"Jurrac" (ジュラック Jurakku) is an archetype of FIRE Dinosaur-Type monsters released as Duel Terminal Promos in Duel Terminal - Demon Roar God Revival!! and Hidden Arsenal 2. "Jurrac" is the only pure-Dinosaur archetype in the game. Visually, most "Jurrac" monsters are brightly colored, usually with bright red and yellow extremities and blue bodies, resembling the various colors of flame. The name is probably derived from the word, "Jurassic".
"Jurrac" effects tend to deal with destroying monsters by battle and gaining ATK by tributing other Dinosaurs. "Jurrac Giganoto", one of the three "Jurrac" Synchro Monsters, has the ability to grant additional ATK points to "Jurrac" monsters on the field for each "Jurrac" in the player's Graveyard.
Play style Edit
A "Jurrac" Deck focuses on destroying monsters by battle to trigger advantage-building effects. With the combination of "Jurrac Velo", "Jurrac Guaiba", and "Fossil Dig", they have lots of search power.
- Jurrac Guaiba: Level 4 1700 attacker. If it destroys a monster by battle, you can Special Summon a "Jurrac" with 1700 or less ATK from your Deck (it can't attack this turn). Good for generating advantage and making Synchros or Xyzs.
- Jurrac Velo: Level 4 1700 attacker. If it's in Attack Position and is destroyed by battle, Special Summon a "Jurrac" with 1700 or less ATK from your Deck. Good for toolboxing "Jurrac Aeolo" or "Jurrac Guaiba".
- Jurrac Dino: Level 3 1700 attacker and Tuner monster. If it destroys a monster by battle, you can Tribute a "Jurrac" during the End Phase to draw 2 cards. Good for gaining advantage and for Synchro Summons.
- Jurrac Aeolo: Level 1 Tuner. Tribute it to Special Summon a Level 4 or lower "Jurrac" from your Graveyard. Excellent with "Rekindling".
- Jurrac Giganoto: A Level 7 Synchro Monster, he is easily Summoned by using "Jurrac Guaiba" to Special Summon "Jurrac Monoloph"/"Dino". "Giganoto" raises the ATK of all of your Jurracs by 200 for each Jurrac in your Graveyard, and summoning the Synchro usually means that your monsters will have a minimum boost of 400. Using "Guaiba", you can easily get 2 of them out, giving a combined 1600 boost. This is great for ending games quickly.
- Jurrac Meteor: A Level 10 Synchro Monster. Requires a "Jurrac" Tuner as well as 2 or more Dinosaur non-Tuners. This may seem difficult, but is eased by "Jurrac Guaiba": destroy a monster, get "Jurrac Gallim" (Level 2 Tuner), and Normal Summon a Level 4 monster. When you summon Meteor, his effect is similar to "Black Rose Dragon"; all cards on the field are destroyed. Unlike Black Rose Dragon, the effect is mandatory; however, he also Special Summons a Tuner from your Graveyard. The best choice would be "Jurrac Dino" with 1700 ATK, or "Jurrac Aeolo" which can Tribute itself to revive any Level 4 or lower "Jurrac".
- Jurrac Titano: A two-Tribute monster with 3000 ATK. Its effect easily boosts it to 4000 ATK, and it avoids targeting by Traps and Monster Effects, blocking things like "Magic Cylinder" and "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier". It can't be Special Summoned, but it is easily Tribute Summoned using "Big Evolution Pill" or with the Tokens generated by "Jurrac Stauriko".
- Jurrac Spinos: A two-Tribute "Jurrac" like "Titano", but with a very different effect. When "Spinos" destroys your opponent's monster by battle, it Special Summons a small Attack-Position Token to your opponent's field. This allows an easy kill for your weaker "Jurrac" monsters, activating their effects and cracking at your opponent's Life Points, and also stops "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" and "Battle Fader" from being used.
- Strong search and draw power: "Fossil Dig", "Jurrac Guaiba", and "Jurrac Velo" can recruit any of the low-Level monsters. One could even use "Miracle Jurassic Egg" and "Babycerasaurus" in a Deck abusing "Limit Reverse" with "Jurrac Aeolo", as well as "Super-Ancient Dinobeast". The effect of "Jurrac Dino" is a +1 and is easily triggered.
- High ATK: "Jurracs" whose effects trigger in battle have plenty of opportunity to do so. The low-Level Jurracs generally have 1700 ATK, which is decent, but they have no equivalent to "Honest" or "Kalut" (i.e. surprise ATK-boosters). Instead, a Jurrac player should use "Jurrac Giganoto", and "Shrink" or "Half Counter". "Solidarity" is also a fairly good choice, boosting a 1700 ATK monster to the point where it can take down a Monarch in battle. "Burden of the Mighty" can be used, as can single-use tricks like "Forbidden Lance". ATK-boosting is fairly essential to a "Jurrac" Deck.
- Synchro/Xyz capability: Again, "Jurrac Guaiba" is a star here. With the ability to quickly recruit Level 1, 2, or 3 Tuners, the Deck easily produces Level 5, 6, or 7 Synchro Monsters. In addition, you can use any 2 Level 4 "Jurracs" for the Xyz Summon of "Evolzar Laggia", who negates Spells, Traps, and Summons or "Evolzar Dolkka", who negates Monster Effects. Furthermore, "Jurrac Aeolo" can be used with "Rekindling" to gain advantage and modulate Levels for any situation. While the Deck has trouble reaching Level 8 on its own, you can add "Flamvell Firedog" and "Flamvell Magician" for use with "Rekindling".
- Tough monsters: Like "Gladiator Beast" Decks, a "Jurrac" Deck that cannot defeat the opponent's monsters is crippled. If the opponent prevents you from Special Summoning, you will have to depend on Normal and Tribute Summons. If the opponent prevents you from battling (for example, with "Ally of Justice Catastor") or eliminates the cards used to boost ATK, few of the monsters will do anything for you. For this reason, it's a good idea to run "Dimensional Prison" and similar cheap removal.
- Graveyard recursion: Besides "Jurrac Aeolo" and the difficult "Jurrac Meteor", Jurracs do not have many ways to Special Summon monsters from the Graveyard. "Jurrac Herra" can revive itself, but its effect should not trigger often in normal play. However, "Kinka-byo" and "Rekindling" can be used to recycle "Jurrac Aeolo" in a Deck centered on it, allowing for big plays from the Graveyard.
- Backrow dependence: Due to high draw power combined with a lack of Continuous or Quick Effects, "Jurracs" rely on Spell and Trap support to convert their physical strength into advantage. They can't do much against mass removal and OTKs. For this reason, "Effect Veiler" and "Starlight Road" are sometimes teched for use against Decks with explosive finishers (Plants, Lightsworns, etc.).
Common support cardsEdit
- Fossil Dig: Searches every monster in the "Jurrac" archetype except "Spinos", "Tyrannus", and "Titano", as well as some outside it.
- Evolzar Laggia: You can Xyz Summon this card just by destroying a monster with "Jurrac Guaiba" and Summoning a Level 4 "Jurrac" like "Jurrac Velo". This card gives "Jurracs" more control options, making them more of an aggro control type of Deck.
- Evolzar Dolkka: Has the same Materials as "Laggia", but negates Monster Effects. This card rounds out the protection provided by "Laggia" and is an easy answer to "Ally of Justice Catastor".
- Hydrogeddon: Easy swarming. Works well with Dinosaur ATK-boosters. The newly Summoned "Hydrogeddon" can attack too, so in some cases it's better than "Guaiba". Searchable via "Fossil Dig".
- Super-Ancient Dinobeast: If you choose to Summon many monsters from the Graveyard, such as with "Jurrac Herra" and "Jurrac Aeolo", you can get some free cards out of it. Fairly easy to Summon with 1 Tribute. Use with "Limit Reverse" or "Rekindling" for massive gain.
- Miracle Jurassic Egg: Has good DEF and can easily search "Jurrac Aeolo", allowing you to Special Summon a "Jurrac" from the Graveyard. Works nicely alongside "Super-Ancient Dinobeast".
- Hyper Hammerhead: A good tech card for Dinosaurs. Unlike "Jurrac Ptera", it works when attacking or when attacked. Searchable via "Fossil Dig".
- Kinka-byo: This card can be useful for reviving "Jurrac Aeolo" and using its effect. When used in conjunction with "Super-Ancient Dinobeast", you can get a +3 each turn, since "Kinka-byo" is a Spirit and returns to the hand during the End Phase.
- Creature Swap: This card works great when combined with "Jurrac Velo" allowing you to take an opponent's threatening monster and use it to destroy "Velo", awarding you another monster to attack with from the Deck. A good target here is "Jurrac Guaiba".
- Destroyersaurus: If you choose to run "Jurassic World", this card is pretty useful. It is a fairly powerful Dinosaur itself, and can be searched with "Fossil Dig" to make searching "Jurassic World" even easier.
- Effect Veiler: Stalls your opponent's monsters and leaves cards like "Debris Dragon" defenseless. Useful if drawn with "Jurrac Dino".
- Big Evolution Pill: Tribute 1 Dinosaur, and you can Normal Summon any Dinosaur without Tribute. But it only remains face-up on the field for 3 of your opponent's turns, which means you won't usually get more than 2 Summons. However, when combined with "Ultimate Offering", you can Summon many times during your Main Phase or the opponent's Battle Phase. Ensure an easy OTK by Summoning two Level 4 "Jurracs" and Xyz Summoning "Evolzar Laggia"/"Dolkka" before you drop your big Dinos.
- Instant Fusion: This card can be used to bring out "Pragtical" to use with a "Jurrac" Tuner for the Synchro Summon of a Level 6, 7 or 8 Synchro Monster, including the "Jurrac" Synchros. Since "Pragtical" is a Dinosaur you can also use him with "Big Evolution Pill".
- One for One: It allows an easy search of "Jurrac Aeolo", and quick revival of any Level 4 or lower "Jurrac" in the Graveyard, including the one you discarded.
- Royal Decree: Since this is an attack-based Deck a card such as "Royal Decree" could make threats from all Trap Cards vanish. Useful in "Jurrac" Beatdown as well as a Deck centered around "Rekindling".
- Jurassic World/Molten Destruction/Solidarity/Burden of the Mighty: Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. "Jurassic World" confers a small boost, but is eminently searchable and supported by "Destroyersaurus". "Molten Destruction" yields a larger boost and is useful in a "Jurrac"-"Flamvell" build, but may help your opponent and doesn't work on all Dinosaurs. "Solidarity" gives the largest boost, but it cannot be searched, requires the use of only Dinosaurs in the main Deck, and can easily be messed up if a non-Dinosaur Synchro Monster is destroyed. "Burden of the Mighty" lowers the ATK of the opponent's monsters, and it works with any and all monsters you choose to run, but the drop is small and doesn't help against Xyz Monsters.
- Forbidden Lance: This card is basically a multipurpose pseudo-"Shrink". It reduces any monster's ATK by 800 but it also protects it from Spells and Traps. Used on your monsters, it deflects cheap removal cards like "Dark Hole" and "Dimensional Prison". Used on your opponent's monsters, it creates surprise openings as well as stifling the effects of Equip Cards. Note that if you use it in the Damage Step, your opponent cannot respond with "Compulsory Evacuation Device", "Enemy Controller", etc.
- Forbidden Chalice: Protects your "Jurracs" from monsters like "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter" and "Snowman Eater", and allows "Jurrac Velo" to trade blows with monsters with 2100 ATK (its effect will still activate since it resolves in the Graveyard). Since "Evolzar Laggia" does not stop Monster Effects, this card is useful for maintaining early control of the field.
- United We Stand/Mage Power: These give some powerful advantages when used, but are even better when combined with "Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce". With two attacks, "Jurrac Guaiba" can destroy and search twice.
- Shrink/Half Counter: Surprise your opponent when they attack your monster, allowing yours to remain while theirs does not. Also, if the monster that was attacked was "Jurrac Guaiba" or "Jurrac Dino", you will get its effect. This card is vital against monsters with high ATK and controlling effects, such as "Shooting Star Dragon" and "Archlord Kristya".
- Survival Instinct/Tyranno Infinity: You can use this combo to easily gain Life Points back and make a massively high ATK monster.
- Big Bang Shot: Can be used to give one of your high ATK monsters piercing and works well with Tyranno Infinity.
- Tail Swipe: Even if you can't bring out the two-Tribute "Jurracs", you can Summon "Jurrac Herra" fairly easily with its own effect. Then, you can return annoying monsters your opponent controls from the field. Effective against low-Level Extra Monsters like "Ally of Justice Catastor" and "Gladiator Beast Essedarii".
- Defenders Intersect: Forces monsters from Defense Position to Attack Position, negating their effects and forcing them to attack. This defuses popular cards such as "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter" or "Gravekeeper's Spy" that can be troublesome, and since they have low ATK it's a good chance to deal a blow to your opponent.
- "Gozen Match": Since all "Jurracs" and "Evolzar" Xyz Monsters are FIRE, this card doesn't hinder them. So you can side it against Decks that have monsters with different Attributes.
- Rivalry of Warlords: If you're only going to be using Dinosaurs, this card works well to mess with your opponent's strategies. It's a good Side Deck card against Decks like Quickdraw Plants.
- Debunk: Counters "Sangan", "Reborn Tengu", and "T.G." monsters, among others. Disarms cards like "Honest" and "Necro Gardna" that would interrupt your attacks. Also stops "Effect Veiler", which can be chained to the effect of "Evolzar Laggia" to negate it.
- Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai: All "Jurrac" monsters are FIRE Attribute, making this card a good finisher if your opponent still has Life Points remaining after a big attack.
- Pyrorex the Elemental Lord: A FIRE Attribute Dinosaur-type that's right at home with the Jurrac; it's painfully easy to get five Jurrac monsters into the Grave to meet this monster's Special Summoning requirement, and when it hits the field it can clear your opponent's field of a troublesome monster to either allow your Jurracs to attack directly, or end the match if your opponent's monster had particularly high ATK.
- Jurrac Impact: A good card if you playing Giganoto , Meteor , Pyrorex or another bigger dinos. His destruction power it's great.
- Kickfire: A great finisher, if used successfully after Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai. Potentially a 1 move KO.