|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Sangan and Xyz monsters|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1483 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
- No, the effect of "Sangan" will not activate. The overlayed cards are not considered "on the field", so when they are detached and sent to the graveyard, they are not sent from the field to the graveyard. DemonGodAsura (talk • contribs) 20:46, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Actually, Kevin Tewart, one of the head people in TCG,changed that ruling so that it will get its effect. same thing will happen with tengu, goblin zombie, etc.—This unsigned comment was made by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 07:44, 2011 August 8
- The question was answered before Xyz rulings were announced for the TCG.
- The answer given is correct in the OCG.
- The discussion on the discrepancy can be found here.
- For a recap:
- Reborn Tengu, Goblin Zombie, EHAZ and Sangan will not get their effects in the OCG.
- Reborn Tengu, Goblin Zombie, EHAZ and Sangan will get their effects in the TCG.
- Dandylion will get its effect in both the OCG and TCG. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 07:55, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Revert someone who edited DemonGodAsura's post and made it incorrect.
- Also, while this thread is necrobumped already, might as well mention that the TCG had a rulings reversal and now it works the same as the OCG.
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 11:27, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
Ok this forum just went back and forth like a pong ball. Just to clarify, the current ruling in the OCG and TCG is that an overlayed monster that acts as an Xyz material is not considered "on the field", correct? If that where so then I'd like to know where exactly an Xyz material is considered to be as per game rules.—This unsigned comment was made by Dragonking (talk • contribs) 05:25, January 11, 2012
- TCG had a rulings reversal and now it works the same as the OCG. It is NOT considered "on the field".
- Reborn Tengu, Goblin Zombie, EHAZ and Sangan will not get their effects in the both TCG and OCG.
- Dandylion will get its effect in both the OCG and TCG.
- Some people think of the location as "Limbo", some think of it as being similar to Counters
- but this basically says they are not treated as "cards" (they are still on the field). Then when the Xyz Material is detached, the "when this card leaves the field" effect cannot be activated because it's not a card. In this case, it should be said as; they are not considered as "Cards on the field".
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 06:48, January 11, 2012 (UTC)