Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Main Phase 1
Main Phase 1
In Main Phase 1 (Japanese: メインフェイズ１ Meinfeizu Ichi), the turn player may:
- Normal Summon, Tribute Summon, or Set a monster.
- Special Summon a monster(s).
- Manually change the Battle Position or perform a Flip Summon on a Monster Card, provided it was not Set or Summoned this turn.
- Activate effects, such as those of "Barrel Dragon" or "Blowback Dragon".
- Activate or Set Spell and/or Trap Cards of any speed. Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards cannot be activated in the turn they are Set.
If a particular monster wasn't Summoned this turn, the turn player can flip it face-down using its effect (such as with "Guardian Sphinx" or "Swarm of Scarabs"), and then perform a manual Flip Summon on it, since the rules state that only one manual Battle Position change may be performed per turn; Battle Position changes by effects do not count towards this.
After Main Phase 1 has ended, the turn player may choose to enter the Battle Phase. If he/she chooses not to, the player automatically proceeds to the End Phase (he/she may NOT enter Main Phase 2). If a player chooses to proceed from Main Phase 1 to the End Phase without having performed any of the above actions, they are said to be passing their turn.