Quick-Play Spell Cards, known as Instant Magic Cards in the OCG (Japanese:
Face-down Quick-Play Spell Cards can be activated during either player's turn. However they cannot be activated the turn they are Set. i.e. When a player Sets a Quick-Play Spell Card during their own turn, they cannot activate it until the beginning of their opponent's next turn.
Quick-Play Spell Cards can be Chained to other cards.
- Player A activates "Dark Hole".
- Player B chains "Imperial Order".
- Player A chains "Mystical Space Typhoon" from their hand.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 yugioh-card.com Official rulebook version 7.1; page 18
- ↑ entertainment.upperdeck.com (Archive) Advanced Gameplay FAQs - Rules for Quick-Play Spell Cards