Sunlight is the second Duel world in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008.
In this world, the player will see a Pyramid with Guardian Sphinx beside it. The player must talk to him and the player will be presented with 5 Duel Puzzles. Complete 3 to enter the pyramid, complete 5 to unlock Maximillion Pegasus in World Championship Mode.
Also, outside there are other Duelists. Beating them 5 times unlocks their respective Duelist in World Championship Mode.
- Warrior Lady of the Wasteland (unlocks D.D. Warrior Lady)
- Kabazauls (unlocks Sabersaurus)
- Mech Bass (found in the water when ripples appear, unlocks nothing)
- The Legendary Fisherman (found in the water when ripples appear, unlocks nothing)
Inside the pyramid there are even more Duelists.
- Gravekeeper's Commandant (unlocks Gravekeeper's Chief)
- Dark Dust Spirit (unlocks Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi)
- Don Zaloog (unlocks Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn )
- Dark Mimic LV1 (unlocks nothing)
The player beating each Duelist (not counting Dark Mimic LV1) at least once and Spirit of the Pharaoh will appear. Defeat him, and the player unlock Spirit of the Pharaoh in World Championship Mode.
Head outside, and the player will find Sand Moth kicking sand on Pyramid Turtle. The player has option to help, and the player will Duel Sand Moth. After defeating it, the player unlock Sand Moth in World Championship Mode, and the turtle shows the player to an underwater area.
Here, there are even more Duelists.
- Maiden of the Aqua (unlocks Aquarian Alessa)
- Abyss Soldier (unlocks Chrysalis Dolphin)
- Sea Serpent Warrior of Darkness (unlocks Kaiser Sea Horse)
Beat them all at least once and a fourth Duelist will appear, Otohime. Defeat Otohime, and the player unlock her in World Championship Mode, and a new gate will appear.
When the player went to the gate, Shell Guardian - Savan will provides the player with 5 challenges. They are all normal Duels, but with restrictions to Deck building:
- 40 card Deck
- 2000 LP
- Only Monster Cards
- Spells Forbidden
- 3 of each card
The player complete 3 challenges to unlock the World of Civilization, and complete all 5 to unlock Alexis Rhodes in World Championship Mode.
The stone monument will appear, once the player has defeated Warrior Lady and Kabazauls 5 times each. The stone monument has a craving of Exxod, Master of The Guard, the player need to summon Exxod, Master of The Guard and win the Duel, in order to unseal it. Do this and unlock Marcel in World Championship Mode.
There is another stone monument, it will appear when the player has defeated all of the Duel spirits underwater five times each. The stone monument has a craving of Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus, the player need to summon Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus and win the Duel, in order to unseal it. Beating the monument will unlock Atticus Rhodes in World Championship Mode.