"Piece Golem" is a series of EARTH Attribute Rock-Type monsters that are designed to swarm the field that were released in the booster pack, "The Duelist Genesis". The Piece Golems are shown in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series being used by Jack Atlas.
With the exception of "Multiple Piece Golem", all Piece Golems have 0 DEF and average ATK for a monster of their level. They also have an ascending/descending ATK and Level, with "Small Piece Golem" being Level 3 and "Big Piece Golem" being Level 5. "Medium Piece Golem" has exactly 500 more ATK than "Small Piece Golem" and exactly 500 less of "Big Piece Golem", with "Big Piece Golem" having exactly 500 less than "Multiple Piece Golem".
The playstyle of the average "Piece Golem" Deck is fairly slow, so cards such as "Card Destruction", "Morphing Jar", "Hand Destruction", "Dark World Dealings" and "Dark Scheme" are all important cards to keep your deck moving, and the grave full of rocks. Other cards that help you get your perfect grave include "Foolish Burial" and "Rock Bombardment". Once your grave has a decent amount of "Piece Golems", you can use cards such as "Monster Reborn" and "Call of the Haunted" to Summon your "Golems" and use their effects.
"Medium Piece Golem" and "Small Piece Golem" can Special Summon one another. If "Big Piece Golem" is on the field, "Medium Piece Golem" can fuse with "Big Piece Golem" to form "Multiple Piece Golem" which also has a built-in "De-Fusion"-like effect, allowing you to swarm the field if you summoned it from your hand. "Big Piece Golem" can also be Normal Summoned with no Tributes if your opponent controls a monster and you do not (similar to "Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn"). The quickest way to use them would be to Special Summon "Big Piece Golem", use its effect to bring out "Medium Piece Golem" and then follow that up by using your new monster's effect to bring out "Small Piece Golem" to boot. If you have a Fusion card such as "Polymerization" with you, use it as the final step to summon "Multiple Piece Golem" and use all four "Piece Golem" cards in one turn.
A "Piece Golem" Deck is mainly based around swarming and beat-down so it's important to use beat-down support cards that take advantage of swarming such as "United We Stand". Your main strategy with this deck is to put as many rock monsters (Preferably Piece Golems) into your grave and either use them with "Gaia Plate the Earth Giant" or cards such as "Call of the Haunted" and "Monster Reborn" to get their swarm effects quickly. Despite the fact that this deck swarms, it does not special summon very much, so cards such as "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" will make a perfect addition since it is also a Rock-type and will be able to negate your opponent's special summons and even the game out.
Beware of cards such as "Thunder King Rai-Oh" and "Doomcaliber Knight". Both of these cards are often seen in a variety of decks and can prevent you from making your best moves. An easy way to prevent these cards from ruining the duel for you would be to include such as "Gaia Power" or "United We Stand" along with staples such as "Dark Hole". Even your "Big Piece Golem" can destroy these cards, making your deck's combos available to you.
Recommended Cards Edit
- Big Piece Golem
- Medium Piece Golem
- Small Piece Golem
- Rockstone Warrior
- Morphing Jar (To help put any of the Golems in the grave so that you can special summon them later for their swarm effects.)
- Mormolith (Great EARTH support, but is optional because it can prove dangerous to yourself if you have the Golems on the field as well.)
- Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo (A useful card to put pressure on your opponent.)
- Gaia Plate the Earth Giant (A beater that can run over almost anything, works well with your golems, and can be a real pain to deal with.)
- Monster Reborn
- Gaia Power
- Card Destruction (Helps the same way as Morphing Jar does, puts the Golems in the graveyard and makes decent draw power.)
- Hand Destruction
- Dark World Dealings
- Future Fusion (Mainly serves as a better Foolish Burial since it will put 2 of the Golems in the graveyard, but Multiple Piece Golem is a decent beat stick as well.)
- Pot of Avarice
- Solidarity (Only if you are using a deck that uses only Rock-type monsters)
- United We Stand
- Call of the Haunted
- Release from Stone/Return from the Different Dimension (Optional: Mainly if you are using Gaia Plate the Earth Giant a lot and will remove many Rock-type monsters for it's maintenance cost.)
- Rock Bombardment (Sends your rocks to the grave and can deal some small burn damage.)
- Dark Scheme (For the same reasons as Card Destruction, Hand Destruction, Dark World Dealings, and Morphing Jar.)
- (It is not recommended to use any Synchros since Rock-Type Tuners do not exist as of yet, however if you plan on using a deck that does not rely on Solidarity for your beat-down strategy, then you can take advantage of the "Golems'" ability to swarm for quick Synchros.)