|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Lists Discussion → Next ban list predictions?|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2693 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Hey I'm just wondering what everyone is thinking on which cards are going to be added, moved or removed from teh ban list this march. My guess is Cyber dragon will be banned because all the first turn stardust or red dragon synchro summon. Any other guesses? —This unsigned comment was made by Sky rider (talk • contribs) 15:51, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Please sign your post with 4 tildes (~). Moreover, I think The Tricky is probably going to be limited. I don't think Cyber Dragon will be banned, however. ._. 126.96.36.199 17:01, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Um, guys, have I just fallen into a parallel universe where Tele-DAD doesn't exist? --Crab Helmet 21:36, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
No, but a Tele-DaD can be easily countered with Tualatin/Athena/Honest OTK, or a well-put together RotA/Mask of Darkness Warrior Deck.
GBs might be limited, but not forbidden.
The last I heard, Breaker and Snipe Hunter were going to the ban list.Kaibaman73 14:29, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- why snipe? he's not THAT used... --Tantara 04:44, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
I feel like the next list will kill my deck
What i,d like to see is this dark armed dragon, judgement dragon, allure of darkness, d-draw, bestari, gyzarus all limited to 1 malicious, e-teleport semi limited unban one of the chaos monsters, eiter bls or ced un limit cyber dragon.188.8.131.52 16:32, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- You're missing the point of this Thread. This is about predicting, not wishing. Just state what you expect, not what you'd like to see.
- Now, as far as I am concerned, I believe the following will take place:
- Unlimited to Limited: Emergency Teleport
- Unlimited to Semi-Limited: Allure of Darkness, Destiny Hero - Malicious, Stardust Dragon, Colossal Fighter, Mezuki
- Limited to Semi-Limited: Ojama Trio, Monster Gate
- Limited to Forbidden: Monster Reborn
- Semi-Limited to Unlimited: Phantom of Chaos
- Semi-Limited to Limited: Card of Safe Return, Rescue Cat
- Forbidden to Limited: Magician of Faith
- Forbidden to Anything Else: n/a
Yes, I "know" that DAD, JD and GB Gyzarus are not to be affected according to my list, and I believe that this is what will happen too.
Hitting COSR hits Lightsworn and Zombies. Hitting Allure and Malicious hits Tele-DAD and DARK Synchros. Hitting E-Tele hits pretty much everything but anti-meta. Hitting Rescue Cat would be a pre-emptive strike on Shiba Warrior-Taro decks. Hitting Monster Reborn hits ALL.
Returning Magician of Faith pumps ALL up. Increasing the copies of Monster Gate will strengthen some older decks (i.e. Six Samurai) who were severely struck last banlist. Increasing the copies of POC and Ojama Trio essentially does nothing.
Now, this is what I see happening - a general nerfing of all current and near-future decks, and a simultaneous return of some recently forgotten decks. This is my opinion on the matter, not my desire. If I was asked what I would want, I'd say to Limit all current decks' powerhouses (DAD, JD, Gyzarus, Mezuki, Krebons, Psy Commander, Stardust, TRA, Colossal, RDA, BRD e.t.c.)...but that ain't gonna happen, so look sharp for the next banlist!! --Darth Covah 19:19, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
My two cents on the subject:
- Unlimited: Not sure anything gets put back at 3.
- Semi-Limited: Allure of Darkness, Destiny Hero - Malicious, Destiny Draw, Reinforcement of the Army, Mezuki, Honest.
- Limited: Rescue Cat, Gladiator Beast Bestiari, Chaos Sorcerer.
- Forbidden: Breaker the Magical Warrior, Crush Card Virus.
I think the next list will be all about slowing down the game to give all decks a chance. However, the list I gave up there will undoubtedly leave Lightsworn and Zombie as the top decks. In the TCG they could semi-limit Charge of the Light Brigade, but I'm not sure that will do much. Also, I reallly think that Gladiator Beast War Chariot is incredibly broken (a costless, searchable, and recyclable Divine Wrath), but I doubt they'll touch it. I will say that I don't know what's going on the Japanese metagame, so I'm not exactly the best predictor of this next list. If somebody could tell me what decks dominate the metagame, then I could give a better prediction. -- Sub 17:27, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Hmmm... let's see.. predicting from further meta, it will go like this.
- Lonefire Blossom semi-unlimited
- Krebons and Psychic Jumper will be touched I don't know but preferably semi-unlimited
- Allure of Darkness, you got that right? semi-unlimited
- Plaguespreader Zombie semi-unlimited or limited
- Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter. Just a feeling.
- Card Trooper back to semi-unlimited
- Rescue Cat will be limited.
- Magician of Faith and Dark Magician of Chaos will not go anywhere...
Likewise... a ban list usually don't touch directly a card but rather touch cards that will get crazy when combined with it so It will hit Krebons instead of Emergency Teleport. It's a mistake to release Allure back to unlimited. Plaguespreader Zombie. even with one, combined with Imperial Iron Wall, zombie rushes greatly. but to forbid it is not likely konami will do. Ryko is a destructive version of Card trooper. this card is more dangerous than Card Trooper switch them and zombiers and lightsworners stil play good. then, Rescue cat does a too big effort to synchros. this cute card maybe have to be kept home. these two spellcasters too,,,,, I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY ROCK!!! when Secret Village of the Spellcasters is played... Neos lover 15:11, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
To name a few in my opinion:
- Plaguespreader Zombie => Limited
- Stardust Dragon => Unlimited (I don't know, I just have a feeling)
- Dark Magician of Chaos => Limited (I wish)
- Gorz the Emissary of Darkness => Will probably remain Limited since it's relatively new
--EgyptianGods 07:22, 1 January 2009 (UTC)