|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal: Why?|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2147 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Not trying to stir up controversy over this, but I'm honestly curious; why did Kazuki Takahashi decide to make this series? I know he swore GX was going to be the last Yugioh series, before he was talked into doing 5D's by his friends, but I also recall him saying that he only did 5D's if he was assured IT would be the last Yugioh series. So, is there any word on what made him change his mind, this time? Also, has there been any definitive word on why Takahashi-sama wants to stop doing Yugioh? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:26, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I think that Kazuki Takahashi wanted to make a series that was closer to GX and the original show, and that he just became re-interested in doing so. Why else would he make it? Jon Kovacs (talk • contribs) 00:47, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
your obviously missing another reason...
MONEY why else would he make yugioh in the first place? its all about the cash if he thinks he can make a billion more from zexal then of course hed make it Raiga (talk • contribs) 02:03, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think so; why else would he keep on insisting that his last series would be THE last one? The only reason why he made 5D's was because he was convinced to do so by his friends in the media business; otherwise, GX would've been the last Yugioh series. Not everyone is willing to whore themselves out for a bigger paycheck. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:16, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
if you say its last ever one you get more viewers = more cash = lol
- Again, he said this with GX, and we know for a fact it would've been the last, had it not been for his friends in the anime biz convincing him to come back for 5D's, so it's obvious that he DOES want the series to end. The question is, why is he coming back for Zexal? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:51, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
first off its a marketing scheme to say that his series is "the last one" and second not just anime hes still workin on the mangas for GX 5Ds and zexal hes doin it for the money like any self respecting mangaka would do why the hell would he make another anime series if he didnt get any reward from it? the reward is money hard earned money kaz is a genius Raiga (talk • contribs) 02:54, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, because all magnaka are only in it for the money, right? That's why Takahashi-sama refused to edit his Dark Magician Girl card image for the 10th anniversary pack at the request of Konami so it could be sold in America, because surely depriving the western world of that card and losing work with your employers is a surefire way of earning more cash, right? And again, it's been long established that 5D's wouldn't have existed had his friends in the industry not convinced him to not end with GX. Hell, this is the guy who never intended the card game to take over the anime, so how in the hell can you say that he's only doing it for the money?126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:34, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
MAYBE he never really wanted to end Yu-Gi-Oh!. If he did he wouldn't have listened to those guys in the anime biz and continued the series. If he was just merely convinced he couldn't have continued the series because he never intended to, but he made zexal anyways, maybe his passion fired up when he started 5D's, or he was blackmailed into continuing? Nah..he couldn't have been blackmailed, right? I believe that he made zexal simply because of his passion, not because of cash. --LynxDR (talk • contribs) 13:51, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- They weren't just anyone in the anime biz that convinced him to continue, they were close friends of his, and even then, he only agreed if 5D's was the last series he did. Honestly, I don't think someone who felt that strongly about ending the series would have given in to "passion". Honestly, it's starting to sound like the incident with Mega Man X; the creators wanted it to end, at a certain point, but Konami insists on milking the cash cow. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:32, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
No matter what way you look at it a lot of the cards in the packs are absed off the cards in the show,simply put if the yu-gi-oh anime dies the cardgame will fall behind shortly after(this incident happened with duel masters and it is noted the people who mdae duel masters are helping with this series)plus everyone can agree yugioh gx was fine and new and felt fresh,they also took the cardgame into consideratio because this time one of the main rivals uses a fish deck fish have never been an archetype or much less playable style so their are hidden motives a foot here.but hey i say give them a chance.Raventheblack (talk • contribs) 00:08, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
I don't really mind a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series, as long as it has a decent manga, since I don't really care for the anime. The manga and anime are certainly a very useful tool for selling the cards-they advertise them and make them seem much better than they actually are. However, Pokemon survives without a manga or anime. I'd buy more manga. It would probably introduce some new archetypes, as well as a new type of card-the way that 5Ds introduced Synchros, and GX, while not introducing fusions, made them a LOT more powerful, common, and well-supported. I still think that the original manga was the best, but it couldn't go on forever, sadly.BobaFett2 (talk) 03:46, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Pokemon has an anime, and around 7 seperate manga series... check Bulbapedia for more information-Resk (talk • contribs) 12:20, February 2, 2011 (UTC)
I would like a new yugioh if they used the first series characters. I know it messes up the timeline though.
wow he made exal for one reason....... when the first yugioh was made it was great then came GX wich was fine and then he said that hes done making Yugioh ....... but then his friends wanted him to do 5D's so he did 5D's ( 5D's really sucked i hated it) and now zexal wich is suposed to be kinda like the orginal yugioh ( wich is good) he did it for the fans...... yugioh is the beest anime , manga , cardgame , ect.. shonen jump has had if he gives up no more fanss.... no money..... and shonen jump will not do aas good..... shonen jump is yugioh... and naruto
no dude if yugioh end that not lose fans mony ans shoen jump dbz was awosme it end gt but did the show lose fans did the make lsoe mony no so way wood the yugioh siere have that happen no no he did not make zexal so to that he made kamoi is makeing him do he say he is not happy that he his to maek it 5d was awsome it did not suck it was awsome zexal sucks looks bad fans dont like it
Don't you see what's happening! The yu-gi-oh series is getting worse and worse, just like pokemon! 1st best 2nd okay 3rd bad, but wasn't that bad, and now its gonna be terrible. If zexal isn't good then if this isn't the last then yu-gi-oh is going down hill!
My "if" question.
What IF new Yugioh Anime and Manga wasn't created anymore and the only thing left was just the Yugioh card game? No more anime and manga, just the card game. Would the yugioh card game survive without it's anime and manga? Would us yugioh players still play the yugioh card game without the anime and manga? --184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:42, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
I would play the card game still if other people did...... and yes yugioh 5D's was pretty good but i think Zexal would be better because i didnt like the ' duel runners ' idea..... the point is kazuki takahashi draws most of the cards not Konami so if they still had new cards all the time i would play the card game/....
We cant answer the question WHY ZEXAL... but one thing for sure.... I do think Zexal will be good there is no duel runners, and other stuff!! it is like the originall Yu-Gi-Oh ( wich we all no was the best yugioh) and i think fans will like that... SO I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST FOR THIS CONVERSATION...
ZEXAL WILL DO GOOD
Just be happy Yu-Gi-Oh hasn't ended yet.. :)
haters shut up for now
To all the bloggers who like to get their frustration out of them. STOP DRINKING THE HATERADE. Did u ever think about a reason nobody ever thought about, Inspiration, Innovation. Sensei came up with a new level of looking at the game in a totally diffrent way if this is about money then all those who play yugi for power and arrogance quit now. The game is about fun and i bet all those people who thought synchro monsters would destroy the game when is was released are now eating a lot of crow. It made the game better and now with the introduction of exceed summoning and monsters. it can take the game to a whole new level. Just give it a chance b-4 hating on it. James nolly(inygmazen)
I think tha ZEXAL has the potential to be really good. And all this about having such a young main character, bulls***!!! Yuma's hairstyle, if it was a more red colour and not so pink, it would look AWESOME! D-Gazers and D-Pads, AWESOME! Even the new Exceed Monsters, AWESOME! So all you haters can f*** off!
I think tha ZEXAL has the potential to be really good. And all this about having such a young main character, bulls***!!! Yuma's hairstyle, if it was a more red colour and not so pink, it would look AWESOME! D-Gazers and D-Pads, AWESOME! Even the new Exceed Monsters, AWESOME! So all you haters can f*** off! --TF - Supreme in every way 19:07, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
It looks really bad just because of the fact that it's aimed toward children. Zexal will end up being 4KID'S. I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT 4KIDS EDITS OUT OF EACH YU-GI-OH, YUGIOH GX, AND YUGIOH 5DS EPISODE? I MEAN HONESTLY WHAT KID HASN'T SEEN A GUN BEFORE AND WHAT KID DOESN'T KNOW THAT PEOPLE DIE!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY THEY COVER UP THINGS LIKE THIS BY POINTING FINGERS AND SAYING OH THEY JUST GOT SENT TO NETHERWORLD OR SHADOW REALM OR EVEN WORSE THEY JUST DISAPPEARED AND THEN WHAT DO THE PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THEM SAY I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE I'LL FIND YOU HOW PATHETIC!!!!!! IF ANYONE THINKS ZEXAL WILL BE GOOD EXCEPT FOR LITTLE KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 6 THEY ARE TOTALLY WRONG BECAUSE IF IT EVER COMES OUT IN ENGLISH WHO KNOWS WHAT 4KIDS WILL DO TO IT SINCE IT'S ALREADY AIMED TOWARDS CHILDREN WHAT DO YOU KNOW OH THE MONSTER HAS BLASTERS ON IT LET'S EDIT THEM OH DEAR LOOK THAT MONSTER HAS A SWORD ON IT LET'S EDIT IT!!! IT LOOKS HORRIBLE AND ONLY FOR 6 YEAR OLDS. OH AND IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO JUST BE FUN TAKE AN EXAMPLE FROM JADEN SEASONS 1-2 EVEN THOUGH IT'S SAVING THE WORLD HE STILL HAS FUN.
HOWEVER THE MANGA LOOKS OK BUT NOT THE SHOW FOR ZEXAL BUT I WOULDN'T REALLY CARE FOR IT AS MUCH AS YUGIOH'S ORIGINAL MANGA OR 5DS MANGA OR GX'S MANGA.
AND WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT EXCEEDS WELL THEY'RE NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS SYNCHROS I MEAN WHO'S BETTER No. 17 Revise Dragon or Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, WHO'S GOOD AT KILLING YOUR OPPONENT WITH OTKS NOT No. 34 Electronic Computer-Beast Tera Byte who is then Mist Wurm AND Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier ALSO WHO'S BETTER No. 39 Aspiring Emperor Hope OR Stardust Dragon? MY POINT IS EXCEEDS WON'T CATCH ON UNLESS THEY HAVE A LOT OF SUPPORT BUT EVEN THEN I WOULD GO FOR A SYNCHRO NOT AN EXCEED.
That's cute. Now let me explain why your full of shit. Zexal just started. 5d's just finished. But if you compare exceeds to synchros when they first stared, you'll notice exceeds would rape synchros. Exceeds could go in every deck. Sychros couldn't, everyone had to make new decks for synchros. Synchroes sucked at first, Exceeds are doing 3x better than sychros did when they started.--Helix-king (talk • contribs) 23:44, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ever heard of Gravekeeper's? Add a few Exceed Monsters to a Gravekeeper's extra deck, and you will be hard pressed to find a way to make them lose. There are also Token abuse decks, Blackwings, different Machine decks, Crystal Beasts, and just about every other deck type, short of Malefics and Disaster Dragon/Hopeless Dragons. Need more examples? Jon Kovacs (talk • contribs) 00:32, May 5, 2011 (UTC)