|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Rivalry of warlords|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1748 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
I'm confused about Rivalry of warlords. In the following situations Rivalry of warlords is active.
1) Can I tribute my pyramid turtle for a Caius?
2) If I have a pyramid turtle on the field, can I flip summon my Gravekeeper's spy?
3) If I have a pyramid turtle on the field can I activate monster reborn on a non-zombie monster?
4) If I have a pyramid turtle on the field can I set a non zombie type?
5) If I have a pyramid turtle on the field, and then activate brain control on my opponent's Raiza, what happens?
6) If I have a pyramid turtle on the field and plaugespreader, can I synchro for Iron chain?
7) Stardust cannot negate rivalry right?
8) Can my opponent contact fuse Gyzarus with a facedown beastari and a faceup Laquari?
9) Can I tribute my opponent's spirit reaper and zombie master for Lava Golem?
10) Can I SS Grinder golem to my opponent's field when my opponent has a spirit reaper? 188.8.131.52 02:10, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
- In general, you cannot Summon a monster if it would cause you to have more than one Type of monster on the field.
- 1a) In the TCG, yes. "Pyramid Turtle" is removed from the field, and then "Caius the Shadow Monarch" is Summoned. There is no time when you would control more than one Type, so it is legal.
- 1b) In the OCG, no. You cannot Summon a monster of a different Type, so you cannot even begin the Summon by Tributing "Pyramid Turtle".
- 2) No. Flip Summoning "Gravekeeper's Spy" would result in you controlling two Types of monsters.
- 3) No. That would result in you controlling two Types of monsters.
- 4) Yes. That does not result in you controlling two Types of monsters, since face-down monsters have no Types.
- 5) That is legal, since you are not Summoning anything. "Raiza the Storm Monarch" will be destroyed, since it is violating the condition set by "Rivalry of Warlords".
- 6) In the... um, just see #1.
- 7) Right, "Stardust Dragon" cannot negate it. When "Rivalry of Warlords" is first activated, it sends monsters to the Graveyard. It does not destroy anything, so the effect of "Stardust Dragon" cannot negate it. Afterwards, "Rivalry of Warlords" has a Continuous Effect, and "Stardust Dragon" cannot negate Continuous Effects.
- 8) You can only "Contact Fuse" with face-up monsters.
- 9) See #1, again.
- 10) No. That would cause your opponent to have more than one Type of monster.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 03:44, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Huh? You cannot SS Gyzarus from the extra deck by returning a facedown beastari and a faceup Laquari?
You can return face-down "Gladiator Beast" monsters to your Deck to Special Summon a "Gladiator Beast" Fusion Monster, but you must show your opponent the "Gladiator Beast" monsters to verify that they are correct.
The same ruling can also be found here: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Gladiator_Beast_Monsters Falzar FZ 10:26, December 8, 2009 (UTC)