|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → What is the Top 10 weakest decks for you???|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2232 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
--The reason I asked this question,is because almost everyone is debating on what is the most strongest deck.I also put my opinion on that.But what are the weakest deck(s) for you???Please answer this.But for me,these are the weakest deck(s).(To those who uses the mentioned deck,sorry if I offended you.I just want to hear other duelists opinion.)
- 1.Harpie Deck
--(Because of the Maximum of 3 Rule)
- 2.Vehicroid Deck
--(It uses Cyber Dragon as a support card,and has Fusion monster)
- 3.Neo-Spacian Deck
--(The monsters used here are weak in ATK points)
- 4.Cyber Dragon Deck
--(because of the limitation of Cyber Dragon)
- 5.Elemental Hero Deck
--(It uses A LOT of Fusion monster)
- 6.Alien Deck
--(Strong,but also depend on support cards)
- 7.Cloudian Deck
--(Need lots of defense,can't be in Defense position,also strong)
- 8.Exodia Deck
--(Because it's kinda slow)
- 9.Destiny Hero Deck
- 10.Crystal Beast Deck
--(They depend on lots of Spell and Trap Card,but for me,this is also strong)
--Sorry to those that will be offended.This only an opinion.
a deck is not weak when it has much fusion monsters or low attack monsters. good effects and spells or traps make them better, i now someone who has a crystal beast deck and is almost the best duelist i know. I have an elemental hero deck with neo-spacians and i won many times with fusions. If you like the cards and you are a good duelist your deck is strong. I think weak decks are decks with different archetypes together for exemple: cyber dragon,e-hero stratos and gladiator beasts in one deck.
an "every card starts with the letter M" deck. they just don't combo well *nods*
126.96.36.199 22:00, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- Every single Deck that my friend thinks of making.
- Example 1:A deck with every single card with "Chaos" in its name, even ones that have nothing to do with Chaos monsters.
- Example 2:An "Elemental Deck" which has every single ATK boosting elemental field spell, every single Elemental Reptile, every single elemental double-tributer, and at least one monster with 3000-ish ATK of EVERY element, PLUS the elemental ATK boosters.
- Example 3:A deck that has EVERY SINGLE type, like you know, an equal amount of Spellcasters, Winged-Beasts, Beasts, Warriors, Beast-Warriors, Plants, Fish, Insects, Psychics, etc. with ABSOLUTELY NO Spell or Trap cards.
- Example 4:A deck that ONLY includes cards that have Marauding Captain and Gagagigo in them.
- Example 5:A deck that only uses mega-old cards, such as Stone Dragon.
- Must I go on? Shoukatsuryou 22:29, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
my worst decks of all time
I've been playing for around 7 years and built hundreds of deck with various themes. But my worst setups are as follows
- 2.MOKEY MOKEY
- 3.Only monsters to level 3
- 4.Traps only
- 5. CLOUDIAN (i tried many variations but nothing is out there to support them unless u were in Japan)
- 6.MONK deck
- 7. ELEMENTAL Hiita the Fire Charmer,Aussa the Earth Charmer,Eria the Water Charmer,Wynn the Wind Charmer, and their variations (after spending 2 years making a suitable deck i could only get to 50 cards with good reason)
- 8. MAGICAL EXPLOSION deck(it only works maybe 25%of the time you play it)
- 9.DARK SCORPIONS (ever since Don Zaloog and the others came out i wanted to make a deck around them but the only cards that were good enough were DON and Cliff the Trap Remover every one else were pointless
- 10.only level 5 and up only
There were a couple of honorable mentions
- 1.spirit decks before crossroads of chaos
- 2.gate guardian before Mausoleum of the Emperor
Those are my own. Be here next time for the wierdest decks. Inygmazen
P.S. mr SHOKU_whatever. I have a water deck with the GAGGAGIGO's in them and i never changed the deck in 5 years and it still can beat high tier decks with the right draw
- 1:You mispelled Gagagigo.
- 2:I said a deck that only includes the cards that include Marauding Captain and Gagagigo, NOT a water deck.
- 3:Does your Water Deck have ONLY Gagagigo and Marauding Captain's cards? (Examples:Staunch Defender, Assault on GHQ, Two-Man Cell Battle, etc.)
- 4:How the hell can you have a Trap Cards deck?!
- 5:You didnt even get the first five letters of my YGO! Wikia username right.
Shoukatsuryou 03:18, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
teledad will soon be a really weak deck lol, also chaos is now really weak, same goes for every tier 1 hit by the bannlist. also heroes (except absolute zero...my respects for that deck) are falling down. I made an alien 1 that can beat Lightsworns, Black Feather and past list tele-dad...but i admit that before crimson crisis aliens were a joke. Killbolt 03:42, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
"How the hell can you have a Trap Cards deck?!" xD that made me laugh :) but one of my close friends made a completely spell/trap deck that completely killed everything in the local meta. it was insane. ..and pretty humiliating xD
~Specter (cow_pi) 16:45, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
A Spell/Trap card deck makes enough sense to me, but a Trap Cards only deck is stupid. Shoukatsuryou 22:38, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
top 10 weaks deck
1 lightsworn milling your own deck???? 2 cloudian(need absolutely a sanctuary in the sky to worth fighting)
3 destiny hero (not enought attack power)
4 archfiend(cost too much...)
5 arcana force(rely too much on luck)
6crystal beast(clog yur spell and trap cards zone)
7toon deck(too costly)
8dark world (not enought discard effect that make this powerful)
9ojama(need too muck key card
10 beast type deck(support are not enought)
- I agree with Archfiend and Arcana Force and Toons and Dark Worlds. I think Ojamas are ineffective simply because they lack offensive power. I think beasts have plenty of power if you combine it with a general beatdown strategy. I refuse to call Lightsworn decks weak, because I've seen too many good ones in action. as for Crystal Beasts, I think they can be deadly if a deck is designed properly. you can't gum up your spell/trap zones as long as you don't include any traps or continuous cards in your design. and both Rainbow Dragon and especially Crystal Abundance are POWERFUL cards in this deck design.
~Specter (cow_pi) 18:09, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
--I don't agree on Lightsworn being the Top 1 on the weakest deck.Milling your own deck is a strategy(although I don't use this deck).The lesser the cards in your deck,the faster you will get the cards that you need.Even if the cards that you need is milled in your Graveyard,there is still a lot of support cards for them.
--But i agree with Specter (cow_pi) of what he mentioned.,
- How about a starter deck vs a deck that is built to be competitive? There is this 12 year old kid who thinks that his 2008 starter deck with an added Stardust Dragon is amazing, only to get school by more powerful decks. Not really his fault, but it shows just how useless starter decks really are. I also just got the Spellcasters Command, only to get spanked by my younger brothers Psychic deck. (It is pure Psychic type, and it annoys me how he can just throw away his lifepoints to the point where he has about 1000 to make a grand play, then gain them all back and then some in no time.) Messengerofthedark 04:08, 1 May 2009 (UTC)Messengerofthedark
--I don't agree that the Lightsworns are the weakest. Actually, it can win on Gladiator beasts with a right combo and it's strategy is strong if they have many cards on graveyard(specifically monsters). Jomzcabu
To the original poster... you're an idiot. kthx. Danny Lilithborne 14:41, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
This is just wrong
As long a deck has a basic strategy, it isn't weak. That is how I think, but compare some decks with others. A Blue-Eyes deck won't stand up to Lightsworns. So it's not really fair to start comparing decks now. Toob 14:22, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
To those who answered my question
--Please don't be offended,I just want to see the opinion of others.
If we talk in terms of structurized decks around Archetypes, I agree with a few of the previous examples. But also agree that as long as there's a basic strategy your deck has as much weaknesses as strengths. What makes a deck weak is a lack of strategy. Ex: making a deck full of cards with the coolest pictures and don't bother to even read their lore, name, attribue, tribute and ATK and DEF values. Strategy? Use them as any was as possible when you have them!! This, of course, is no real stratgy, as it attributes a lot to luck like no other kind of deck.
Whoever dissed a starter deck
A friend of mine who competed in nationals told me that a few years ago some guy forget to bring his deck and played the nationals with merely the Zombie Madness Structure Deck (Not zombie world) and actually won the tourney
Structure Decks are generally stronger than Starter Decks, and yes, they are different. Also, that time was around 2004, so there was alot less strategy in-game, so it doesnt really count for today's standards. Shoukatsuryou 09:59, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
i believe the top ten weakest decks are
- 2.Fish type monsters
- 3.Elemental Heros (sorry)
- 5.Thunder type monsters
- 9.Destiny Heros (they band or limited all the good ones so now left with the crap ones)
i dont get why everyone is saying crystal beast suck there good if you no how to use them. --Gyzarus 23:01, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
my worst 10
1)Ojamas 2)Aliens 3)Cloudians 4)Neo-Spacians 5)Toons 6)D-Heroes 7)Geminis 8)Cyber Dragon 9)Vehicroids 10)Spirits
- Yugi's deck (If you don't have the Millenium Puzzle, you can't win with this deck), Toons, Spirits, Chess Archfiends, Moths, Ojama, Mokey Mokey, Exodia, Dark Scorpion, Alchemy, Ninja are probably the weakest decks imo.
- Correctly built Lightsworn, Crystal Beasts, Alien, Gravekeepers and Destiny Heroes can be really good decks.
i agree with you (but e-heroes are strong to)
- Subjective topics like these calling for a poll on superlatives in Yugioh is far from its integrity. This is so pointless. ::Chris427
BTW, Cyber Dragon is still an excellent decktype, even with only one cydra, the deck is still extremely good. I've played the deck and have gotten a full field of monsters with 4,000 to 16,000 multiple times. D-Heros are still amazing with Destiny hero Dragoon at their disposal as well as Destiny Draw. Fish type decks are now powerful as well with the edition of Royal Swamp Eal and Coelacanth, the deck can shoot out synchros like nobody's business. Aliens are another amazing deck, but only so long as the user knows how to play them as they require a huge amount of planning. Exodia is a decent deck type that keeps getting better and better with the growth of the draw engine. Gravekeeper's are an excellent decktype as well, being one of the most consistantly swarmind decks I've ever played. The person who even suggested that Lightsworn is a poor decktype should be stoned to death. Lightsworn are the top deck along with Gladiator Beasts. Another deck that was put on this entirely wrong list was E-Heros, though stupid, they're actually a decent decktype (little city). Dark World as well was put on this stupid list, the deck is consistent and has many variations, with a little more support, they could easily be tier 2. I'm astounded to see that Beasts are on this list as well. HAve you ever heard of a card named GREEN BABOON DEFENDER OF THE FOREST? or what about MANTICORE OF DARKNESS? AND SINCE WHEN DID TELE-DAD BECOME BAD? even with it's weakened state, it still managed to take the first Shonen Jump! Anyways, enough of putting people down, Here's my list...
- 1. Black Scorpion
- 2. Gate Guardian
- 3. Normal Deck
- 4. Mokey Mokey
- 5. Toon
- 6. Iron Chain
- 7. Harpy
- 8. Spirit
- 9. Cloudians
- 10. Gemini
- That was very uncalled for. Take your drama-provoking elsewhere. Have I ever said anything to offend you? ::Chris427 22:40, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
@ Coca Cola: Fail jokes are fail. Now back to the forum topic... I can't think of 10 decks that I'd consider weak, but one I know for sure is Neo-Spacian. Needs more support. --Bluedog (Talk) 23:51, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
from years of experience, the list should look something like this (this list doesnt look at banlist)
1. ojama deck (maybe later, but for now....there just...terrible, and horifying to look at) 2. guardian deck (maybe when we get arms hole...) 3. gate guardian deck (only version i saw work didnt even have the stuff to use him, only for UFOroid fighter) 4. toon deck (ive tried, and tried again, cant figure it out) 5. contact neos deck (not the sweet japanese wrath/assault variation) 6. cyber ogre deck (never tried, never seen anyone try, never heard of anyone try, kinda sad, someone try him, hes lonely) 7. harpy deck (not the wind deck, those actually have potential, if only they gave them some support instead of the water deck in these next few packs...) 8. v-z deck (need to make new v and w fusion combinations with the older ones) 9. exodia necross deck (exodia can win if built good, but necross? come on, not gonna happen) 10. water dragon deck (oh no, my fire deck can never win now!)
reasons not putting these decks on list
e- hero deck- (i have seen someone destroy tourneys with one, noone saw it coming, was a top tourney player, given the challenge of making one, and did, and won with it). alien deck- (having not used any of the new stuff, i cant account for the new alien deck, the old one was meh, but still better than water dragon) roid deck- (personally played with it, personally found its secrets, it can be good, not lightsworn/glad good, but good) amazon deck- (tried it for about a week or two, did ok, nothing special, meshed well with toolbox) archfiend deck- (its good, have a second look) the LV deck- (this one depends on the ones you use, armed dragon/horus can be good, the swordsmans can be good, allure queen...not so much) cloudian deck- (ever killed someone with a 24000 atk nimbusman? fun stuff neo-spacian deck (its the same as the contact deck, so its up there already lol) frog deck- (played it, loved it, i dont care what anyone says, its awesome, especially if you can win with one before light of destruction, playing against the top deck of the time, demise) ancient gear deck- (this is my rogue deck of choice, with the new release of beast king barbaros, the deck now can compete with lightsworn/plants/glads)
My 10 worst decks are:
- 1.Mokey Mokey deck
- 2.Archfiend Deck
- 3.Toon Deck
- 4.Gate Guardian Deck
- 5.Neo Space Deck
- 6.Dark Scorpion Deck, but I found they work with Destiny Heroes
- 7.Gemini Deck, almost impossible to keep consistant
- 8.Insect Deck, had potential to be good, but just isn't
- 9.Spirit Deck
- 10.Normal Monster Deck, except when used with Lycanthrope i've seen such decks win lol
Doz Bate 11:07, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Instead of a weak deck, I'm going to show you a really strong deck.
Here it is, my deck.
Strong huh? And also cute!
-Don't insult decks that are cute.
Really? are they insulting them?
- Kaiser Jaren
- Supreme Leader - Ancient Archaeus Empire Yu-Gi-Oh! Club
- Of Kaiserarchaeus.proboards.com forums
Kaiser-kun 07:13, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Okay, rather than risk offending people by saing "weak", I'd think "under-supported" is a better term.
So, the top 10 undersupported decktypes I feel, in no exact order of arrangement...
- Monks. They came in TLM. They went just as fast.
- Neos. Good try, but the problem lies in the lack of good effects and dependency on a field.
- Arcana Force. Unstable deck is unstable. Unless you're an AI and cheating the coin flips...
- Toons. "Summoning Sickness" makes them rather vulnerable for that one turn.
- Gate Guardian. No wonder it's set as a common challenge in the games to actually summon the guy.
- Water Dragon. Um... yeah.
- Exodia Necross. One piece goes out of the grave and your whole strategy dies. Might as well use the original.
- Mokey Mokey. ...Yeah.
- Ojama. Good try with the field and all, but still...
- Anything that uses the old, forgotten weak normal monsters. It's gotta get out of the past.
Yep, that's it. Vehicroids are a bit of a force to be reckoned with, just at a mid-tier level. Exodia, with the right deck built around it, can win without the opponent taking a turn. Crystal Beast still has some decency, and clogging S/T zone effects are actually optional. Geminis will get massive support by SD17, and heard of the Dark Dive Gigaplant FTK? Yeah. ...And so on. --Gadjiltron 14:02, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
1.elemental hero neos monsters have good effects but use them together with all e-heroes. 2.with light barrier you don't need to toss a coin (arcana force)
Any Deck that revolves around a single card to be effective.
I shall list all that I can think of that apply to this(in no order) and list their weakness.
- Toon Deck- Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
- Gravekeeper's Deck- Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
- Venom Deck- Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
- Destiny Board Deck- Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
- Objection. You cannot Cursed Seal the Spirit Messages. They are not considered activated. Destiny Board's a Trap, so that cannot be Cursed Seal'ed either. Also, for Light Barrier's effect of not tossing coins, guess what it requires to secure the effect for the turn? ...Yup. As for Neos, I speak for a deck dedicated for Neos and his contacts. Seal his Neo-Space and he's done for. So yeah. --Gadjiltron 04:53, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
toons vs. baboons...wait, what?
I don't see why everyone frowns upon the toons... sure they're expensive, but with all the direct attacks you'll be doing, your life points won't be a concern. Your opponent will be owned by Sunday Comics in around 5 turns.--DukeOfYokai 01:32, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
They're held back by some things...
- They need Toon World out to do the Direct Attacking.
- A fair amount of them can't even attack on the turn they're summoned.
- Toon World dies, they all go out.
This generally puts a lot of limits to the Deck itself. It's not just the Life Points that's being worried about. --Gadjiltron 10:19, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- 1. Psychics
- 2. Roids
- 3. Toons
- 4. Harpies
- 5. Synchro (have not met a good synchro deck)
- 6. Gravekeeper's
- 7. Spellcasters
- 8. Aliens (even with their new support)
- 9. Reactors
- 10. Ancient Gears
--Airbellum 19:27, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Whoever up there said Thunder decks, my batteryman topped regionals so don't even dare
I don't think any decks are particularly weak, as long as they're built right. Many decks that seem weak due to a particular weakness often have ways around that weakness, like arcanas and their reliance on luck (which I have tried once and won many duels). Also, I noticed someone put "Geminis" in their list :(Gemini69 03:48, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 04:28, 16 June 2009 (UTC) I agree, I believe the only decks that are truly weak are the ones that are either built wrong, or have been hindered by the Banned/Limited list
batteries are a good archtype if you build it correctly. But geminis suck balls.--Airbellum 10:14, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Structure Deck 17: Warrior's Strike would like to have a word with you once it shows up. --Gadjiltron 10:38, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
And what about giga otk? Gemini's can be amazing! and I heard dark bribe is coming in that structure deck
I've noticed a lot of people saying Harpies, but harpies can have 3 Harpie Queen and 3 other harpies, along with Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon, Hysteric Party, and the combination of Dark Coffin and Harpies' Hunting Ground harpies can be an ok archetype184.108.40.206 18:13, 16 June 2009 (UTC)