|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Utopia & Mirror Force|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1466 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
How would Utopia's effect coincide with Mirror Force? For example:
- 1) I attack with a Monster
- 2) My opponent activates Mirror Force
- 3) I use Utopia's effect to negate the attack.
Now, here is where it gets confusing.
- A) The attack is negated. Mirror Force resolves its effect and goes to the graveyard.
- B) The attack is negated. Without an attack, a replay occurs and Mirror Force is returned to face-down.
- C) I missed the timing, all Attack-position monsters are destroyed via Mirror Force.
I ask because 1) When Mystical Space Typhoon is activated and a face-down trap is selected, the Trap can still activate. Despite the Trap activating and resolving its effect, MST still goes to the grave, and 2) because there is nothing on the Card Rulings page about this effect.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round 04:14, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- That is an activation condition. It doesn't matter if the attack is negated after that. It can still resolve. It's the first ruling on Card Rulings:Mirror Force
- MST is COMPLETELY different. 1) Destroy ≠ Negate. 2) This is about activation conditions, this has nothing to do with it.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 04:22, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- 1) Utopia cannot chain to Mirror Force. Utopia's effect is Trigger Effect (Spell Speed 1), Mirror Force is a Trap (Spell Speed 2). Spell Speed 1 cannot chain to Spell Speed 2.
- 2) And even if Utopia can chain to Mirror Force and negate the attack, Mirror Force still resolve as normal, since it doesn't care what happened to the attack. (Magicknight94 - Lê).--22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:28, February 4, 2012 (UTC)