|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Swap Frog Ruling|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2147 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
When you Special Summon Swap Frog through his effect and you send 1 Level 2 or lower Water Aqua-type monster to the graveyard or deck and let's say I send Dupe Frog from the field to the graveyard with Swap Frog's effect, do I get Dupe Frog's effect to add 1 Frog monster to my hand or do I miss the timing?? Would I also get Posion Draw Frog's effect through Swap Frog's effect as well when sent from the field too?
Thanks JonTheMan 20:02, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Dupe Frog and Poison Draw Frog effects only activate when sent from the field to the graveyard. Yummyjelly 23:18, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
Swap Frog says "from your Deck or your side of the field to the Graveyard. "...
- Anyways, the last thing to occur is the frog being sent from the field to grave, it shouldn't miss the timing. Falzar FZ 23:34, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
swap frog ruling again
Hi i keep hearing about swap frog and a face up Poison Draw Frog or Dupe Frog missing the timing. Lets say i activate swap frogs effect and send a face up dupe or poison to the grave instead sending 1 from the deck does the timing still miss. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:32, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- "When this card is Summoned, you can select and send 1 Level 2 or lower Aqua-Type WATER monster from your Deck or your side of the field to the Graveyard."
- This will not make Poison Draw Frog miss the timing.
- You might have mistaken it with Substitoad's effect: "You can Tribute 1 monster to Special Summon 1 "Frog" monster from your Deck."
- This will make Poison Draw Frog miss the timing. Falzar FZ (talk • contribs) 13:36, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Swap Frogs return effect
I keep seeing players on youtube being able to return swap frog in their hand without summoning a frog in addition to their summon. So my question is if you return a monster with swap frog's effect does that mean you can ignore the 2nd requirement of its effect of summoning a frog to substitute it?
the effect of swap frog only allows you to normal summon a frog monster, the monster is not summoned with that effect. That is like the usual normal summon you have every turn, you don't need to summon anything if you don't want to. -dest- (talk • contribs) 15:16, December 7, 2010 (UTC)