|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → Random Deck|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1363 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
I know most people dislike decks without a theme, but if you don't like decks that aren't themed don't comment on this deck. This deck has been tested slightly and won 3 out of 5 games, one finished a draw. Feel free to tell me cards to add/take out.
Monsters:25 Level 5+:
- Dreamsprite x2
- Man-Eater Bug x2
- Ultimate Baseball Kid x2
- Night Assailant
- Chaos Necromancer
- Neo-Spacian Glow Moss
- Mad Lobster
- Giant Soldier of Stone
- Dark Blade
- Mystical Elf
- Blazing Inpachi
- Great Angus
- The Bistro Butcher
- Mine Golem
- Soul Tiger
- The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave
- "Card Destruction"
- "Monster Reborn"
- "Symbols of Duty"
- "Tribute to the Doomed"
- "Soul Exchange" x2
- "The Reliable Guardian"
- "Rush Recklessly"
- "Dragged Down into the Grave"
- "Malevolent Catastrophe"
- "A Hero Emerges"
- "Compulsory Evacuation Device"
- "Trap Hole"
- "Common Charity"
- "Jar of Greed"
- "Hero's Rule 2"
- "Alchemy Cycle"
DozBate 11:33, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Replace Man-Eater Bug with Old Vindictive Magician so that you don't have to destroy your own monsters. Replace: The Bistro Butcher for Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, Waboku for Threatening Roar, Trap Hole for Bottomless Trap Hole, Disappear for Soul Release, Tribute to the Doomed for Lightning Vortex, and Common Charity for Hand Destruction. Throw in Heavy Storm, Mystical Space Typhoon, and Premature Burial. Most of those suggestions are just using better versions of the cards in your deck. You should take out about four to five of those monsters because your deck is a little too large. Subcontinental86 14:20, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
I will take what you said into account, but has anyone got more suggestions, i believe that i need another monster of lvl5+ with an effect so has anyone got any idea's on that aswell as any other thoughts?
DozBate 20:01, 9 August 2008 (UTC) add sakruatsu armor
- i am not one of those who are anti random decks, cuz i use to have one too, but even for a random deck, it could be better.
- hyozanryu! hes not good enough. another spiral dragon or frostossurus is btter and add ancient rules. or add another dark blaze and run three masked dragons
- giant soldier of stone? battle foot baller is better than both this guy and soul tiger, cuz what would happen if u get e-coned? disaster
- why did u run a random deck in the beginning?
Jetronix-the-awesome-Monarch 10:20, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- It's random. That means it's bad. 3/5 against neophytes. Chris427 00:54, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
some possibly helpful suggestions
hey i actually think this is a decent random deck. i may have a couple suggestions. you probably have few too many cards, but i wouldn't take them all out of your monsters. also, if you're going to have a random deck with some punishing high level monsters, you need some sure tributes. i suggest the turtle cards. you can set crystal beast emeral tortoise, catapult turtle, and island turtle. i believe they all have 2000 DEF. the goal is to set them, let them get attacked, make your opponent lose a few life points, plus they survive to serve as tributes, without attacking. plus, emeral toroise drops back into your spell & trap zone, allowing you to summon a monster, attack, and if needs be, switch it to defense. if you've got a random deck, then your goal is probably to get the high levels out and overwhelm your opponent, but you're still susceptible to theme decks. i think you should have majic jammer and trap jammer in your deck to protect your high level monsters. and yes, you probably do need another high level. try gravi-crush dragon. he needs one tribute, but brings 2400 ATT to the table, plus i think he can tribute a continual spell card to destroy one monster on the field. if so, then there ya go, because emerald tortoise drops back as a continuous spell card when it's destroyed. hope this helps. i personnally would like to see more random or custom decks, although i think they need to be at least semi-themed. good luck dueling! -Redeemed
- Add your signature after your post. And you're foolish to think a random deck is good. Random is random. Chris427 22:08, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Random is not using a specific attribute, type or archtype to base a deck on. It also not based on beatdown, burn etc.
Random Decks provide a number of strategies by using cards that usually wouldn't be seen together. I accept mine isn't brilliant but it still works, beating such strategies as burn decks, gladiator beasts and on the odd occassion a cyber deck.
DozBate 20:06, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Chef's Eating Contest
- Imagine that there is a contest in which two chefs each have to prepare one competing dish for an eating contest. Both chefs get a bucket of carrots, a bucket of spicy chips, a bucket of ground turkey, and a cheesecake. The first chef loves it all, so he puts a little of everything into the mix.
- The day of the eating contest comes. The first chef unveils his hot carroturcake. The second chef unveils a simple turkey-chip mixture.
- Eater Number One grimaces as he speedily shoves the carroturcake down his throat. He would love to eat each of the pieces of the mix individually, but he cannot. His rival loves the spicy turkey crunch! He's wolfing it down without drinking a thing! The first fellow wishes he could sift carefully through each ingredient, but his opponent won't give him time!
- He could win if he manages, somehow, to be faster than the competition, but he is at a fundamental disadvantage. Get my drift?
Designless Square (talk • contribs) 22:27, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
- In terms of advice, I would suggest removing Darkblaze Dragon, Neo-Spacian Glow Moss, and The Bistro Butcher, as they are drawback-heavy unless you have cards to take advantage of their natures. Hyozanryu, Mad Lobster, "Dragged Down into the Grave" and "Jar of Greed" are rather weak, and I would suggest replacing them.
- This is a suggestion I would like to give to everyone who is making a Deck of random cards. Get three Gene-Warped Warwolf from someone. Random Decks love it.
Oh, yes, and the template for a Decklist is available here.