|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Lists Discussion → September 2011 Forbidden & Limited Lists|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1651 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
- Source: Shriek
- Listed are only CHANGES.
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
- Debris Dragon
- Lonefire Blossom
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
- T.G. Hyper Librarian
- Formula Synchron
- Heavy Storm
- Primal Seed
- Shien's Smoke Signal
- Pot of Avarice
- Summoner Monk
- Necro Gardna
- Destiny Draw
- Swords of Revealing Light
- Mind Crush
- Call of the Haunted
- My thoughts:
- Fishborg Blaster; why?
- Mind Master; same as Substitoad?
- Giant Trunade; not sure.
- Royal Oppression; saw this coming ever since Solemn Warning was released.
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning... twilight format now?
- Debris Dragon, Lonefire Blossom, Formula Synchron, Pot of Avarice; Weaken Junk Doppel; obvious ones
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En, Shien's Smoke Signal; Weaken Six Samurai; obvious ones
- T.G. Hyper Librarian; super splashable, works when either player Synchro Summons; really obvious one
- Heavy Storm; Since Giant Trunade went up, this comes down.
- Primal Seed with Envoy of Beginning being at one, this must be at one to prevent loop.
- THE LOOP = 2 Primal Seed + Macro Cosmos/Banisher of the Radiance + Anything you want to reuse indefinitely = win
- For example, on your first turn, you Hand Destruction 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK. Then Special Summon the Envoy. Then Normal Summon Banisher of the Radiance. Now, activate Sparks, activate Primal Seed to get Sparks and 1 of the Banished cards, activate the same Sparks, activate Primal Seed to get Primal Seed and Sparks and repeat for Sparks FTK!!!
- You can do this with any Effect Damage cards, or things like Limiter Removal, Rush Recklessly, etc.
- Summoner Monk; Saw this coming after Cat died
- Necro Gardna; with Burial from a Different Dimension already limited, this card can't really be abused anyways.
- Dewloren; not sure.
- Destiny Draw; not being used anyways.
- Swords of Revealing Light; not being used anyways; also, with Xyz, Level Limit and Gravity Bind aren't as good, so... yea why not.
- Mind Crush; works against decks which search for cards (aka fast decks), does not work as well against decks which don't search (aka most slower decks), so good idea.
- Call of the Haunted; wait... what?
- Judgment Dragoon; definitely the return of twilight.
- Spirit Reaper; no top decks would use 3 anyways.
- Overload Fusion; went from 1 to 2, did nothing, goes to 3.
- MST; worth it.
- Megamorph; Equip spells are bad...
- Gravity Bind; to make people play more Xyz Monsters xD
- Icarus Attack; no comment, still hates BWs.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 12:33, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
I'll add my two cents:
- Fishborg Blaster - I see its potential, but Forbidding it is a bit harsh; Limiting it would have been just fine;
- Mind Master - I feel the same as the person before me;
- Giant Trunade - don't see why it's there;
- Royal Oppression - was good against Meta Decks, don't think it deserves to be placed here.
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - been a while since this card has seen play, could be a nice change of pace. Players better take advantage of it while they can, cause it can just as easily return back to the Forbidden List;
- Debris Dragon + Lonefire Blossom - deadly combo, this should keep players from spamming them;
- Legendary Six Samurai Shi En + Shien's Smoke Signal - they had it coming and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this;
- T.G. Hyper Librarian + Formula Synchron - wise decision, they practically pay for themselves;
- Heavy Storm - nice to see you old friend, I missed you;
- Primal Seed - with Soldier's new status, it's better to be safe than sorry;
- Pot of Avarice - it was only a matter a time; I'm surprised it took this long;
- Summoner Monk + Tragoedia - should have stayed at 1; now Xyz Monsters have extra fuel;
- Necro Gardna - more protection for Lightsworns;
- Dewloren - not very broken, guess it's ok, at least it's not splashable;
- Swords of Revealing Light - pretty glad, actually, maybe it'll regain in popularity;
- Destiny Draw - I'm ambivalent here: maybe it is at the right amount or maybe it should be Limited;
- Mind Crush - great counter against decks that rely on searching;
- Call of the Haunted - so let me get this straight, we'll have 2 of these plus an extra Limited Monster Reborn, something's not right here;
- Judgment Dragoon - seriously? I would hate to face all 3 of them at once;
- Spirit Reaper - other than Zombie Decks, it doesn't really benefit others from adding extra copies of it;
- Overload Fusion - only really useful in Chimeratech decks, not much else; I think it's been a while since I've heard of them in Championships;
- MST - sweet, more Spell/Trap destruction;
- Megamorph - good card, but not something to rely on;
- Gravity Bind - I guess with the coming of the Xyz, this doesn't seem as threatening as it once did, wonder if Level Limit - Area B is next?
- Icarus Attack - should have stayed at least Semi-Limited; BW will be glad to run this to the fullest.
Fisborg Blaster is really abusable, from personal experience with Monarchs, but not worth banning. I'm not happy Heavy Storm or Royal Oppression. And Call of the Haunted at 2 just confuses me. But more importantly, what didn't change: Monster Reborn is still at 1, Hyperion at 3, Duality at 3, Kristya at 2, Chaos Sorcerer at 3, Ultimate Offering at 3, Skill Drain still at 3 (hate this,) Tour Guide (too new?). Fill me in on some of these unchanged cards please. Djjomon (talk • contribs) 16:03, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
Well, Monster Reborn is fine at 1 (although with 2 Calls, this could be problematic), Hyperion is overrated, Duality gives consistency to slower decks, Krystia is fine at 2, Chaos Sorcerer isn't really overpowered, Ultimate Offering is good in like 1 deck, no one uses Skill Drain, and Tour Guide is TCG exclusive. Summoned Skull 2: Electric Boogaloo 16:10, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
nooo my frog deck is nerfed by the fishborg ban, I had only just tweaked my frog deck to make it cooler... but hello chaos deck! :D I'm definitely excited to make one of those at some point Gravity Bind, I'm surprised is unlimited now in xyz generation, but I guess they want xyz to be even better which I guess is cool for the merchandising Debris is made limited only now? Took them a while, is it even worth limiting now? MST being unlimited is shocking, it's a great card, I recently replaced my dust tornados with them because I realised I was being dumb by not using them Shi-en limited, hmmm Six Sams getting nerfed, though I dont think by that much, but frogs definitely took a hit. At least they didnt hit Treeborn otherwise frogs would be dead forever. Overload Fusion gets unlimited right after I take mine out of my machine deck *rolls eyes* that's my two cents then :P Chaos here we go, this will be fun! (that wasnt sarcasm, I think it'll be fun srsly) Neon Rider (talk • contribs) 16:22, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
1exodiafan1 - Comments about the new Banlist
Here are my thoughts on the new changes:
- "Debris Dragon" being Limited: Saw that one coming.
- "Formula Synchron" and "T.G. Hyper Librarian": I knew for a while those would eventually be Limited, due to huge card advantage and hand advantage.
- "Pot of Avarice" being Limited: Had a feeling that would happen, due to the release of "Reborn Tengu".
- "Giant Trunade" being Forbidden and "Heavy Storm" back to being Limited: Finally! I can use my favorite card in my Decks again. "Giant Trunade" just cannot compare with "Heavy Storm".
Any other changes, I'm content with, since I almost never include those cards in my Deck lists, anyway.
Thought I'd give my two cents about this list:
- Destiny Draw up to 2 - It'll do no harm at 2.
- Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier down to 2 - This way, you can stop the Heritage loop.
- Formula Synchron down to 1 - This card acts as a step-up Synchro Material Monster and a means of increasing advantage as you do so.
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En down to 1 - Samurai needed a hit, and this is their best card.
- Mind Crush up to 2 - Stops the fast decks (the ones that search).
- Overload Fusion up to 3 - They've needed to do this since Chalice and Veiler came out.
- Royal Oppression down to 0 - We needed a way of reducing the summon hate this format.
- Shien's Smoke Signal down to 1 - Hit the Samurai's consistency, and they'll drop.
- T.G. Hyper Librarian down to 1 - Too much advantage can be gained off this one card.
- Tragoedia up to 2 - He's not actually that much of a threat, seeing as he's usually rather weak.
Impartial (as in, I wouldn't have personally made these changes, but I can see their point):
- Debris Dragon down to 1
- Heavy Storm up to 1
- Icarus Attack up to 3
- Lonefire Blossom down to 1
- Megamorph up to 3
- Mind Master down to 0
- Mystical Space Typhoon up to 3
- Necro Gardna up to 2
- Pot of Avarice down to 1
- Spirit Reaper up to 3
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning up to 1 - It's too overpowered, even when vulnerable to Bottomless.
- Call of the Haunted up to 2 - Because we really needed triple revival, didn't we? Combine these with Monster Reborn and Safe Zone, and trump card monsters will become invincible.
- Fishborg Blaster down to 0 - It's the key card in a deck which, without Librarian and Formula, isn't overpowered in the slightest. Why?
- Giant Trunade down to 0 - Sorry, you just Limited Heavy Storm, then banned this? WTF!?
- Gravity Bind up to 3 - It's still just as good as it's always been against decks which can't Xyz summon very well, though I can at least see their point on this one.
- Judgment Dragon up to 3 - Lightsworns do not need three of their trump card. Their consistency has just improved a whole lot, since they'll no longer mill all of their JDs.
- Primal Seed down to 1 - If I had any reason at all to agree with BLS coming off, I would agree with this instantly. As it is, I have to disagree by extension.
- Summoner Monk up to 2 - People seem to be forgetting that you can Monk another Monk. On top of that, he's still great for Synchros and Xyz summons.
- Swords of Revealing Light up to 2 - Sorry, I can't even begin to see the logic here. I suppose since Xyz monsters aren't affected by Gravity Bind and Area B, that they need something else to stop them, but almost no decks ran those anyway since they'd hurt themselves. In other words, bringing this to 2 is only making things worse - not making up for Gravity Bind not working on Xyz monsters.
Yugioh DED's thoughts
Yeah, I agree with Falzar mostly. Fishborg was too harsh. I also think bringing back Twilight decks is a really good thing, although it can be dangerous, especially since this format around, people will be blowing up their opponent's back row like nothing, leaving nothing for the opponent to do when you wanna bust out Black Luster Soldier. We might even see some Twilight decks with a D-Hero variation again, which I'd like. It does take you back to think how we thought we would never get a format with Dark Hole and Heavy Storm in the same one, but it's completely fine; they let the opponent have a sense of awareness when filling up their field. Which also probably indicates that Starlight Road will be used more...
I'm a little wary of the obvious return of twilight, BUT really glad to see TG and six sam limitations. Sad to see my precious debris dragon going to 1, but I do understand why. Really am not looking forward to triple gravity bind or triple icarus...but otherwise I'm okay with this list. Shoopdoop (talk • contribs) 12:12, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I will miss Trunade. I still have yet to see anyone use the "Dewloren" loop, even online. I expect more people will use "Limit Reverse" => "Preacher" => "Dewloren" => Bounce "Limit Reverse".
Designless Square (talk • contribs) 00:56, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
I'll Quit yugioh if they Banned Gladiator beast Gyzarous unless Konami make another Gladiator beast fusion. Gyzarous is not that hard to take out.
Black Luster Soldier...? Really...?
I kind of agree with all points to whatever was affected by this ist EXCEPT BLS. Reason why: its simply too overpowered, even with the new stuff out its just too darn powerful. Lightsworns and Zombieswarns are gonna love this card and this whole format because of this thing...--Sky Scourge God (talk • contribs) 05:18, September 30, 2011 (UTC)