A Pendulum Summon (Japanese ペンデュラム
Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if the turn player has a Pendulum Monster in each of their two Pendulum Zones, the turn player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from their hand and/or any number of Pendulum Monsters that are face-up in their Extra Deck with a Level between the blue Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the left Pendulum Zone and the red Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the right Pendulum Zone, exclusively.
Because only monsters with Levels between the Pendulum Scales of the Pendulum Monsters can be Pendulum Summoned, no monsters can be Pendulum Summoned if the Pendulum Scales of the two Pendulum Monsters are equal or are 1 apart (however, this does not prevent the usage of the Pendulum Monsters' Pendulum Effects).
A Pendulum Summon is a type of built-in Special Summon, so it can be negated—cards like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh" that can negate Special Summons can be activated during the Summon negation window; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, cards like "Thunder King Rai-Oh" that specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned cannot be activated. After a Pendulum Summon is successfully performed, cards such as "Bottomless Trap Hole" can be activated during the Summon response window.
- ↑ YGOrganization Yugioh Arc-V News
- ↑ "4K Media debuts Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V at Kidscreen Summit". http://www.ltwmag.com/news/latest_news/4k_media_debuts_yugioh_arcv_at_kidscreen_summit.aspx.
- ↑ Lombardi, Nancy (February 13, 2014). "Jeffrey Katzenberg to Give Licensing Show Keynote". http://www.anbmedia.com/anb-media-news/2014/02/anb-media-news-february-13-2014/.
- ↑ http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/36431842.html
- yugioh-card.com/japan Master Rule 3: Overview (Japanese)
- yugioh-card.com/hk Master Rule 3: Overview (Asian English)
- yugioh-card.com/hk Master Rule 3: Overview (Chinese)
-  Learn How to Pendulum Summon' (English)