Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Quick Effect
Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka
Immediate Trigger Effect
A Quick Effect, formerly called a Multi-Trigger Effect, and called an Immediate Trigger Effect (誘発即時効果 Yūhatsu Sokuji Kōka) in Japan, is a type of monster effect that is Spell Speed 2 (and is the only Spell Speed 2 monster effect).
It is the only type of monster effect that can be activated in Summon negation window, and the only one that can be Chained to another activation (excluding SEGOC). As such, monsters effects that negate activations or Summons are all Quick Effects.
Under the Problem-Solving Card Text, Quick Effects are normally noted by "During either player's/your opponent's [turn/Phase/Step]:". Some Quick Effects are specifically noted as such in the card text, such as "Necro Gardna". For cards without Problem-Solving Card Text, Quick Effects are denoted by text which indicates the same timing as the PSCT standard, or only noted in rulings.
Unless otherwise specified (e.g. "Light and Darkness Dragon"), Quick Effects may be activated as many times in a Chain as possible.
- Chain Link 1: The opponent activates "Fissure".
- Chain Link 2: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate and destroy "Fissure".
- Chain Link 3: The opponent Chains "Book of Moon", targeting "Horus".
- Chain Link 4: The player Chains "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"'s effect to negate and destroy "Book of Moon.
Since Chains resolve backwards, the Chain would resolve as follows:
- Chain Link 4: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Book of Moon".
- Chain Link 3: "Book of Moon" resolves without effect.
- Chain Link 2: "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" negates and destroys "Fissure".
- Chain Link 1: "Fissure" resolves without effect.
List of OCG/TCG monsters with Quick Monster Effects
|Japanese name||Rank||Level||Attribute||Type||Card type||ATK||DEF||?ATK||?DEF|
|A-Team: Trap Disposal Unit||トラップ処理班 Ａチーム||2||FIRE||Machine||Effect Monster|
|A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon||ＡｔｏＺ－ドラゴン・バスターキャノン||10||LIGHT||Machine||Monster Card|
|ABC-Dragon Buster||ＡＢＣ－ドラゴン・バスター||8||LIGHT||Machine||Fusion Monster|
|Absolute King Back Jack||絶対王 バック・ジャック||1||DARK||Fiend||Effect Monster|
|Abyss Dweller||深淵に潜む者||4||WATER||Sea Serpent||Xyz Monster|
|Accel Synchron||アクセル・シンクロン||5||DARK||Machine||Synchro Monster|
|Achacha Chanbara||アチャチャチャンバラー||3||FIRE||Warrior||Effect Monster|
|Aegaion the Sea Castrum||魔海城アイガイオン||8||WATER||Machine||Xyz Monster|
|Aleister the Eidolon Summoner||召喚師アレイスター||4||DARK||Spellcaster||Monster Card|
|Ally of Justice Cycle Reader||Ａ・Ｏ・Ｊ サイクルリーダー||3||DARK||Machine||Monster Card|
|... further results|