|The official name of this article's subject is not yet known. The name used here is unofficial, and may change as more information becomes available.|
Movers should not rename this page without discussion.
| Linked State
|Japanese (base text)||
A Mutual Link (
A player can perform an Extra Link, so long as the following conditions are met:
- The player controls a Link Monster in an Extra Monster Zone while the other Extra Monster Zone is unoccupied.
- The three middle Main Monster Zones on one side of the field must be occupied by Link Monsters.
- Each of the Link Monsters involved in the Extra Link must be in a Mutual Link with the orthogonally adjacent Link Monsters that are also involved in the Extra Link.
- The Link Monster involved in the Extra Link occupying the Main Monster Zone in the same column as the unoccupied Extra Monster Zone must have a Link Marker pointing to that unoccupied Extra Monster Zone.
In that case, a Link Monster can be Summoned to the unoccupied Extra Monster Zone, as long as it maintains the Extra Link by meeting the following conditions:
- The Summoned Link Monster will be in a Mutual Link with the monster involved in the Extra Link that is in the same column as it.
- Performing the Summon of that Link Monster does not disturb the Extra Link (e.g. by using the monsters involved in the Extra Link as Link Materials).
The final result is a U-shaped chain of five Link Monsters, in which all five of the Link Monsters involved are in a Mutual Link with the orthogonally adjacent Link Monsters that are in that U-shape.