Spell Speed 1 (スペルスピード１ , Superusupīdo Ichi) is the slowest of all Spell Speeds. These card effects cannot be chained in response to any other Spell Speed effects. Typically, these effects cannot be Chain Link 2 or higher, unless multiple Spell Speed 1 effects are activated simultaneously.
The following are all Spell Speed 1:
- Normal/Field/Continuous/Equip & Ritual Spell Cards
- Flip/Ignition and Trigger Effects
- Ignition-like & Trigger-like Effects
- Non-Quick-Play Spell Cards, Ignition Effects and Ignition-like Effects can only be used if the game state is open in your Main Phase, unless stated on the card itself (such as "Curse of Fiend").
- Spell Speed 1 effects cannot be chained in response to any other effects e.g. When you activate "Storm"; you cannot then activate "Pot of Greed" in response to draw cards before using "Storm" effect, since "Pot of Greed" is a Normal Spell Card, and is therefore Spell Speed 1.
- The only case in which Spell Speed 1 effects can be chained against each other, is when they activate simultaneously e.g. 2 "Mystic Tomatos" attacking each other, or 2 "Sangans" attacking each other, with each effect activating in the Graveyard.