Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Japanese (base text)||
Kinds of Summon
There are a number of different types of Summons.
- Normal Summon
- Flip Summon
- Special Summon
Tribute Summon is a kind of Normal Summon, and Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum Summons are kinds of Special Summon.
Unofficial names for Summoning methods
There are also other terms referring to ways of Summoning monsters, but these are not official names in the TCG/OCG, and as such are never mentioned in functional card text. These names come from anime, manga and video games, or from vernacular used by players.
- Gemini Summon: Normal Summoning a Gemini monster that is currently face-up on the field in order to have it gain its effect.
- Contact Fusion: Special Summoning a Fusion Monster using its Fusion Materials, but without using a Fusion Summoning effect like "Polymerization" since it is not a Fusion Summon.
- Transformation Summon: Special Summoning a Fusion Monster using its specific card, and without using any Fusion Material Monsters.
- Accel Synchro Summon: Synchro Summoning a Synchro Monster using a Tuner Synchro Monster and non-Tuner Synchro Monster.
- Delta Accel Synchro Summon: Synchro Summoning a Synchro Monster using a Tuner Synchro Monster and 2 non-Tuner Synchro Monsters.
- Limit Over Accel Synchro Summon: Synchro Summoning a Synchro Monster using a Tuner Synchro Monster and 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters.
- Double Tuning: Synchro Summoning a Synchro Monster using 2 Tuner monsters.
- Dark Synchro Summon: Synchro Summoning a Dark Synchro Monster by subtracting the Level of a Dark Tuner monster from the Level of 1 non-Tuner monster (so far, this only present in video games and anime).
- Xyz Evolution: Special Summoning an Xyz Monster by using an Xyz Monster on the field as the only Xyz Material, attaching all the Xyz Materials attached to the Material to the Summoned monster.
Each player can only perform 1 Normal Summon/Set and 1 Pendulum Summon per turn (even if that Summon is negated), excluding card effects.
There are no restrictions on Flip Summons and Special Summon.