|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Scapegoat questions|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 365 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
i have some questions about the spell card scapegoat.
to start, me and 3 friends were playing a tag team game and my opponents used scapegoat.
these are the possible outcomes we thought up.
1- it is a quikspell card so i said it only lasts the turn you play it, after the turn the spell card is gone and the 4 tokens.
2- opponent 1 said this card came out before tokens were introduced, so you don't need token card from your extra deck...there are 4 invicable tokens on the monster field. not usable for tribute or other other summons.
3- opponent number 2 said i don't need 4 tokens, they are invisable 0/0 monsters and i don't take damage when you attack them even tho their attack is 0.
so my questions are: 1-does he need 4 token cards to play it? 2-can they be used for tribute, special, ritual, xyz, synchro, or fusion summons 3-does the card remain on the trap/spell card zone or is it gone, and if its gone do the tokens go aswell? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:07, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- 1) The tokens stay as it is summoned by the effect, it is not part of that card, the card goes to the Graveyard after the chain it is in resolves.
- 2) There is something called an errata. The card was reprinted recently and there were no changes, so you can Tribute for Special Summons and use them for Ritual/Fusion/Synchro Summons.
- ALL Tokens cannot be used for an Xyz Summon.
- 3) See 1.
- See also: the page Token Monster.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 22:16, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
can anyone give me a clear reason why you cannot use scapegoat tokens for an xyz summon but you can use them for synchro because that just seems like stupid to me (and dont give me the reason because there is no number of monster because there is a minimum just like the synchro monsters)188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:43, March 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Detach required the Material to enter the Graveyard, so Tokens are not counting for those of Xyz Monsters. Therefore you need a solid card, like Monsters or Trap Card (which treated itself as Monster card while face-up on the field) to Xyz Summon. --iFredCat 23:16, March 3, 2013 (UTC)