor and Follow By,example Yu-Gi-Oh! Add to its Info Followed By GX, Next GX Predecessor By Yu-Gi-Oh! and Follow By 5DS Next 5DS Predecessor By GX And Followed By ZEXAL Predecessor By 5DS please Dont Get Confuse (22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:18, January 15, 2013 (UTC))
Can somebody do something about this guy? He's posted almost a full page of fan-made cards and card proxies and I think it'd be way too tedious to manually delete them all.
- I've blocked him for a week (though I'm open to reducing or removing it if he appeals, since he may have been trying to help with some of those images), and DinoGuy and I tag-teamed to take down his uploads. Thanks for the alert, but in the future, post this sort of thing the forum. :) --Golden Key (talk • contribs) 19:48, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
Mistake in featured card
Manga Section and Team ZeXal Sectio not showing dates?
hi guys i noticed in the main page it doest tell whens the next manga date is release did someone removed it or what the main shows no release dates for any zexal or 5ds did someone did somthing please let me know im very curious leave a message on my talk page this boy is very curious why its not in the main page anymore (107Number (talk • contribs) 18:37, March 20, 2013 (UTC))
- It's an interesting idea. Have you any plans on how we should present it? More tabs, a new set of tabs, below the content in the existing tabs or something different? We should also probably aim to have the character images the same size across all series and mediums. -- Deltaneos (talk) 20:55, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Judgment of the Light Release Date
Hi: Alter Reality Games has posted the release date for the Judgment of the Light set. It is Aug 9, 2013. Here's the link: http://articles.alterealitygames.com/?p=22075 ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 17:57, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
Rather than the separate anime (Toi, DM, GX, CApsule Monsters, 5D's, ZEXAL) and mangas (YGO, R, GX, 5D's, ZEXAL, D Team) being under separate tabs all defaulting to the latest, are now all separate one beneath the other stretching the page horribly :( ...My understanding is that the main page of a wiki is usually preferred to be compact so that most items can be seen without to much scrolling whilst also being clear :s Personally I thought the old look was clear enough... Sardeth42 (talk • contribs) 09:32, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- They're just super big, big enough to actually see their pretty faces. --iFredCat 12:52, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes I think you are right Deltaneos, i had noticed it a number of times for a while but refrained from saying anything in case that was the case, but regardless it seems to be back to normal now so sorry about that :s
- oh and FredCat it is nice that all of the pictures are the same size now :) -- Sardeth42 (talk • contribs) 21:31, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Sort of related; but for the Japanese air dates under Anime it only shows up to episode 113 - I've done a number of null edits and checked all the later pages and can't work out why episodes 114 through to 117 aren't showing up :/ -- 00:24, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Are you referring to the page, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode listing (season 2)? It now shows up to 114, but that's because someone has capped it there. If you look at the code, it says
[[Episode series::Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL]][[Episode number::>99]][[Episode number::<114]]. i.e. Episodes from Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, whose number is greater than or equal to 99 and whose number is less than or equal to 114. (Yes "≤" and "≥" would make more sense.)
- When Superlmno split the list into two sections, they put an upper limit of 98 on the second list and people have kept increasing it since then.
- If we actually know which episode that arc is going to end, put in its number. Otherwise just remove the
- tl;dr? Remove
[[Episode number::<114]]from Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode listing (season 2). -- Deltaneos (talk) 01:41, June 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Are you referring to the page, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode listing (season 2)? It now shows up to 114, but that's because someone has capped it there. If you look at the code, it says
Zexal Main Characters
I suggest adding Quattro and Trey in the Zexal characters in this page instead of Tori, Rio Kastle since they are playing more major roles in the story then Tori and Rio. Dark Soul Taker (talk • contribs) 01:41, October 2, 2013 (UTC)
Ritual Card Trivia
Is it possible to edit the 'Trivia' widget at the bottom of the page? I've noticed that one of the featured trivia entries is now incorrect - it says "No Ritual monsters have been featured in the anime since GX", but now 'Paladin of Photon Dragon' has been featured in Zexal this is no longer true. Huwage (talk • contribs) 17:23, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, we did forget to update that. You can edit those comments at Template:MainPageTrivia or I can do so if you'd prefer. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 17:44, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
Broken Show Links
I've noticed that as of yesterday, nothing happens when I attempt to reveal the table of info indicated by the "[show]" link on the right. It only appears to affect this one and was wondering if it's a bug. I can't reveal anything hidden now, including when cards appeared or what sets they were released in.--MasterMarik (talk • contribs) 18:37, January 20, 2014 (UTC)