|Japanese (kanji and furigana)||
A Ritual Summon (
A Monster that was properly Ritual Summoned can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard unless otherwise dictated by the card's text.
How to Summon a Ritual Monster
During your Main Phase 1 or 2, if you have a Ritual Monster in your hand, its required Ritual Spell Card in your hand or Set on the field, and a monster(s) on the field or your hand whose total Level(s) meet the requirements of the Ritual Spell Card, you can activate the Ritual Spell Card.
- Reveal the Ritual Monster in your hand that you are attempting to Ritual Summon.
- Tribute monsters from a location(s) specified on the Ritual Spell Card, whose total Levels meet the requirements of the Ritual Spell Card.
- (Unless the Ritual Spell Card specifies otherwise, you are allowed to Tribute face-down monsters you control.)
- (If all your Monster Card Zones are currently used, you must Tribute at least 1 monster in them to Ritual Summon the Ritual Monster.)
- Special Summon the Ritual Monster Card onto your side of the field in either face-up Attack or Defense Position.
- Finally, send the Ritual Spell Card to the Graveyard upon resolution of its effect.