The archetype consists of LIGHT and DARK Psychic "pilot" monsters and Machine "spaceship" monsters who banish themselves to Special Summon other "Kozmo" monsters. The pilot monsters have a Quick Effect to banish themselves from the field to Special Summon any "Kozmo" monster from the hand with a higher Level, while the spaceship monsters have a Trigger Effect to banish themselves from the Graveyard when destroyed to Special Summon or add to the hand (depending on the card) any "Kozmo" monster from the Deck with a lower Level.
The archetype also includes several effects that manipulate the player's LP, with some cards requiring the player to lose/pay LP, and some restoring them, similar to the initial Psychic monsters.
The "Kozmo" cards seem to be based on properties from The Wizard of Oz and Star Wars. The pilot monsters are based on characters, the spaceship monsters on objects and vehicles, and the Field Spell Card on a location. The Psychic of the pilot monsters is likely a reference to the Force-sensitive characters from Star Wars.
|Level||Class||Kozmo card||Wizard of Oz||Star Wars|
|2||Pilot||Scaredy Lion||Cowardly Lion||Chewbacca|
|3||Pilot||Farmgirl||Dorothy Gale||Anakin Skywalker / Luke Skywalker|
|4||Pilot||Goodwitch||Good Witch of the North||Qui-Gon Jinn / Obi-Wan Kenobi / Yoda|
|4||Pilot||Wickedwitch||Wicked Witch of the East||Darth Maul|
|5||Pilot||Dark Lady||Wicked Witch of the West||Darth Vader|
|5||Spaceship||Delta Shuttle||Wild Crow||V-19 Torrent / Imperial Shuttle|
|5||Spaceship||Sliprider||Ruby slippers||ARC-170 Starfighter / X-wing starfighter|
|6||Spaceship||DOG Fighter||Wolf||TIE fighter / Vulture droid|
|6||Spaceship||Landwalker||Giant spider||All Terrain Armored Transport / Homing Spider Droid|
|7||Spaceship||Forerunner||Silver Shoes||Millennium Falcon|
|8||Spaceship||Dark Destroyer||Flying Broomstick||Scimitar Sith Infiltrator|
|9||Spaceship||Dark Eclipser||Black Bee||Star Destroyer|
|10||Spaceship||Dark Planet||Wicked Witch's castle||Death Star|
|Kozmo card||Wizard of Oz||Star Wars|
|Kozmojo||Magic||The Force / Force Choke|
|Kozmourning||The death of the Wicked Witch of the West||The death of Darth Vader|
The "Kozmo" strategy generally focuses on dealing large amounts of damage as fast as possible through winning battles rather than more complicated card combos. The "Kozmo" monsters themselves have few removal effects, so instead must focus on their attacks. Fortunately, their Summoning Quick Effects can make up for this lack of removal, and they can work well with both "Honest" and "Juragedo" to ensure damage.
- "Imperial Iron Wall" is a solid choice to use against this archetype, as it relies primarily on banishing monsters to Summon more "Kozmo" monsters from the hand or Deck. However, ignoring the presence of generic cards such as "Mystical Space Typhoon" and "Galaxy Cyclone" that may be teched, this card can still be destroyed if the "Kozmo" player manages to Summon a "Kozmo Sliprider".
- "Vanity's Emptiness" will greatly slow down the deck for a short moment.
- "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" or "Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror" can effectively shut down their corresponding portion of the deck.
- "Deck Lockdown" can serve to prevent "Kozmo Farmgirl" and "Kozmo Tincan" from using their search effects, as well as prevent the "Kozmo" Machine monsters from using their Graveyard effects to replace themselves. However, it is still vulnerable to "Kozmo Sliprider", and cannot prevent the draw effect of "Kozmotown".
- "Grave of the Super Ancient Organism" can drastically slow this Deck. However, it is still vulnerable to the effect of the Level 5 "Kozmo Sliprider".
- "Prohibition" declaring "Kozmo Sliprider" can remove the "Kozmo" Deck's main way out for the above cards.
- Monster cards that can prevent "Kozmo" monsters from activating their effects during the Battle Phase or Damage Step (such as "Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon" and "Number S39: Utopia the Lightning," respectively) can cripple this deck's ability to keep monsters on the field.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Strategy Site: Frontier in Space
- ↑ McHale, Jerome (July 20, 2015). "Frontier in Space". Konami. https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7313. Retrieved April 22, 2016. "The Kozmo monsters are split up into two groups: the Psychic “pilot” monsters and the Machine “spaceship” monsters. Pilots can be banished to Summon any Kozmo monster from your hand with a higher Level than the pilot as a Quick Effect, and spaceships can be banished when they’re destroyed to Summon any Kozmo monster from your Deck with a lower Level."