The hand size limit (手札制限枚数 Tefuda Seigen Maisū, literally hand limit number) refers to the number of cards a player may keep in their hand at the end of their turn. If, during the end of player's End Phase, they have more than that number, they must choose cards to discard until they drop down to that number.
- "Hieroglyph Lithograph": This card requires a cost of 1000 Life Points to activate, and raises the user's hand size limit to seven for the rest of the Duel.
- "Enervating Mist": As long as this card stays on the field, the opponent's hand size limit is lowered to five.
- "Infinite Cards": This card removes the limit on both players' hand sizes, as long as it remains on the field.
- "Silent Wobby": This lowers its own controller's hand size limit to three, as long as it remains on the field. Its other effect is designed to help give control of it to the opponent.
- "Finite Cards": This lowers both players' hand limits to three while it remains on the field.