It lets the person obtain a "Number" card from a defeated opponent, similar to the way in which Astral does it, but through bitter means: stealing the opponent's soul. When someone uses Photon Hand, an illuminated hand and arm forms, stretching out and entering the fallen foe. The hand takes away the victim's soul, ages them considerably and leaves them catatonic. Then the user can extract the "Numbers" attached to that soul. Kite was told by Mr. Heartland that all "Number" holders are evil, so stealing their souls does not matter (In the dub, he claims that it just makes them grow old sooner). Photon Hand doesn't work against someone with a crest.
Kite claimed that he doesn't know what happens to the souls he takes. Fortuno claimed that the "Numbers" consume their owner's hearts and drain their souls which would explain why Photon Hand must take the victim's soul. However, this ability can be used even if the target has no "Numbers". In that case, it will just take their soul. Despite saying that he does not know where the souls go, Kite can return the souls of the ones unconnected to the "Numbers", since those souls haven't been infected by them and are, therefore, unbreakable.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 13: "The Number Hunter, Part 1"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 44: "Rock and a Hard Place"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 17: "It's in the Cards, Part 1"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 14: "The Number Hunter, Part 2"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Rank SP1: "The Fated Encounter!"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 22: "The Shark Hunter"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 24: "Hunting Down the Hunter, Part 2"