"Heraldic Beast Berners Falcon" and "Heraldic Beast Aberconway"
"Heraldic Beast" (
The archetype is focused around swarm and banish tactics, primarily through cards such as "Heraldic Beast Eale" and "Heraldic Beast Unicorn". They also have a number of cards to maintain a hand advantage such as "Heraldic Beast Leo" and "Heraldic Beast Aberconway". They also feature support for Psychic-Type Xyz Monsters.
The Deck relies on putting "Heraldic Beast" monsters in the Graveyard, either to activate their effect (in the case of "Heraldic Beast Leo") or to use their effects later (in the cases of "Heraldic Beast Unicorn" and "Heraldic Beast Twin-Headed Eagle"). Due to the entire series being made up of Level 4 monsters, they heavily rely on Xyz Summoning Rank 4 Monster Cards, and this is supported through "Advanced Heraldry Art" and "Heraldry Reborn".
Of particular note is the importance of "Heraldic Beast Leo". Due to its ability to search other "Heraldic Beast" monsters out, it is key to summon it quickly with cards like "Summoner Monk" and "Goblindbergh" or swarming the field with cards like "Photon Thrasher" and "Kagetokage".
Although this Deck relies heavily on the Graveyard, using "Lightsworn" cards is usually not recommended, due to the fact that its indiscriminate milling can backfire if "Advanced Heraldry Art" and "Heraldry Reborn" are milled. "Lavalval Chain" and "Dust Knight" are usually sufficient.
Recommended support cards
- Burial from a Different Dimension: Recycles banished "Heraldic Beast" monsters.
- Dust Knight: Sends "Heraldic Beast Leo" directly from your Deck to the Graveyard, triggering its search effect.
- Photon Thrasher: Useful as opening move, assists Xyz Summons.
- The Big Cattle Drive: The majority of "Heraldic Beasts" are either Beast or Winged Beast-Type, so using this card could help you draw at least two extra cards.
- Chain Dog: Useful for Beast-oriented builds and Xyz Summoning monsters with 3 materials or more, such as "Number 16: Shock Master".
- Lavalval Chain: Useful for sending monsters to the Graveyard and then re-Summoning them with the effects of monsters and cards
Since this Deck relies on accumulating materials in your Graveyard, "The End of Anubis", "Macro Cosmos" and "Dimensional Fissure" can force this Deck to a screeching halt. "Thunder King Rai-Oh" and "Prohibition" can also be dangerous, since both of them can stop the effects of "Heraldic Beast Leo".
Individually, all the "Heraldic Beasts" except "Leo" and "Aberconway" have below-average ATK, and they cannot survive for long if they cannot be used for an Xyz Summon at all. Anti-Special Summon cards (such as "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo" and "Vanity's Fiend") and anti-Spell Cards (such as "Naturia Beast", and "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8") can deadlock this Deck effectively.
Mirror matches between "Heraldic Beasts" can also be quite hazardous, since this Deck's reliance on Xyz Summoning can conflict with this Deck's own ace monster, "Number 8: Heraldic King Genom-Heritage" (which can be disastrous for any Xyz Monsters). Also, due to this Deck's focus on anti-Xyz tactics, it may have trouble against Synchro-Summoning-oriented Decks, because cards such as "Genom-Heritage" and "Heraldry Crest" are fairly useless against them, with their relatively low ATK and exclusively anti-Xyz effects.