|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Shi En (summoned) + Fiendish Chain|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1018 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
- You can, since "Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En" has a quick-effect and continuous effect. Negate 1 Spell/Trap Card per turn is quick, while rest of other effects are continuous. --FredCat 00:51, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, those are not Counter Trap Card (like "Solemn Judgment" or "Solemn Warning"), since they can stop the Summon itself. Therefore you can rely it quickly to "Fiendish Chain". --FredCat 01:46, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
Here is a question. Say you have Shi-En on the field, you summon a monster, your opponent then uses Solemn Warning, which Shi-En negates. Can your opponent then use another Solemn Warning to negate that monster's summon, or is the chain done, allowing the monster ot be summoned?
- How Shi En can negate the 1st Warning? Seriously, nobody have read the rulebook at this era?--Lê (talk • contribs) 05:46, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Shi En cannot negate any Counter Trap Cards like Solemn Warning. Shi En is Spell Speed 2. All Counter Trap Cards are Spell Speed 3 and cannot be chained to by anything that isn't a Spell Speed 3.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 08:57, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Those are all why I said "those are not Counter Trap Card" in first place. Counter Trap Cards are like, as Yami said, Spell Speed 3 and must be chained by other Counter Trap Cards only. --FredCat 11:48, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
To sum up Shi-en cannot negate counter traps, if he is summoned and fiendish chain is then activated shi-en CAN negate fiendish chain, however if shi-en is summoned and the bottomless is played shi-en chooses to negate then fiendish chain is played then shi-ens effect will be negated meaning bottomless would get its effect. Note cards like Super-Polymerization that cannot be chained to, Shi-en CANNOT negate them. also if your opponent controls "Splendid Venus" when shi-en is summoned and then fiendish chain is activated fiendish chain cannot be negated due to her effect. —This unsigned comment was made by Black Masked Emperor (talk • contribs) 12:17, April 4, 2012
- Again, sign your edits with four tildes in Forum or Talk Page! And if you mean that you chained "Fiendish Chain" to the effect of "Shi En" then you're correct. If you played "Fiendish Chain" little too late, like after Summon Window is closed, then Shi En won't get banishing after all, though his effect is negated at that turn. --FredCat 12:32, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
Well that does not make any sense. Shi-En's card states he can negate any trap or magic cards once per turn. It says nothing on his card about not being able to negate counter traps.
What about Barkion and Beast?
This is getting tiresome. If the card cannot negate certain cards, it should say so on the card. Like Effect Veiler should state "Cannot negate Rescue Rabbit's effect" or some crap like that.
Cards do not need to restate basic game mechanics in their text. The rulebook itself states that effects of lower spell speeds cannot be chained to the effects of higher spell speeds. Effect Veiler CAN negate Rescue Rabbit, it's just that due to how priority works in the TCG you don't often get the chance to. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:24, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- If you can't grasp such a simple concept, my advice would be to try a game more suited to your level of comprehension.--YamiWheeler (talk • contribs) 20:26, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Shi En and Barkion/Beast are Speed Spell 2, like Stardust Dragon. They just can't stop Counter Trap Cards at all. There are no exist Speed Spell 3 Monsters so far for now. Therefore "Counter Trap Cards" are only 1 to be "Speed Spell 3" is all. Get over your ranting, buddies (beside YamiWheeler) --FredCat 20:59, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- P/S: And follow your theory, should the Normal Spell Cards say "Can only be activated during your Main Phase of your turn" and the Trap Cards say "Can be activated any time during either player's turn"?--Lê (talk • contribs) 04:24, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
All they need to do is put most in there. So have it say, "Once per turn, this card can negate most spell/trap cards..." I'm assuming then these cards cannot negate book of moon either then, because it is a Quick Play magic card, right?
- Quick-Play Spell Cards are still Speed Spell 2; Counter Trap Cards are ONLY 1 THAT IS SPEED SPELL 3, period! --FredCat 03:51, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Kain, just read the rulebook (It tells you the Spell Speed of the card types), you're making yourself look like a loser. Book of Moon is a Spell Speed 2, so Shi-En/Beast can negate Book of Moon. They however, can't negate Spell Speed 3 cards, which in this game are ONLY Counter Trap cards. Beast/Shi-en and Barkion can negate any other spell or trap card, except Counter Traps. Do you get it now? ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:53, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
Out of curiousity then, does this mean that Light & Darkness Dragon cannot negate Solemn Warning and other counter traps as well?