A Pendulum Summon (Japanese ペンデュラム
Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if the turn player has a Pendulum Monster in each of their two Pendulum Zones, the player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from the hand and/or any number of Pendulum Monsters that are face-up in the Extra Deck with a Level between the blue Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the left Pendulum Zone and the red Pendulum Scale of the Pendulum Monster in the right Pendulum Zone.
The monsters which are eligible to be Pendulum Summoned from your Extra Deck are face-up Pendulum Monsters which ended up in your Extra Deck face-up by being played earlier in the Duel as Monsters in the Monster Card Zones or as Spells in the Pendulum Zones. Pendulum Monsters/Spells are sent to the Extra Deck face-up rather than the Graveyard when something occurs which would send them from the field to the Graveyard if they were regular cards. The cards normally found in the Extra Deck -- Fusion Monsters, Synchro Monsters, and Xyz Monsters -- are not eligible for Pendulum Summoning.
Note that because you can only Pendulum Summon monsters with Levels between the Pendulum Scales of the Pendulum Monsters, you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon if the Pendulum Scales of the two Pendulum Monsters are equal or are 1 apart (this does not prevent you from using the monsters' Pendulum Effects).
Blue: 1 Red: 8 Pendulum Summon Levels 2,3,4,5,6,7
Blue: 7 Red: 2 Pendulum Summon Levels 3,4,5,6
Blue: 4 Red: 5 No Pendulum Summon allowed
A Pendulum Summon can be negated by cards that negate Special Summons like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh"; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, then cards like "Thunder King Rai-Oh" or "Black Horn of Heaven" that specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned cannot be activated.
- ↑ YGOrganization Yugioh Arc-V News
- ↑ "4K Media debuts Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V at Kidscreen Summit". http://www.ltwmag.com/news/latest_news/4k_media_debuts_yugioh_arcv_at_kidscreen_summit.aspx.
- ↑ Lombardi, Nancy (February 13, 2014). "Jeffrey Katzenberg to Give Licensing Show Keynote". http://www.anbmedia.com/anb-media-news/2014/02/anb-media-news-february-13-2014/.
- ↑ http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/36431842.html
- yugioh-card.com/japan Master Rule 3: Overview (Japanese)
- yugioh-card.com/hk Master Rule 3: Overview (Asian English)
- yugioh-card.com/hk Master Rule 3: Overview (Chinese)
-  Learn How to Pendulum Summon' (English)