Gameplay remains the same as the classic game, while elements are renamed to suit the Yu-Gi-Oh! theme.
- DP is used as the currency.
- Millennium Items are used as tokens.
- "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards are called "It's Time to Duel" and "It's Your Move" cards.
- "Houses" and "hotels" are called "Game Shops" and "Duel Arenas".
- Cards and monsters are used as the property spaces.
- The Egyptian Gods are used as the railroad spaces.
|Free Parking|| Vorse Raider|
|It's Time to Duel|| XYZ-Dragon Cannon|
| Blue-Eyes White Dragon|
| The Winged Dragon of Ra|
| Magician of Black Chaos|
| Dark Magician Girl|
| Battle City Tournament|
| Dark Magician|
|Go To Jail|
| Thousand-Eyes Restrict|
| Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon|
|It's Your Move||It's Your Move|
| Toon Summoned Skull|
| Obelisk the Tormentor|
| Holactie the Creator of Light|
| B. Skull Dragon|
|It's Time to Duel|
| Red-Eyes B. Dragon|
| Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon|
| Duelist Kingdom Tournament|
| Marik Ishtar|
Pay 100 DP
| Summoned Skull|
| Exodia the Forbidden One|
|Jail|| Gaia the Fierce Knight|
| Celtic Guardian|
|It's Time to Duel|| Mystical Elf|
| Slifer the Sky Dragon|
| Maximillion Pegasus|
Pay 200 DP
| Time Wizard|
|It's Your Move|| Kuriboh|
- The American version has all seven Millennium Items. The European version lacks the Millennium Puzzle.
- The Millennium Items are colored gold in the European version and gray in the American.
- The Millennium Eye is attached to a flat stand in the European version to stop it rolling. In the American version, the bottom of the eye is flat.
- The American board has two outlines to indicate where "It's Time to Duel" and "It's Your Move" cards are placed.
- The Game Shop and Duel Arena pieces in the European version resemble the houses and hotels from the classic game. The American version has remodeled them to resemble Kame Game and Duel Arenas, from the anime.
- The "Duelist Kingdom Tournament" space is called "Duelist Kingdom" in the European version and "Duelist Kingdom Tournament" in the American.
- The "B. Skull Dragon" space is called "Black Skull Dragon" in the European version and "B. Skull Dragon" in the American.