Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → Reptile Deck|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1233 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Based on a similar Reptile deck I found on an article on TCGplayer, this is a deck I'm making for a friend, who is a huge reptile fan. It's not perfect; I'm debating whether to go with Gale Lizard or the Xex/Yagan combo for flip removal (Xex/Yagan is easier to get out, but Gale Lizard can bounce monsters regardless of position), and not sure what to replace Alien Brain with, if anything. This is more of a budget deck, so keep that in mind when offering suggestions. Thanks. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 03:02, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I think Xex and Yagan are better. It's easier to pull off, and if you Xyz with Yagan and Xex, Yagan won't banish itself, and you can just reuse it. Also, I think Linx is just bad at the moment. I mean he could work if you had a bunch of removal and protection, but he's just not worth it. I'd go for something like 3 Upstart Goblin, or 2 Shard of Greed (Rare in Battle Pack 2, so it's 70 cents). --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:47, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- How about Worm Tentacles, or if you need something more versatile, Lion Alligator? Also, I think the 2 Rabbit, 2 Gagagigo, and 2 Shocktrooper is kinda weird. I personally prefer the 3 Normal and 2 Rabbit suite instead of having 6 Normal and 2 Rabbit. I'm only saying this because your more likely to be able to get Rabbit's effect off. If you draw 1 Rabbit, 1 Shocktrooper, and 1 Gagagigo on your first turn, you have 3 very useless cards. I also don't like Balloon Lizard and Grandora, the minimal damage from Balloon won't do much, and while Gandora is cool for the 1000 LP, I don't think it's that great in pairs. Also, King can search for any Reptile, even Evil Dragon Ananta. I also don't see a point ot Desert Sunlight, if it's to protect your weaker monsters, then Mirror Force is probably better. As for Seal of Wickedness is kinda-shaky, I think the common Fiendish Chain would be better. It negates monster effects and stops attacks. Plus, Seal can't do anything in your opponent's Main Phase 1. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 19:58, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, personally, if this were my own deck, I'd go with this list:
- But I'm making this for a friend, so I have to keep in mind his sensibilities, as well. He likes Balloon Lizard, so that's what I'm going with. Lion Alligator might be a possible replacement to Granadora, if I can find another one. He also wants a more "lockdown"/"stun" type deck (had to talk him out of putting in stuff like Gora Turtle/Blast Sphere/Labyrinth Wall/etc.; his original deck is quite jumbled and isn't at all good). I'm trying to get him back in the game, so I don't want to complicate things too much for him (the Xyzs are going to be complicated enough for him), but I also want to have it be somewhat competitive. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 20:17, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I want some Spell/Trap destruction, and Solid is the only level 4 reptile with that ability; my other option is Worm Apocalypse, but he's level 1. I'm also thinking of Gentlemander as a possible deck option, but I'm not sure where to put it. And I'm still nervous about Xex/Yagan; as I said, while the combo makes it slightly easier to get out, Gale Lizard can target monsters no matter what their position is, while Yagan can only nuke face-up monsters. If anything, I'll side deck one or the other, depending on the preference. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 22:45, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
I'm going to go with this version. I know, you're touting Xex/Yagan, but to be perfectly honest, I like the wider targeting ability of Gale Lizard, and I don't need a two-card combo to bring it out. Not sure what else to do with this deck, but suggestions would be nice. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 23:19, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- No, this version is cool too. I liked the 2 Dimensional Prison, but this version looks more stable than what you were trying earlier. You could include one Evil Dragon Ananta for a boss. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 23:31, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. While I dunno if my friend uses it more than I do, I'm tempted to replace Mirror Force with a third Embodiment of Apophis, but that's it as far as changes go. I might think about Ananta, if I get the money to buy it; to keep it down to 40 cards, if I get one, I'll likely drop a Spawn Alligator for it. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 00:44, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
Updated the original post. I've got a second build with Xex/Yagan replacing Gale Lizard and Constellar Omega as an Extra Deck monster, but it's largely the same, honestly. I'm not sure which one my friend'll pick, but I hope he likes it, regardless. Vorpal Storm Pony (talk • contribs) 19:10, July 6, 2013 (UTC)