Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki Community Discussion → New Keyword Errata
Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → New Keyword Errata
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
- As we know that "Banish" is where the "Alternate Dimension" exist, we banished them to there. And if we have to make our monster leave the field, then they are "leave the field". And if that's so true, then I can handle the problem with all "RfP" cards, with Admins who volunteered to helps. --FredCat 00:25, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
Probably by renaming the existing pages. Does anyone else feel like this makes Yugioh more like Magic: The Gathering? And on another note, does that mean Cyberdark Horn's text is now correct? Lappyzard (talk • contribs) 00:27, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorta, though I am nearly novice on Magic (just got a deck for it) though Yu-Gi-Oh's rulings still going on it own. As of Pokemon TCG, it has "Lost Zone", this game has "Remove from Play" turning "Banish Zone" and Magic maybe have same name. --FredCat 00:29, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- There's someone asking about this at Talk:Main Page#New Card Text; I suggested a new article for this update ("July 2011 Card Effects update") and would appreciate feedback on my suggestion. We
should also post a notice in Forum:Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries, and wemay even want to post a sitenotice. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 04:30, May 24, 2011 (UTC) updated 04:53, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Site notice is probably a good idea, this is an important discussion. One thing, we do not need to change all the text in anime/manga articles. The English dub/editions used the old terms, so so should the articles (same deal as how we still call Spells Magic in DM articles). Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 04:58, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- That's not an official name, just a catchy title for the series of blog posts explaining what the hell is going on, and there's no reason for us to stick to it (especially since Konami probably won't if they ever refer to this specific event in the future). 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:49, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- It seems to be more than just the title. If you look through the first blog post about it, you see that the term is used 5 times outside of the title. With the way it's used, it seems like that is indeed what it's being called. It's also being called by that name on the judge forum. Burnpsy (talk • contribs) 07:20, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
- I wouldn't use "July 2011 Card Effects update", since the effects themselves aren't changing, just how they're worded. "July 2011 TCG terminology change" would be more appropriate. I don't really like the name "Problem-Solving Card Text", but it seems to be the official name if you check the said five instances in the first blog. -- Deltaneos (talk) 11:59, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
I recall they once pioneered the "Piercing Damage" thing with Cyberdark Horn, but did away with it. Well, at least now the card texts would look less clunky, not to mention dodging of the Fairy Meteor Crush loophole. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 11:32, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Colon and Semi-colons = Good for the people who know what they mean.
- colours = Also good; but I wonder what colour they will make actual Conditions.
- On another note, that would mean eliminate the colours in effect types idea at Forum:Improving "Card Effect Type(s):". -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 07:42, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- The colors were only used for illustrative purposes; the cards will still be printed with black effect text. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 20:41, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, now that I've actually read it word for word; so it represents the same thing; but on the cards, just punctuation is used. ( I was hoping for rainbow text on cards eventually :/ )
- Anyways; have we agree on whether we should change the lores: as they written in the articles, before-hand, or after the actual card has been printed? because some people are changing them already. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 05:32, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't see much of a reason to hold off; the way Tewart was talking strongly suggests the lores he used are accurate to what we'll see on the cards, and it's not like it'd be that hard to correct them if it turns out they're not accurate. I would recommend against updating Card Errata pages yet, though. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 06:15, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I believe this is better left until we actually see some cards. Until then, all we really have is conjecture and speculation. Once we have some lore formats, we can work that into an article.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 10:19, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
So, part five is finally up, covering Special Summoning... and it's looking like we finally get clear in-effect separation between Nomis and Semi-Nomis! Oh happy day! =D --Dinoguy1000 (talk • contribs) as 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:18, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Check back in a few days and we’ll talk about changes to monsters’ Summoning text! - June 1st, 2011
- Wow, that was a long 'few' days. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 05:26, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Tewart must have had his hands full pissing off fans (since, for some inexplicable reason, all the pissed fans seem to be pissed at him, specifically). =3 I bet the Ruling Queries regulars are eating this stuff up, though... it all sounds like it should drastically cut down on the ruling questions. 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 08:27, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Tewart directly interacts with fans on the Pojo forums and so he sometimes directly pisses them off in conversations. From what I've seen (which isn't much mind you, since I rarely visit Pojo and don't post anymore when I do) he defends the rationale for certain translation changes, yells at people for using Japanese game terms to describe anything and takes credit for pretty much all positive and negative changes. If he could get away with it, he'd tell you that "Dark Magician" was always "Dark Magician" and that the Japanese meant "Dark" when they said "Black". That aside, these changes are welcome. Cheesedude (talk • contribs) 14:02, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
Is there a single page on this wiki that explains these new rulings? Is there a page on this wiki where it says what the old way looked like and the new way looks like and explains all the new text changes added? Honestly, I can't learn all of the new text changes from five "blog posts". --22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:16, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Like... the page Problem-Solving Card Text?
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 06:56, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
On the topic of Kevin Tewart hate; some might already know from ; Kevin Tewart says: "Do not use OCG rules as a reference. As I've stated before in this group, Xyz Materials are on the field. Period. End of story. Yes, Tengu leaves the field when he's detached. As I said before."
That would mean: Tour Guide From the Underworld-Sangan, Reborn Tengu, D.D. Survivor, Goblin Zombie and Elemental Hero Absolute Zero can activate their effects in the TCG. (Which is incredibly broken)
On another note, PSZ and Quillbolt Hedgehog will be banished in the TCG.
And since he says Xyz Materials are on the field; there's no reason to why you can't use Tokens to Xyz Summon now... and no reason why you can't use the Xyz Materials for things like Tributes for costs of other cards, and target them with Book of Moon and Raigeki Break in the TCG.Consider it BKSS (in this case, Because Kevin Says So) -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 13:44, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Kevin sure know how to sever the vein to show some blood to us, eh? Or if that making broken - blood to the Japan for not able to get their details we can-? --FredCat 13:55, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't suppose you have a more precise link to that comment, do you Cheesedude? 「ダイノガイ千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 16:59, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Do you have a direct link to that quote Falzar?
- -Resk (✩) 19:40, August 4, 2011 (UTC)