|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → Tag Force images for Card Artworks pages?||Post|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
Should we use images from the Tag Force games where possible for Card Artworks pages? This would have a few benefits, mostly concerning focus and consistency: the focus of these pages is the artwork of the card, and not of the card's frame or any other details appearing on the card, and card scans are anything but consistent in quality and size; artwork images from Tag Force games, on the other hand, consist solely of the card artwork and always (I think) have identical sizes and quality (and we don't have to worry about any holo effects for artworks that have only been released in the OCG/TCG as a rarity with such effects, which is a further distraction from the artwork proper). This is especially appealing in light of the fact that our coverage of Tag Force artworks is basically complete for TF05 and TF06 and steadily improving for TF04 (though in the last case, we really do need a project page to track completion), though our coverage of pre-TF04 images is absolutely horrendous (Google searches suggest probably no more then a half-dozen images total between the three games). Thoughts? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 07:15, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I thought about suggesting this back when I created Card Artworks:Clear World, but I never got around to doing so. Or, in short, I agree.
- Size for Tag Force images should all be 544x544 when taken properly.
- Quality is not perfectly persistent, but it'll be fine since it won't be noticeable when they're smaller on the Artworks pages, and they are generally not noticeable full-size unless you really try to look for them (except the newest Tag Force).
- Google's half-dozen is way off.
- TF01-TF03 (53)
- GX02-GX06 (74)
- Ooh, that's good to know (though it still shows our collection to be woefully incomplete). What method did you use to find all those images?
- Now, a few semi-related points/questions:
- For images from the first three Tag Force games, should we use "TF01"/"TF02"/"TF03" or "GX02"/"GX04"/"GX06"? I'm leaning toward the latter myself, since that's what the games' promotional card set prefixes are, which is what the recommendations in the image policy are based on.
- The two images we have from Tag Force Evolution seem to show that game using a completely different artwork style for cards (much smaller resolution, with the whole card shown); are its artworks actually the same as other Tag Force games, and those two images just happen to show something else? If so, did it actually feature any cards not featured in the preceding Tag Force game?
- Anyone feel up to going ahead and renaming these images to comply with the image policy (pursuant to a decision on my first "semi-related" point)? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 17:29, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- By creating a list of all files on this wikia, then on notepad++ use "Find All in Current Document".
- File:MaleficSelectorVG-TF06-JP-Card.png - File:MaleficSelectorVG-TF06-JP.png
- The big ones come from an option to zoom in to the artwork only. The card images is the regular ones.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 23:59, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Aah, the brute-force approach. =D
- Okay, makes sense. Are you worried about uploading the card versions of all the artworks?
- Back to the original topic, does anyone else have any objections to using the TF artworks on Card Artworks pages, or anything to add, etc.? If not, should we go ahead and start doing this? 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 00:10, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Unlike the big images which people have uploaded to various sites already, the -Card versions aren't something that is scattered around the internet, so in order to upload them, they need to be taken from the game.
- Uploading -Card versions is not something on my to do list. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 01:27, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, it wouldn't be a "Don't upload them" kind of thing, so if anyone wants to add them (properly), there shouldn't be an issue.
- As for "TF01"/"TF02"/"TF03" or "GX02"/"GX04"/"GX06", a reason to using TF01/2/3 is that it is easy to remember and flows on with 4/5/6, I don't mind either one as long as we agree to stick with it. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 01:56, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Works for me.
- That's the problem, though, there's a really good argument for using either style, and both of them boil down to "consistency". I still favor the GX prefixes since that maintains consistency with the image policy, as I said above, and I feel that level of consistency is more important then an intra-series level (but that's just me). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 02:20, May 3, 2012 (UTC)