|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Lists Discussion → March 2013 Banlist Predictions|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 458 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
It's been a bit more than two months since the September 2012 list became official, but now that we've had some new archetypes and new cards, I wanted to make this page for anyone's predictions in the upcoming banlist for next March. This is what I think will happen as of now:
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - He's just too powerful; can get rid of any monster and can win duels by himself.
- Monster Reborn - No matter how you justify it, being able to bring back one monster from either player's graveyard at no cost is just too unfair
- Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - This card is more powerful now that Atlanteans are running rampant. Then again, unlike Brio, he has a once per turn restriction. But if Konami doesn't hit this they probrably will hit Marksman or Infantry (see below).
- Sinister Serpent - Too slow for today's meta. It would create too many pluses or discard loops if it was at 2 or 3 (Hand/Card Destruction anyone?), but it's not broken enough to be banned. One is just fine.
- Queen Madolche Tiramisu - This isn't a guarantee, but if you insist hitting Madolches...
- Rescue Rabbit - He isn't as broken as Rescue Cat was, but being able to instantly summon any rank 2-4 XYZ monster is too good IMO. Dino Rabbits can still run 3 gold sarcs, a Sangan, and TGU Leviair anyways. Also abusable in Evilswarms, Dragons, Machines, and Warriors.
- Tragoedia - He's pretty multifunctional, being able to summon himself whenever you take battle damage, he can steal an opponent's monster, and xyz/synchro just about anything you want. He'll be better at one, like his close cousin Gorz, than at 2.
- Atlantean Marksman/Heavy Infantry/Dragoons - Atlanteans are starting to get on my nerves. but if Konami doesn't hit these they probrably will hit Gungnir (see above).
- Torrential Tribute/Bottomless Trap Hole - These cards are more powerful now that Ignition Priority is revoked. If Konami doesn't hit one of these they should hit the other.
- Miracle Fusion - If this isn't limited it should at least be semi'd. Summoning Absolute Zero or Shining from your extra by baishing monsters from your grave is hardly ever fair, not to mention it's free fodder for Shining's second effect, if it's destroyed and sent to your grave.
- Advanced Ritual Art - This card isn't as broken as it once used to be, but setting up your grave with whatever you want in your deck is quite good. It isn't as crazy as it's cousins (like Future Fusion) though.
- Scapegoat - Stall decks aren't topping a whole lot today, and if this is semi'd it might be a good way to slow down the meta.
- (maybe)One for One - As long as GUB (see below) doesn't come back, this might be able to come up to 2 to assist slower decks that revolve around mystic piper, kinka-byo, morphtronics, ect.
- Wind-up Shark/Magician/Rat - Wind-ups are still pretty good, and Shark + Magician on your first turn = spamming like crazy. Any one, or two, of these cards might get hit next March.
- Primal Seed - Since BLS would be banned per this list, this card can come back to 3 again.
- Spore - No one runs more than one, since it only works once a duel. Limiting it was pointless.
- A Hero Lives/E-Call - If Miracle Fusion becomes limited (or semi'd) like I suggested, these two can probrably come back to 3 again.
- Magical Stone Excavation - Who runs this card again?
- Reasoning - See Magical Stone Excavation.
- Glow-Up Bulb - Give plants their Bulb back; all the good synchros are dead anyways.
− Anyone has the right to criticize my predictions, but these are just my personal opinions. If they come out with more broken cards in the coming weeks/months I'll update this list. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:31, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Not sure about Rescue Rabbit, sure it makes a quick Rank 4 summon, but you don't see it in many decks besides Dino-Rabbit, and with 1 less Tour Guide and 1 less Rabbit, the deck has slowed down, and now isn't really taking YCS by storm. Tragoedia not too sure about him, he's good and all, but he's pretty useless in the mid and late games, as his ATK isn't that high, while Gorz gains utility as the game drags on. I agree on the Atlantean thing, they will be hit, in some form, although not sure if Gungnir is the way to go. I want to agree to Torrential in a way, but there are lots of decks that special summon constantly, so having answers to them is useful, although Konami might just hit TT, they'll probably leave Bottomless alone, as it's been at 2 for years. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:46, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Rescue Rabbit is used in plenty of decks. There is Machina Rabbit (Gear Gigant X + Mechanicalchaser), Dino Rabbit (duh), the now new Bahamut-into-Creature Swap/Mystic Box Acid Golem and, of course the infamous Noble Rabbit.--Let the Number take hold! 21:52, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
I find cards like Torrential Tribute annoying when I run into them, but then again, Konami might decide not to hit Torrential next format. Konami semi'd Mirror Force in the September 2012 format, which tells me they're trying to slow down the current metagame. That being said, it doesn't look too likely they'll hit Torrential, since that's a solid anti-spam trap card, like force, but I wouldn't rule it out. With regards to Atlanteans, two other cards that might get hit that I forgot to mention are Deep Sea Diva, since it can search and summon the monsters that can help synchro Gungnir with ease, or Mermail Abyssmegalo, whose effects are quite abusive with Atlanteans. As I mentioned, it's fair Gungnir says once per turn (while Brio doesn't), and you can't discard more than 2 cards, but discarding marksman and heavy infantry to get rid of 4 cards at once is something I just can't get used to. They need to either ban Gungnir or limit marksman/infantry. One other card that might get brought back after being banned for many years is Sinister Serpent. It's not that broken in today's meta IMO. (my IP changed, but I'm the same guy). 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:36, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Updated my list (same as the first IP above), I think this seems about right. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:41, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
My Banned list predictions: Due to the fact that halve the people chose Monster Reborn to be banned will not mean that it will happen because too many people use it! If you take Monster Reborn out of the picture where is the duel. What my main point is that a duel would be totally one sided! I do not think that they would ban this card and so what if this card doesn't have a cost to bring back a monster if you want this card to be banned you either can't get your hands on one or you suck at this game. There should at least be one overpowered card and they already banned halve of them like Pot of Greed and Mind Control, but if they ban Reborn they should at least bring back those two. I Do Not Think They Will Ban Monster Reborn! Italic text Renike2012 (talk • contribs) 02:51, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Pot of Greed is not a "staple"; it's just broken. It's a "win more" spell card every deck would run, and is the exact opposite of slowing down the meta. Also, Mind Control is still at 1; if you mean Change of Heart, same logic as Pot of Greed. Monster Reborn is kinda like PoG and CoH; I don't consider it a staple, but just a broken, game-winning card in of itself. Almost 90% of the time when someone's losing and then they topdeck Reborn(and/or BLS) they turn the duel around and win. I know it's a bit premature to immediately use Reborn or BLS in early-game, but in mid and late game, when all your answers to Reborn/BLS are gone, it's game over when they're dropped, and there's not much you can do to stop them. We have 3 Call of the Haunted and other weaker cards like Autonomous Action Unit that can act as nerfed, fair substitutes for Reborn. Chaos Sorcerer can do the same for BLS. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:03, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
bkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 06:07, February 8, 2013 (UTC)188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:07, February 8, 2013 (UTC) March 2013 banlist might've been leaked by now...see the bottom ofthe page. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:27, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
● Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal - I've seen a friend of mine with my own eyes contruct a deck in such a way that he is able to summon this card consistently (mainly using Lightray Madoor and Chaos Sorcerer). With the addition of Reaper of Prophecy this lass may go out of control, and given how unbelievably powerful her effect is she may just become too much for the crowd to handle.
● Garbage Lord - we've all seen that people aren't really atached to their LP if it means they can get an edge (I'm looking at you, Solemn Judgement). And being able to consistently bring out Adreus and Hearth-Earth? Not to mention no restriction on using it for Synchro? AND a support card to search it? It might just turn out to be the next card everyone will spam, as was the case with Gorz when he splashed onto the scene.
● Aster Drawn - Spellcaster decks have a slew of tools that let them Special Summon low-level monsters easily, so this card could start a craze of explotaition of its draw capacity.
● Lightning Plover - fairly easy to Summon, but has an effect that's devastating to any Special-Summon oriented Deck - Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz etc. . It's essentially the next Brionac, AND it deals with a face-down for free to boot. Giving WIND decks more than one copy could result in too great of an advantage.
● Xyz Tribal - one could argue that the requirement to maintain both Xyz materials is a stringent one, but one must also keep in mind that there are effectless Xyz monsters and they have support cards. If this card stays unlimited, an agonizing meta-deck revolving around them will dominate the scene. I can see it now... Tribal Rabbit-Pearl! (read: I agree that Rescue Rabbit is likely to be limited)
- Garbage Lord I could see, but the cost is really high, maybe at 2, but not 1. Lightning Plover is so not the next Brionac, it's more fair than Brionac, but at 1900, it's probably going to get run over by a Rank 4 Xyz. Xyz Tribal, it seems cool, but it's not like it's impossible to play around. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:54, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I haven't actually seen anybody use Garbage Lord yet, does it already have a Tier-1 potential deck? I can't see Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal being hit personally, she's powerful but somewhat tricky to get out. On that note, I can't honestly think of any ban-worthy cards this format as of yet, except maybe (with improbability IMHO) BLS - EotB and/or one of the Big Three Limited spells. I agree that Plover is pretty hax, but I also agree that it won't be banned immediately, even if it makes a big splash. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:34, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- In terms of Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal, I also can't see her being it. Being Rank 6, she's not as easily made as other Xyz monsters, even if you argue that Prophecy can take advantage of her, there probably not going to run more than 1 and they'll be using stronger monsters like Reaper and Prophecy Destroyer to make her, all to take 1 monster from you and lose 1 card in their hand. Magi might seem broken, but she's technically a fairer version of Mind Control and Monster Reborn. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:31, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- As for Garbage Lord, it's not very useful as there is only one major Dark Rank 5 Xyz monster, which would be Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon or Number 53: Fake-Body God, Heart-eartH, and only Adreus is the better of the 2, as it's easier to summon. However, I think the real value of Lord will be with Synchro decks, he doesn't share the restriction of not being used for a Synchro Summon, like Gagaga Magician does, maybe we'll see him in a crazy new version of Tele-Dad, I mean the search card plus a Dark Tuner and this guy put exactly 3 Darks into your grave, but then again, DAD isn't searchable without Eclipse Wyvern, but the Synchro thing is really what is drawing me toward him. ---Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:37, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, surprising as it is, Garbage Lord is far more exploitable in Synchro than in Xyz. The other thing is that, apart from when you're very low on LP, it can never be a Dead Draw. It does not have any restrictions like Cyber Dragon and the like on when it can Special Summoned. --Eps01 (talk • contribs) 09:32, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not confident enough to make a solid prediction yet, though last format's predictions I made were really damn close. Nonetheless, I am confident to say I don't see many of the above changes. The OCG cards are powerful, but unless they're dominating tournaments (which I do not know the status of, they're not going anywhere.) Rabbit will stay at 2, Torrential and such removal cards will stay around where they are, and BLS isn't going anywhere. Konami clearly wants a more aggressive, more skill-oriented format. And yes, keeping BLS means players have to be skilled enough to combat a card that powerful. I do see Atlantean/Mermails being hit. Djjomon (talk • contribs) 00:34, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm still not absolutely sure about what Mermail/Atlantean cards will get hit, but I'm still leaning towards hitting Marksman and Infantry. Not only are their effects absolutely ridiculous, but they generate a ton of broken pluses. Abyssmegalo could also be hit, if one could view him as the main source for discarding them and using their effects, but if he goes to 1, Marksman and Infantry will likely stay where they are, or go to 2 and not 1. Limiting Abyssmegalo, Marksman, and Infantry is just overkill. Dragoons is also potentially a contender, since he's a card that sets up your hand and instantly makes discarding a +0 in the deck. I'm still confident Sinister Serpent will come back next March; even in Merlanteans, he's not as broken or discard-worthy as Marksman, Infantry, or Dragoons are, and he's probrably not going to break any other meta decks if he comes back, like Tsukuyomi hasn't since it came back last September. Abysslinde ain't goin' nowhere; she's too balanced to be hit. She would be worthy of a hit if she didn't have a once per turn restriction, but she does. Spellbooks, Madolches, Worms and Chromallys probrably won't get hit because they're too weak. Firedances I could see getting hit, but they're relatively easy to counter. Konami also might knock down Sams again; I'm actually surprised they boosted the deck by giving them an extra Smoke Signal after they topped (still topping) at YCS. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:33, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
At this time I think it's to early to be making this list, as we've got two more booster sets to go before the list hits. That said for some of the older cards I can see a few things happening.
BLS - This guy is here to stay.They knocked down Chaos Sorcerer to one to combat his return, so far it's working.
TGU, Wind-Up Shark & Rescue Rabbit - With both TGU and Shark being in the OCG now we could see another hit to any of these cards as the OCG meta has been changed quite a bit by their release.
Salvage - If any water card will be hit it will be this one, at three it's way to over powered. This will be semi-ed or limited there is no question.
Those are my current predictions but as I said it's way to early to be making these predictions. Though as it stands, we are currently in the most balanced meta format for Yugioh in years with more than 10 decks currently holding onto top tier status. Which means the ban is nigh on perfect right now. I'm not saying that it will always be like this, come Cosmo Blazer or Road of the Tachyongalaxy we could get some broken TCG exclusive or an Archetype as broken as Inzektors in Road of the Tachyongalaxy. We don't know, so again this list is far far far to early. Come back in February, then we'll know.--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 19:25, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I forgot Salvage! Yeah, definitely worth considering since it can let you reuse Marksman, Infantry, Diva, Linde, and Attack Squad with no cost to activate it. TGU is fair at 2 IMO; it doesn't need to go to 1. Rabbit to 1, agreed, but Shark seems unlikely; Wind-ups lost 2 Carrier Zenmaighty's last September, so the hand loop is gone and Wind-ups lost a lot of their spamming power by losing 2 Carriers. They're definitely playable and good as they are right now, but if they lose a couple Sharks/Magicians/Rats, they'll be pretty much dead. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:18, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
Sure, Reborn has no cost and is one of the biggest sack cards in the game atm, but it's most likely not going to get banned well, because for one, its Konami we're dealing with here. Also, it's been limited for quite some time now (5 formats I think) and the card is still the same now as it was before. So why would Konami even consider banning it considering it hasn't really changed all that much, if ever? As for BLS, well that's slightly more likely, but it's not winning YCS's or world championships by itself so it probably will remain at 1. Trag at 2 is fine, to stop those OTK's. Miracle Fusion to 2 would probably be enough if you wanted to hit Heroes, and Dragoons would be better to hit since it can search for any Sea-serpent. Sinister should be an obvious choice, but I feel like Konami has probably forgotten about it by now. Spore should be an obvious choice. Yes, Rabbits can still use Sarc, an Leviair, but that doesn't come close to making up for the loss of consistency. Interesting how there's no Wind-Up card there (or maybe it's not), and Madolches don't really need to be hit yet.SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 19:25, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
Oh well my list is this:
- As I mentioned below, there's always someone who wants BLS and/or Reborn re-banned. I don't blame whoever wants those cards gone; they're game-winners by themselves. I agree to either, or both, of them, but it depends... I disagree about your predictions on Mermail-Atlanteans. I highly doubt Abysslinde is going to 1 because it's only a recruiter (with a once per turn restriction). Recruiters never get hit. The problem with the deck isn't linde or sphere it's Dragoons. Undine to 2 is possible, but I don't think it will go to 1. As I mentioned below, Chaos Dragons were practically murdered last banlist by losing Future Fusion and 2 REDMD. Lightpulsar to 1 is taking away all the deck has left to offer. Highly doubt it's gonna happen. Ouroboros and Magi Magi magician gal are pretty difficult to summon and Konami isn't going to hit unnecesary cards that are hard to drop in the first place. Skill Drain to 1, why? Skill Drain is an Anti-Meta card. Anti-Meta cards need to be at 3 to keep the meta slower. Limiting Skill Drain is taking away my main side deck answer to most of today's meta decks. Other than that, I don't see JD getting hit (unless Lumina goes to 3) and no way in hell Honest is going to 2. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:12, December 27, 2012 (UTC)
March 2013 banlist predictions and reasons
Banlist predictions and reasons
Banned: otimate offering - they have enough support from double summon and tinplate goldfish Black Luster Soilder - OTK card Monster Reborn - Being reborn from both grave is too powerful Gate way of the Six - Prevent OTK and search Power or semi six samurai united
Limited: Rescue Rabbit- Still good at 2 genex undine - pluses and destroy your opponent field with atlantean atlantean dragoons
Semi-limited: geargiarmor legendary six samurai - kizan six samurai united Black whirlwind- boost up BW power or help them xyz T.G. Striker- not alot of people run T.g Snoww- searching any darkworlds is too good Gates of Dark World - this card is way too good, even better then allure of darkness and help you pluses if you discard with any darkworlds Gladiator Beast Bestiari Book of Moon- help you protect your monster or prevent otk mermail abysslinde - special any mermails if way too powerful mermail abyssmegalo - discard two water monsters is too easy and plus if you discard atlantean you may even plus more spellbook of secret wind-up shark - instant combo with magician wind-up magician - instant combo with shark wind-up factory - pluses tuning advanced ritual art - don't see any running any ritual lately wall of revealing light - who would play that much to activate this card or will they have enough life point to pay for 2
Unlimited: Spore Chaos sorcerer - if bls Ban
to tell the truth, the only deck i'm affraid to duel against is mermails they can pop all my field, summon like crazy and have alot of cards in their hand. windup not a big problem. dino rabbit is kind of scary cause of laggia and dolka not because of rabbit so if laggia or dolka get hit then rabbit is nothing. chaos dragon is ok just up to their luck "i'm using it" not that much luck. fire fist bring it on.
- I think that Konami will leave most of the format where it is for March 2013 because, tbh, the meta really isn't as out of control as I feared it would be. All of the topping decks at this moment have some kind of consistency issues and limiting the key cards of those decks makes them practically unplayable for the format. As much as I would LIKE to see Rabbit or Dragoons or Magician, ect go to 1, it probrably won't happen because that would pretty much wipe those decks out immediately. Run a Soul Drain and Mermail Atlanteans die, run some Chain Disappearance to kill Rabbits and/or Wind-ups (Or main deck a Maxx "C" to be ready for WUp's game 1); every meta deck has consistency issues of some sort. I really don't expect serious changes until September 2013 (which is usually the case any September anyways). 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:20, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
My Predictions #1
- Elemental HERO Stratos - I think this is nuff said. Konami never really kills a deck, unless it is super broken. Hero Decks will surely slow down if this would be ban.
- Sangan - Well, either this card, or limit TGU to 1.
- Monster Reborn - I really hate the logic of a free revival of a monster from either player's graveyard.
- Tour Guide From the Underworld - Again, either this card, or ban Sangan.
- Rescue Rabbit - Still broken, but not as broken as Rescue Cat
- Mystical Space Typhoon - just a feeling..
- Wind-Up Factory or Wind-Up Shark - Either of the two. Deck is too fast, but not that broken.
- Atlantean Dragoons - Nuff said. Engine is engine.
- Gladiator Beast Bestiari - Not as scary as it was before.
UNLIMITED (None for now)
Well, this is my predictions for now. Feel free to comment. :)
- As mentioned above, MST needs to be at 3 to discourage people from swarming their backrow with tons of trap cards. Aside from MST, the only other staple S/T removal card is Heavy Storm. TGU and Sangan are just fine where they are IMO, as is Bestiari (glad beasts would be really powerful if they had 2 Bestiari's; they could even go straight to tier 1). If you wanted to hit heroes, I would semi-limit Miracle Fusion instead of ban Stratos. Other than that, this list seems pretty reasonable to me. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:04, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Even without MST we have ridiculous quantities of S/T destruction, though most of it is inferior. What if they limit MST to push Night Beam, for instance? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:05, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- MST is the only everyday spashable, fast, and easy way to kill off backrows in today's meta. There are other answers, but those answers are usually weaker and inferior to MST. As Dark Ace mentioned above, Night Beam, Forbidden Lance, and Dust Tornado, ect are only weaker and inferior substitutes for MST, and they just don't cut the bill. I run 3 MST's in almost all of my decks because it forces my opponent to put more thought into how they place their backrow, or how much of it to place. That's why it can't go to 1, because it's the easiest staple around backrows. Konami learned what the concequences of 1 MST were a while back, and they don't intend on facing those concequences again. People will just run massive trap lineups if MST goes to 1 because there won't be an easy answer to those trap lineups. Storm is the only other staple answer to massive backrows atm, but even it can be roaded or THRIO'd. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 01:59, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Even without MST we have ridiculous quantities of S/T destruction, though most of it is inferior. What if they limit MST to push Night Beam, for instance? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:05, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
- [What if they limit MST to push Night Beam, for instance?]
Orly? I would run Dust Tornado before I EVER add Night Beam to my deck. The reasons most people use MST are
1) It does not have to be set unless you want to, but can still be set for next turn (As in your opponents). 2) Can hit FD, or FU cards. 3) Can be activated in response to something (Most likely something that can destroy it, IE; another MST, or a continuous so that it resolves without effect).
Dust tornado covers 2 of those, and Night Beam covers none of those. I have said it before, but the only thing Night Beam really does better than MST (or Dust Tornado for that matter) is kill MSTs.
As for my predictions. I happen to like MST at 3, heavy/dark hole at 1, and monster reborn is annoying, but easily stopped what with 2 Warnings, and a Judgment. I personally feel "MOST" Extra deck cards that are banned could be limited, and we can just up warning to 3, but that is my opinion feel free to ignore it. (I know you already have so shush).
I would not mind Tour Guide back at 3, Reborn and rabbit are fine at 2 not that they bother me too much anyway.
Atlanteans however are my blind spot. I have yet to face them so I don't know how well they work, but just from what I have read about them it seems to me they will need to be hit. From what I have noticed this year Konami doesn't understand the idea of "balanced environment". When each time you release a new archetype and people near instantaneously break it you have some issues to resolve.
- Well, with the Tour Guide thing, it doesn't make sense anymore, Tour Guide's main job is to search out Sangan, which is already limited, and 3 TG make it easier to draw into and easier to get to a Limited card, which truthfully isn't really limited as Tour Guide makes it a quick and easy find, so that's why Tour will probably stay at 2, plus the 2 Tour Guide definitely was 1 half of the hits that made Dino-Rabbit a little less threatening. Also in response to the "balanced environment" comment, I think Konami does understand what a "balanced environment" is, but let's face it, Mermails and Atlanteans are probably one of the best things to happen to WATER decks in years, even after all the hits are said and done, I think that a solid WATER attribute deck will still be in some form viable, but in a another form, much like how Inzektors are still fairly a solid deck, even with Hornet and Dragonfly limited. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 04:50, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree, I think Konami did a good job last banlist, they made the right move on the decks they hit. They did an awful job in March, just outright killing plants while leaving rabbits, wind-ups, inzektors and chaos dragons untouched, but in September, the meta got really balanced. I realy like the format we're in right now, it forces me and others to put thought and skill into our decks so we can make them viable without any game-breaking cards. Even without Future Fusion and 3 REDMD, my chaos dragons can still otk and can still make gustav max with galaxy queen's light on REDMD or Trag. It takes a lot of thought and skill to make a deck like that, and I think Konami wants everyone to build their decks with skill so it's harder to break the game. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:04, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
I am not saying TG needs to be at 2. Just that I would be fine with it. The decks that get to me most (Atlanteans excluded) would be Inzektors, and Chaos Dragons. Even with Hornet limited it does not change much for me as they can get it into the graveyard easily, and doing so give most of their monster the effect Once per turn: Destroy something on the field...
Another thing is that even with dragon fly limited his effect (to me at least) seems reminiscent to Substitoad. Sure it's effect is far weaker, but combos with other cards on another level (The most obvious, as well as common, being the above mentioned hornet).
Chaos dragons abuse a loop (The problem I had with pre-September wind ups who literally sucked the fun out of the game through a straw) where I either have a way to banish cards or deal with the same monsters over and over. Grepha is another problem I have, but at least when I kill him he is gone for a turn, and not gonna bring anyone else out.
Chaos Dragons got beat pretty badly what with the loss of Future Fusion, AND 2 REDMD, but like with Hornet it really only takes one to annoy the crap out of you.
- I doubt Konami is going to touch inzektors again, because while dragonfly can swarm the field and hornet can easily be dumped if it's at 1, you can't compare Dragonfly to Substitoad or Mind Master, ect. Substitoad and Mind Master are just stupid, badly designed cards that can mill your entire deck in one turn, with no once per turn restriction. Dragonfly is fair in the fact that you can only equip Hornet to him once per turn. Yes you can equip him with other cards like Giga Mantis, Giga Weevil, and Inzektor Sword Zektkalibur, but imagine if Dragonfly could equip hornet as many times as you wanted to per turn. If that could happen, he'd be banned by now. If Dragonfly didn't have a once per turn restriction on his first effect, he would swarm your field and make lethal otk's faster than you'd think. Konami didn't kill any decks last September; they just wanted to hurt the consistency of these decks by limiting/banning cards that needed it. Even so, I highly doubt Konami is going to touch Dark Worlds because everyone's side decks hate them today (Macro, Shadow-imprisoning, Soul Drain, D-Fissure, ect). You're right, it only takes one Hornet/REDMD to loop in certain decks like Inzektors or Chaos Dragons, but it's better than having it at 3, which brings a lot of extra consistency. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:37, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
Personally I feel that wind up magician should be banned or at least limited wind ups have bad their time and for those who argue against me think about it remember the windup hand destruction? Now we have shark OTK they're too broken
- IMO Konami should have just limited Wind-Up Rat last September instead of limited Carrier Zenmaighty. Limiting Rat would not only stop the hand loop but it would also slow down the shark-magician combo first turn. Limiting Carrier didn't kill wind-ups it just changed their focus to XYZ (rank 5) spam cards. I do think Wind-ups will get hit again, but I don't exactly know how. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:19, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 Banlist
We are now halfway through the September 2012 format, and I'm starting to think about the banlist for the next format... My (ideal) list isn't complete, but this is what I have.
•Monster Reborn (It's way too good. It basically ruins the game mechanics.)
•Gateway of the Six Samurai (Opening with this basically says, "Hey, I've got Game 1. Let's go into Game 2, shall we?")
•Wind-Up Zenmaines (Either this, or make it limited. I know that most people run 1 anyway, but Inzektor players like summoning this A LOT)
- And yes, I don't think BLS should go.
•Premature Burial (If Reborn is hit, I think this may have a chance of returning.)
•Genex Undine (This card gives so much flexablilty towards Atlanteans, it's not even fair! If you open with this first turn, it nets you a plus two. Opening with this turn 2 let's you pop any card on the field, and sets up yourGraveyard for Moulinglacia.)
•Lightpulsar Dragon (Although Chaos Dragons were hit, Lightpulsar still allows so much flexibility towards the deck)
•Wind-Up Shark (This card is too derpy. Either this, or Wind-up Rat AND Magician.)
•Inzektor Dragonfly (It seems fair to bring it back.)
•Snoww, Unlight of Dark World (Every Good Deck has a limited or semi-limited search card, so Dark Worlds should be hit, unless it's a bad deck :p)
•Mermail Abyyslinde. Nuff said.
•Chaos Sorcerer (Chaos Sorcerer isn't THAT broken. Why was it even Limited in the first place?!)
•Left Arm of the Forbidden One." (Just for LOLs, I want to play Rabbit Exodia with Birdman.)
No longer on list.
•Reborn Tengu (With FireKings and more Beast-Warrior support, I believe that Tengu may come back. Besides, I want plants to come back.)
•Spore (Really, Konami, limiting this card is pointless.)
•Glow-Up Bulb (Plants were punished too much. They should come back.)
- I'm not sure if reborn for Premature is a fair trade. Premature, unlike reborn, is an equip spell and is spammable through cards like Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier and falcon of mist valley. You also have 3 hidden armory's to search and/or reuse it. The fact fire kings and fire fists were released is all the better reason to keep tengu at 2, since giving you 3 would lead to crazy synchro/xyz summoning. Banning Gateway is killing Six Sams, which are possible to play around even with Gateway at 1. Same goes with DW's, which are easy to side against in games 2 and 3. GUB is highly debatable; it's a free, non-cost tuner that you can revive whenever you want, but it can only work once a duel. I personally don't see Zenmaines getting hit; it's relatively easy to get off the field with compulsory and d-prison, as well as Solemn Warning. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:04, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
Lightpulsar to 1 kills the deck. Seriously, Chaos Dragons don't need to be hit more than they have already. Shark is a possibility, but Magician is probably a bigger one. Wind-Up Factory should be hit too since if Black Whirlwind is gonna be at 1, Factory should be at 1 too since it can be triggered during either players turn and can search out anything, unlike whirlwind which is only on Normal summons and only with less ATK than the summoned monster. Dragonfly is going to remain at 1 probably, if anything Hornet would go to 2 since its not as much of a problem as Dragonfly is. Reborn has been the exact same card and has done the exact same thing(s) for the past 5 formats or so, so there is no reason for Konami to ban this card if it hasn't improved. I Like that you say that BLS shouldn't go since its not the only card that win games single-handedly. Left arm to 2 would be rather funny although it's probably not going to happen. Tengu is going to remaining at 2 with its "play it and im good for the next 2-3 turns" mentality. Spore should be an obvious choice...although its probably not so obvious to Konami. as For Glow-Up Bulb, its far too splashable. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:34, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Prrsonally I didn't care about Glow-up Bulb in the first place. Bulb wasn't the biggest problem at hand, sure it can revive itself once, but ONLY once...in an entire duel. That's just not convenient enough for it to be banned...it just isn't. Yeah it's a neat way to get a monster on your field, but synchro decks as a whole have significantly dwindled in popularity now that Brionac, Trishula, and Future Fusion (well, for chaos dragons/Chimeratech/Worm Zero moreso than FTQuasar) are banned now. They're still playable, but not game-breaking anymore, and even if Bulb does come back, with the aforementioned cards now banned, it wouldn't be as powerful as earlier. Also, with regards to the "splashable" comment on Glow-up Bulb, it's not a staple in any non-synchro deck. I sometimes used it in frognarchs as fodder for Caius or Creature Swap, but I find Treeborn Frog and Ronintoadin better than Bulb in both cases, since they can come back more than once and have other options avaliable too. Monster Reborn is a game-winning card in of itself and like Pot of Greed when it was around, everyone uses Reborn. It's a staple, but not everyone (myself included) believe it's a necessary staple, like Dark Hole and Heavy Storm. That's why it has a chance to get banned. There are plenty of "fair" substitutes for Reborn, like there are for Pot of Greed. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:16, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
Re: March 2013 Banlist
We are now halfway BLS should go.
Single card restricting
In my opinion, this is what single card I think should be in the Forbidden/Limited Card list (or restricted) for March 2013. Rated by abbreviations.
- "Judgment Dragon" to L. Reason: Even though it is my favorite card, it should be Limited because it is too easy to summon if you have a "Lightsworn" deck. Also, you need four different "Lightsworn" Monsters monsters for it to be summoned from your hand without tributing, and no monsters are banished from play in the process. Also, you must pay 1000LP to nuke all other cards on the field. Sure you lose LP for doing that but since Chaos Numbers came out, doing that is easier to activate their special abilities. If you are wondering how you can summon a Number C, use "Monster Reborn" to bring out a Level 4 monster, then normal summon another Level 4. After that, overlay them to Xyz Summon Number 39: Utopia. Then use Utopia for a Chaos Xyz Evolution and Summon Number C39: Utopia Ray. Then detach all Xyz Materials from Utopia Ray for it to gain 500 each (if possible). That can easily kill your opponent.
- Judgment Dragon definitely has a chance to go on the banlist again, but it's not on the list any longer for a few reasons. If you see the Forum:Reasons why cards are Forbidden/Limited, the removal of ignition priority, the increase of anti-special summon cards for chaos monsters, and Lightsworns not taking nationals/YCS by storm anymore is why Judgment Dragon is no longer on the banlist. It's basically the key card of Lightsworns, and hitting it hurts the deck a whole lot when the deck isn't even topping anyways. Some say Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, which is currently at 2, should go to unlimited while Judgment Dragon goes to 2 or 1. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:32, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
my march 2013 prediction
my march 2013 banlist prediction
Monster reborn: staple card that everyone plays that is just too good it sets up wins far to easily and changes the tide of the game
Black luster solder envoy of the beginning : Again card that is way too good as a top deck.
Inzektor dragonfly: having played inzektors i feel they hit the wrong card with this to one but i dont see konami going back and hitting centapede so this has possiblilty of getting hit.
(also i do not think that rabbit or mermails or fire suport will get hit due to the new sets and them wanting to sell product.)
limited premature burial: with reborn gone this card can come back.
one day of peace: way too good of a stall card and think that any card that gives a player that much of a stall needs to be hit.
rekindling: needs to be hit but i am truely doubting it will get hit. but lavavals use this card way too much to get quazar dragon
wind up factory: searchers get hit and its the searcher for wind ups
wind up magician/ shark: one of the two need to get hit to slow them down.
Atlantean dragoon: doubt it will but again most good decks the searchers get hit
rescue rabbit: i dont think it belongs banned. at one i think is balanced
evilswarm bahamut: far to easy to get out and abuseable
snoww, unlight of the darkworld: again good deck searchers get hit
call of the haunted: why the hell is this at 3
semi tsyakyomi: who the hell even plays her? she wasnt worthy of being banned and i dont think she should be limited too the game is too fast for her now
dragged down to the grave: royal tribute is already on the semi limited list so this belongs here too
lonefire blossom: glow up is gone spore is at one let plants have some life give them the blossom
mst: more balanced not as much backrow hate
mermail abysslinde: special summoner but dont think she will get hit to one yet the deck is too new
gladiator beast bestiari: not too threatening now but not to sure on this one.
wall of revieling light: you pay life and with mst and heavy in the game it dont pay to pay for this card 05:12, January 10, 2013 (UTC)~~
- I don't know about Evilswarm Bahamut, sure it's got a good effect, but it can't really be seen in any deck besides evilswarms and even they are only an anti-meta archetype, easily beaten head-on with other xyz decks such as Wind-ups. Call is fine at 3; most good decks wouldn't opt to run more than 2 Call of the Haunted, due to it's slower speed and limited revival options, as well as strict conditions on usage. Wall of Revealing Light is probrably going to stay at 1 because of Hope for Escape Exodia. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:00, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Reborn and BLS have established their positions on the limited status since Reborn has been doing the exact same things the past 5 formats, and if course hasn't been moved since then, so there's no reason to suddenly ban it now. BLS can win games by itself and is a great top-deck but Konami likes game breakers and there are many other great top decks out there that can single-handedly win games, even if they are less splashable, but its not about winning just a few games by top decking those cards. You are only going to go so far in a big tournament just by getting BLS or Reborn at the right time...eventually your luck will run out and/or someone will definitely have an answer to the card. Premature won't come back because it's searchable and recyclable with Hidden Armory and it doesn't destroy the monster if it leaves the field. I do agree with Factory and Magician, also Dark Worlds haven't been putting consistently good showings at tournaments to be hit considering they are really easy to side against, and that Macro Rabbit is one of the top decks this format. Call is at 3 because it is slow, and is easily destroyable by the amount of back row destruction. I do agree with Tsukuyomi for sure and Lonefire to a certain extent. Dragged down is probably going to stay at 3 since Tribute was hit because GK's were winning a lot of YCS's at some point before. MST needs to remain at 3 because it is the answer to most side-decked cards used against a player, and against other things too. Dust Tornado and Night Bean don't cut it because DT can't be chained from the hand and it's slow, while Night Beam is useless when you are up against Skill Drain, Soul Drain, decree or Macro. Bestiari at 2 would likely make GB's tier 1 again, it may questionably make the deck too good again since it gives it way to much back row destruction. For Wall of Revealing Light, same as whatever the guy above said. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:51, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, with regards to Bestiari, Glad Beasts technically already have 4 Bestiari's because Gladiator Proving Ground, their version of ROTA, is at 3, so they're fine where they are right now. Aside from that, I doubt One Day is getting hit because it makes lesser played decks more playable, like Countdown and some Exodia variants, and Rekindling is probrably going to stay at 3 since Lavals aren't storming nationals as we speak. Even with 3 copies of Rekindling, it's still not easy to drop Shooting Quasar in a single turn. Tsukuyomi might go up to 3 this March for all I care, but it might create loops if it's at more than 1. It's up to Konami on that one. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:38, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Here's my list!
- Black luster solider -Envoy of the beginning
This card has been around for a bit, and it has "Screwed" With the meta. I personally see this card too often, And because of "LCYW" This card is now More common and I Really like this card, but it need's to go! You can run this card in almost any deck these days, All you need to add is "Tour guide" And "Effect Veiler" And there you have a chaos engine!
- Monster reborn
Is your "Black luster solider -Envoy of the beginning" Just been dark holed? The re-wording on The chaos monsters allow them to be special summoned with "reborn" and it's for free!
- Card destruction
Future fusion for dark world, but beastlier!
- Wind-up Shark
Makes shock master easy to summon. And plus, Wind-up got better after the ban list.
- Rescue Rabbit
Makes people's deck idea very similar to others. No creativity!
- Tour Guide
Read Rescue rabbit!
- Lonefire Blossom
Plants were hurt at the limiting of this card.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:March_2013_Banlist_Predictions?action=edit§ion=new# And so they lost GUB and now need some more love and care.
We only use this card once, too make shooting star, But yet we don't see this card Because of XYZ
- One for one
Who plays Rank one XYZ monster? The game At the moment is based around XYZ. This card would help slow down the format.
- Card trooper
- Royal Tribute
- Magical stone excavation
- If you wanted to boost plants, I would just bring Bulb back altogether. There were some otk's you could do with that card, but those otk's are impossible now that Trishula, Future Fusion, and Brionac are all banned. Synchro decks as a whole are much less powerful now and they would not be tier 1, let alone 2, if they got bulb back. Royal Tribute is fine at 2; GK's would be too good if they were allowed 3 copies. Card Trooper can be searched with Machine Duplication, so I think it's staying at 2 as well. Excavation isn't used that much anymore and it can probrably go to 3 in the upcoming banlist. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:45, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
The march 2013 banlist is underway and I feel that EVERYONE feels the same way about dark world, windups, mermails, and most importantly rescue rabbit. (hint hint, kill those retarded decks)
But I feel that EVERYONE is forgetting a couple of details...
Rescue Cat. Okay, maybe this is a bit random, but honestly, when is the last time x Sabres were top tier?(ik that they're good, but still not up there) And really, with rabbit dolkka and all that stuff, I feel that this might just be a reasonable limitation.
Trishula (BRIO is gone. This card should be back.)
Night Assailant (really, what's this doing at 1?)
TG Striker (Ik that it's good, but it honestly doesn't belong at 1)
- All those cards have a (good) reason to be Forbidden/Limited, check Forum:Reasons why cards are Forbidden/Limited to see why. --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 03:05, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I could be somewhat ok with Trish, T.G. Striker, or even Mezuki going up. However, Rescue Cat will never come back nowadays (crazy loops with Uniflora, Mystical Beast of the Forest) and Night Assailant at 2 leads to crazy hand loops, like infinite field clearing with Snipe Hunter. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:07, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- The meta isn't really that out of control tbh, and I wouldn't expect any significant changes all of a sudden this upcoming banlist. The March banlists are usually more subtle than the September ones since all the decks that come out in March are new and we don't see any big nerfs until September. The only decks I think will really get hit are Wind-ups and Mermail Atlanteans, but even that's not a gurantee since even I've beaten them several times before by siding in the right cards. Rabbits could lose 1 more Rabbit, but that would really hurt their consistency. Dark Worlds aren't getting touched because they're too easy to side against (Macro, d-fissure, Shadow-imprisoning, ect). They're only good game 1, but near useless in games 2 and 3. Mezuki at 2 could lead to lots of crazy summons in Zombie decks, especially with Zombie Master, like 2 Bestiari's in Glad Beasts would lead to way too much backrow destruction. If you wanted to boost Synchros, I would just bring Glow-up Bulb back; Trishula should stay banned. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:03, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I could be somewhat ok with Trish, T.G. Striker, or even Mezuki going up. However, Rescue Cat will never come back nowadays (crazy loops with Uniflora, Mystical Beast of the Forest) and Night Assailant at 2 leads to crazy hand loops, like infinite field clearing with Snipe Hunter. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:07, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
To clear something up about BLS and other stuff.
I just want to say that it doesn't matter how much we want Dark Hole/Heavy Storm/Reborn, Shark Rabbit, BLS and Gateway to go, they will all stay where they're at (except for Rabbit, it may go to 1)
What you don't understand is that these cards are all really good in the game, but too good for the game dynamics. But they will probably NEVER leave te game. And the reason for that is that they're all basically moneymakers for Konami. No joke. Even though Reborn/Hole/Storm are relatively cheap, they all basically make money for Konami. So don't get your hopes up. :(
- Seeing as the only way Konami can make money off of these cards is by reprinting them in Gold Series, I doubt that's really a reason they still exist. Also, they aren't too good for game dynamics, whatever the heck that means, the cards are all still here because they teach and cause players to be more careful. Let's face it, overextending and playing a bunch of monsters only to have the field cleared by a Dark Hole, it's devastating, and teaches you to not make silly plays without a real reason. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:43, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Although Monster Reborn and BLS and other cards like that are OP and broken, like it has been said before, it's not like you can rely on winning a tournament just because of those cards. Even so, if Konami banned Monster Reborn, it would be a smack in everyone's face because a lot of decks have combos and loops that are impossible to pull off without Reborn, and everyone runs the card. I guess Konami doesn't like to ban staple spell cards like Storm, Hole, and Reborn (or deck exclusive cards like Gateway of the Six, Infernity Launcher, and Black Whirlwind), because in reality they might be making the game more balanced than it would be if they were banned. If Monster Reborn got banned, we'd all have to run weaker, inferior substitutes like Call of the Haunted and Autonomous Action Unit, and recovering monsters would be a lot harder and slower. Heavy Storm can't go because it's the main answer to decks that do the "set 5 backrows then end their turn" strategies. Dark Hole does the same, except it applies for massive monster spamming first turn. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:20, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
My March 2013 Banlist predictions
- BLS – Fast to play, Strong and 2 broken effects for choose. But maybe not yet.
- Pot of Avarice – It gives you almost a new hand, not to mention that it can return some useful monsters to the deck. And its like pot of greed, but you must have 5 monsters or more in your grave to play, which it's not so difficult. So it's possible it will get ban.
- Dark Armed Dragon – Similar to BLS and Sorcerer, but you don’t have to banish cards from the grave to summon it and it can also use its eff frequently if you got many dark monsters in the grave, but it's very useful in decks with many dark monsters. However the chances to get ban are very low, since it's great in decks that are out of meta, like Blackwings. So maybe not ban for now.
- Monster Reborn /Dark Hole/Heavy Storm – Very low chance to ban this 3 cards. Im just mentioning them because they are some of the broken cards that everybody mentions in any banlist predition. But to be honest, I think they will never get ban, because they are helpful against meta decks.
- Rescue Rabbit – It's possible to get limited, since it’s a fast card to make easy XYZ or possible synchro summon. Im not sure if it goes limited yet.
- WU Rat – Very useful and broken for easily summon WU for XYZ (or possible Synchro). Also make a great combo with WU Rabbit.
- Abyss-Sphere - Very powerful in Mermail deck. Makes a great combo with Abysslinde, even if its hit by MST you can chain if possible.
- Advanced Ritual Art – Not so playable anymore, since ritual decks are out of Meta, except Herald of Perfection Deck, but most of those decks won't use this card.
- Wind-up Factory – In my opinion, this card should have been semi-limited since September 2012 banlist, since wind-up remain on the top, even with Carrier at 1.
- WU Magician/Shark – Would be fair at 2, just to slow and low the chances of WU swarming.
- Mermail Abysslinde – Not sure. Many decks just run 2, so I guess there is no reason to run at 2 for now.
- Atlantean Dragoons- Fast search in Atlantean/Mermail deck. Makes a great combo with Genex Undine or Mermail Abyssspike.
- Inzektor Dragonfly – Quite possible to run at 2, since inzektores lost their consistence on September 2012 Banlist.
- Tsukuyomi – A few decks run this card since his returning from Ban cards. It's possible it will run at 2 on this next Banlist.
- T.G. Striker – Makes great combos in TG decks, which are not on the Top. I think its fair to run at 2.
- Chaos Sorcerer – If BLS it's limited, why is this card at 1? It’s a little bit worst then BLS. Even if BLS gets Ban, I think it's fair to put this card at 2 anyway.
- Spore – Lets give a chance to the plant decks. It's not so broken since glow-up is Ban. Its effect can only be used once per duel, so no one runs more than one, except to get more chances to play it...
- Book of Moon – Most of the meta decks don't play this card more often than before, I think...
- Scapegoat – A few meta decks play this card, since it was very useful for Synchro monsters on the past formats.
- Mezuki – It's possible, since zombie decks are not currently meta. Also if Burial D.D. runs at 1, i think it still won't make a dangerous combo for swarming.
- Magical Stone Excavation – This card it's not so dangerous anymore, even in morphing jar or exodia decks.
- Reborn Tengu – It's hard to make this decision, because no one runs this card at 2, but if it goes at 3 it will be very useful, maybe to much. Its like DH Malicious. If this goes unlimited, it's unfair to remain DH Malicious at 2. So it will probably stay at 2.
- DH Malicious – Same as Reborn Tengu.
- Primal Seed – Only if BLS gets ban again.
- Card Trooper – Machine Duplication it’s one of the reason why this card runs at 2. But it's probably not so dangerous nowadays. Maybe it has a chance to run at 3.
- Reasoning – Not so useful nowadays. Maybe it will run at 3.
- I think Bls to 0 for Chaos Sorcerer at 2 is a fair trade, and everything else here seems possible, but not all of them. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:06, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Ban List Predictions
• Gateway of the Six (Ouroboros Loop along with the shenanigans it does with Samurais which everyone is familiar with, although even then it's questionable since more than Gateway is needed for the loop, and Six Samurais haven't done anything this format, other than win 1 YCS out of nowhere.)
I do think another card or two will get forbidden, but I don't have an idea of what they could be yet, and no I do not think Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning or Monster Reborn will be one of them.
• Genex Undine (+2)
• Atlantean Dragoons (Generic searcher)
• Wind-Up Magician (Too good with Shark, too easy to get both in hand)
• Wind-Up Factory (Should be at 1 if Black Whirlwind is since it can be triggered during either player’s turn, has no restriction on what you can search and multiple copies of it stack, although if Whirlwind comes back to 2 then this card would be fine at 2)
• Rescue Rabbit (Macro Rabbit is topping, but this is rather questionable since this would probably put the deck off the map immediately)
• Sinister Serpent (Brionac is Banned so there’s no reason for this to be still forbidden)
• Black Whirlwind (Gateway is far better than Whirlwind yet they are both at 1? Factory is even better than this card, yet it’s at 3? Seems Legit.)
• Formula Synchron (This wasn’t the problem, Glow-Up Bulb and Fishborg Blaster were)
• Primal Seed (Hasn’t even been played, although if at 2 it could be enough for the Macro Loop.)
• Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind (There are a lot of cards better than this card that are at 2 or 3, such as Judgment Dragon)
• T.G. Striker (Doesn't need to still be at 1)
• Tsukuyomi (Still isn’t played)
• Monster Gate (Not used a whole lot, and mostly/entirely luck-based although it can combine well with Lavalval Chain)
• Book of Moon (People use Compulsory, Bottomless, Fiendish Chain and Forbidden Lance more than this card)
• Spore (Doesn't change anything)
• Magical Stone Excavation (Doesn’t see play, is a -2 and a bad top-deck late game without cards in hand)
• Summoner Monk (Not used much)
• Pot of Duality (Card is balanced)
- Monster Gate would be too good in Hieratics if it was at 2. Sinister Serpent should've been unbanned a long time ago. He should come back. Duality adds a lot of consistency and sets up for big plays. It's fine at 2. I wouldn't boost blackwings so much as to semi both whirlwinds, because they would be able to spam really fast and make otk's with ultimate offering or double summon with black whirlwind. Monk would create too many xyz summons at 3, if it doesn't already at 2. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:56, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Yes sure Blackwings could OTK that way, but so can Madolches, but those aren't going to get hit so the 2 Whirlwinds at 2 would at least give them a chance to do something. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 19:59, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Another possible solution could be to unlimit Kalut, but that's almost like semi-limiting honest; it might create otk's as well. Search cards thin your deck, and double whirlwind makes it easier to search your blackwings, and it's got no restrictions like once per turn. Madolches could otk with offering, but ticket is once per turn, while black whirlwind isn't, and wind-up factory, while also once per turn, is only for that copy (unlike ticket), so 3 copies of factory=3 searches per turn, and it can be either players turn (dem wabbits). Sams aren't taking nationals by storm, other than winning one YCS out of nowhere this format, they haven't been taking over the game by storm. They're fine with one gateway and shi-en (and double smoke signal), but banning gateway or shi-en basically kills the deck. When it comes to synchros, I want bulb back since they killed trish and brio. That's a good way to give them a boost since no one uses it outside of synchro decks and it only can revive itself once per duel anyways. IMO it's not ban-worthy since it can only work once per duel. The other two banned tuners (Fishborg and Mind Master) have no restrictions on the number of times they can use their effects, and they create otks/ftks by themselves. Bulb did have some synchro otk's, but the otk's with bulb are impossible without Brio, Trish, and FF, so I see no reason for Bulb to stay banned. T.G. Striker at 2 might be a bit crazy since you can special summon it from your hand (then special summon warwolf) and instantly bring out hyper librarian without even taking up your normal summon. I.E. T.G. Quasar might be an issue with double striker. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:08, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Banning Gateway does not kill the deck whatsoever because the deck certainly does not rely on that 1st turn +6 million advantage; its just there because it's an auto-win. Banning Shi-En would kill the deck though, although yes Gateway can remain at 1 since Samurais aren't killing YCS tournaments. Also, Blackwings don't have a Magileine. I use both decks, and even though Ticket is only once per turn, you can re-use the Magileine's by recycling them with Tiaramisu or activating Madolche Chateau, and with Offering you summon even more monsters than if you did the Offering stuff with Blackwings. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 02:35, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I wouldn't say gateway to 0 "kills" six sams, but it hurts the consistency of the deck way too much. Smoke Signal to 1 also hurts their consistency quite a bit (Hence why Konami brought it up to 2 last March), and Madolches can recycle their cards with Tiramisu, Magileine, and Chateau for otk's, but even so, it's pretty much impossible to otk in either blackwings or Madolches without offering. With offering at 1, neither deck is taking nationals or YCS like there's no tomorrow, so I dont think either deck will be hit, but bringing Black Whirlwind up to 2 might be all that's needed to make Blackwings a tier 1 deck again, like (as I said above) Bestiari to 2 would for Glad Beasts. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:09, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Summoner Monk at three gives me Shock Master or powered up Alchemic Magician with a Strength of Prophecy ready to slam, two Rank 4 XYZ monsters on my first turn or a Rank 4 XYZ and a Level 6 Synchro Monster (with Road Synchron for Tempest Magician OTK) or Level 8 Synchro Monster (probably Stardust Dragon or Scrap Dragon). It is very unlikely that they'll make Summoner Monk unlimited or it'll be a field day and a lot of angry players. -- TheDesertRunner (talk • contribs) 14:18, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
Banned Sangan:To get Exoida Witch of the Black forest:Same reason as Sangan Monster Reborn: Way too much power Effect allows you to get a oppenets or your monster back with no cost. Bad Idea if Komini didn't ban it. Black Luster Soilder-Evory of the Begining:First thing It's like Choas Eporor Dragon it can win duel by itself. Limiter Removal:That is how you get Cyber Dragon OTKs Limited: CONFISCATION: Why confiscation it only allows you to destroy one monster IMPERIAL ORDER:Why isn't MST (Mistical Space Typoon) Banned? SINISTER SERPENT:It's pretty powerful but not as powerful to get It banned Semi-Limited SCAPEGOAT:why the heck is this limited when anybody can Stop Defense it? That it anyone can add I will add it
Sorry about the messyness but I hope you can read it. but i can't find MEGAMORPH on the Ban list so MEGA morph is banned.
- Witch of the black forest is already banned. Confiscation is an annoying hand control card no one likes, and can be comboe'd with cards like mind crush to hurt them very hard on the first turn. If Imperial Order came back, my god traps would be everywhere. Imperial Order+4 other backrows=near perfect lock. You even have the option to lift the spell lock by not paying 700 for possible otk's. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:56, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Wait did you say "why isn't MST banned?" That should be obvious. It's to counter the amount of back row that may be used. MST at 1 allowed many players to go wild and set 5 back rows at will, therefore MST at 3 is not going to change. If it was a bad Idea not to ban Reborn, then why was no one saying that 4-5 formats ago, when it was limited at that time too? If no one was saying that it was a bad idea if it wasn't banned, I don't see why it suddenly can transform into a "bad idea" now since it always summoned a monster from either graveyard without a cost. Scapegoat at 2 will make the Phantom Beastcraft plane deck far too good. for Imperial Order they would just play it on the opponent's turn, then when it comes to their own standby they will not pay the maintenance cost so they can activate spells on their turn. The things similar to BLS is, the reason you posted, they are "envoy" monsters, they are chaos monsters, they must 1st be Special summoned from the hand by banishing 1 Light & 1 Dark from the grave, they have 3000 atk/2500 def, and they are level 8. Out of those things, none of them would make BLS get banned. Sure BLS can win a game or two by itself, but you will never win a YCS solely relying on BLS. Also BLS at 0, and Chaos Sorcerer at 1 is a terrible idea. Machine decks aren't even topping at the moment...there's no reason to ban limiter removal. Assuming that you added Megamorph to the forbidden list, that will never happen either because it doesn't see play. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 07:14, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
A card that I wish was at 3.
Dewloren to 3: I recently built this INSANE mist-valley-Blackwing-genex-Birdman-Atlantean spam deck, which focused on getting Zephyros and thunderbird and gale and dewloren out all at the same time and OTK your opponent. And it was AMAZING!! It spammed dewloren and killed off any pesky monsters (BLS, hint-hint) and each time, I made 3 level 6 Synchron, 2 being dewloren. However, my third was always something like Gaia knight, and EVERY time I didn't put enough damage on board, unless my opponent left their field blank (gorz, anyone?). Anyway, it was so good because it allowed me to overextend while still remaining plus in the hand. However, the fact that I could not OTK every duel (and yes, I could OTK every duel, [if only dew was at 3]because the deck was consistent) made me VERY sad. And I wondered, why is dewloren at 2?!? I mean, yes, there was a loop back then that was pretty nasty, but it involved Trishula, who is banned. So please, if there is another reason why dewloren is at 2, please tell me!!
- The fact it can loop with Symbol of Heritage at 3 is enough a reason to keep it at 2, but it can also reuse cards like call of the haunted and fiendish chain as well. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 13:56, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
My predictions / not realistic though
Banned I have no idea, nothing I see should be banned at the moment. NO BLS OR MONSTER REBORN YOU BIG DUMBS, BLS DECKS HAVENT REALLY TOPPED, NOR IS REBORN UNBALANCED. YOU’RE JUST SALTY.
• Chaos Emperor Dragon – Envoy of the End – All the hate I feel coming from you guys on this, but do you forget all the things that stop and or kill this guy? (veiler, fiendish, bottomless, torrential, solemn brigade, tons of other shit.) He should not be feared like he used to be, we still can’t yata-lock anyone, so stop shitting your pants when you see this guy.
• Trishula Dragon of The Ice Barrier – PLANTS ARE DEAD, plus Infernity’s are getting support and reprints soon.
• Tragoedia – I see too many people using this guy at 2, with Xyz monsters now this guy is probably better than Gorz.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:March_2013_Banlist_Predictions?action=edit§ion=new#
• Atlantean Dragoons - So god damn vehement.
• Torrential Tribute – Broken as f*ck. Nuff said.
• Miracle Fusion – Hero breakfast rape becomes “How much is my deck worth on ebay?”
• Advanced Ritual Art – I want more ritual stuff. I don’t think this will effect Gishiki.http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:March_2013_Banlist_Predictions?action=edit§ion=16#
• Wind-up Factory - Wind-ups are still ruining people’s lives.
• Black Whirlwind – This card is nothing compared to gateway or factory, and with more support coming out this year, I hope it comes back.
• Blackwing – Gale the whirlwind – same reasoning as whirlwind, why not?
• Snoww, Unlight of Dark World – ughhghgh no explanation needed
• Mermail Abyyslinde - this card is so f*cking derpy
• Spore - No one runs more than one, since it only works once a duel. Limiting it was pointless.
• Magical Stone Excavation - Who runs this card again?
• Reasoning - See Magical Stone Excavation.
- CED is never coming back, get that. It's just too powerful, chaos dragons would be tier 0 if they got that card. Gale and Black Whilrlwind at 2 would make Blackwings too good again, I can already tell they'll be too powerful with 2 copies of each. Also, Dark Worlds don't need to be hit since they aren't topping and are too easy to side against. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:56, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
It really makes no sense how Judgment Dragon is at 3, and Gale is at 1... also makes no sense how Wind-Up Factory is at 3, and Black Whirlwind is limited, while Gateways is too. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:55, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- JD is far less splashable than CED and destroying isn't the same as sending, cause in the case of CED you can't play Road or THRIO to stop it. Also I do think Konami will hit Factory this March as another nerf to Wind-ups, but Wind-Ups, Inzektors, and Rabbits are all fine where they are now for the most part. While they're still capable of otk's, they're less consistent now. I only can truly see Mermail Atlanteans getting nerfed. For the most part, we might have just been getting sour with the decks Konami hit, thinking they didn't do good enough, but they did a great job last banlist and the meta seems balanced for the most part if you ask me. Of course some of the new decks have a chance to get hit, but they also might just wait until September if they don't think it's time yet. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:08, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
"Realistic" banlist predictions
BLS to 4: having it at 3 isn't enough
Gale to 4: realistically, why would you have such an anti-meta card at 1?
Ammazoness Village to 2: this card is too good!
Future Visions to 3: see above.
Fortune lady light to 2: see above.
Chaos Emperor Dragon to 2: With BLS at 4 this seems fair.
DMoc to 2: too slow for the meta
Wind-up Shark to 4: having it at 3 kills the deck.
The agent of Mystery-Earth to 5: see above
Monster Reborn to 3: with 5 premature burials, who plays the 2 of these again?
Trishula at 3: seems to hard to make compared to brio.
Brio to 4: this card is at 6!! It's not fair!!
Chaos sorcerer to 4: at 3? Not good enough!
Glow-up Bulb to 7: pointless to put this at 4.
Snoww to 3: putting this to 5 was still to good.
Dragonfly to 4: 2 of this not enough. 7 of this too good. 4 seems just fine.
Mermail Abysslinde to 6: when was the last time Mermails were good?
Undine to 4: 3of this not enough. See above.
Gateway to 2: one of this kills the deck.
Tour Guide to 5: really, Konami! 4 of these isn't good enough.
Sangan to 4: Searching or this card isn't good enough right? Wrong. This card has to go to 4. 6 is too good!!
Yata to 2: This card isn't good anymore.
Pot of greed to 3: every deck already uses 2. Why not put it to 3?
Each piece of Exodia to 3: we're in 2017, Konami! No one plays exodia! Fortune ladies and amazonesses are the deal! -.-
- Yeah, talk about "realistic"...you can't have more than 3 of the same cards in your deck anyways, and none of these seem possible to me, nor are they true in the first place. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:08, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
"Yata-Garasu Isn't good anymore?" it completely shuts down the oppoents entire deck and stops them doing anything, how is it not good anymore?
- And Gateway to 2, one of this kills the deck? If there were 2 Gateways, Sams would be tier 1, no doubt. And DMoc to 2: too slow for the current meta? If DMoc came back, prophecy decks would be tier 0 and everyone would abuse him, since reusing a spell card no one wants to see more than once a duel is something no one likes, and DMoc does it almost for free, as does Magician of Faith. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:09, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 banlist predictions
Ban Monster reborn. Yeah kinda broken....
Limit Tragodia. Used a lot and can be used in almost every deck Bottomless trap hole or torrential. Probably torrential which can cripple many decks Either hieratic dragon of su or the seal of conviction cuz can make hieratic otk to fast even though its not used that much Atlantean dragons, mermaid abyss megelo or some other frequently used merlantian card Rescue rabbit. One card 2-4 xyz. Basically rabbits need to calm down or cut down on their carrots
Semi limit Snoww unlighted of dark world. Nuff said
Tragoedia isn't going to get limited until they release a card that could possibly make it too good, if that ever happens. The fact that it is used a lot and can be splashed in to many decks doesn't necessarily qualify it to get hit...im sure lots of people use cards like Heavy storm, MST, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Fiendish Chain and Bottomless Trap hole, but those cards don't need to be hit either. It's also an OTK stopper which...is needed, unless you want to increase the OTK chances which is not beneficial to the game. Hieratics don't need to be hit since they haven't been topping, they have conistency problems and a dark hole/torrential tribute/black rose dragon is deadly against them since they cannot top-deck. Snoow doesn't need to be hit yet with the ease at which DW can be sided against and the failure of DW to put consistent placings in YCS tournaments. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 07:28, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
My March 2013 Banlist
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - Way too powerful. I didn't understand why they didn't banned this card the last list Monster Reborn - A very powerful card. Could make your opponent angry if you take their good monster from their graveyard. EVERYONE runs this card Gateway of the Six - Six Samurais are hit already, but they are still topping in tournaments. Basically can adapted to any format with the support from monsters from other Archetypes >_>. I think they should slow down Six Samurais a little more. Mind Control - With Xyz and Synchro monsters out, This card has become annoying.
Rescue Rabbit - Can basically Xyz almost any rank 4 or lower Xyz monsters. Also there are Dino Rabbit. And this card will be even worse with "Lightning Chidori" out and "Sylphine, the Cold Bird Beast" soon to come out in the OCG. Shien's Smoke Signal - Read Gateway of the Six. Wind-Up Factory - This gives Wind-Ups too much search power. Wind-Up magician - Puts alot of combos in Wind-Up monsters (Especially Wind-Up Shark). This card also helps swarm the field with Wind-Ups. Atlantean Dragoons - Gives Mermail/Atlanteans powerful search. Also lets your level 3 or lower sea serpents attack directly. Mermail Abysslinde - Lets you special summon any atlantean from your deck. This card will get even worse with the new Mermail cards coming out (Mermail Abyssleed). Also can be revived with Call of the Haunted and can be brung out by Abyss-sphere. Madolche Magileine - Gives Madolche search power. Can search itself. Abusable with Ultimate Offering. Can return to the hand by Madolche Chateau. Can be searched by Madolche Ticket (basically get shuffled to the deck and added from the deck to the hand after that). Sinister Serpent - Too slow for the current metagame Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - More noticeable due to Brionac and Trishula being banned. Atlanteans triggers their effects with this card. Spellbook of Secrets - With all these new spellbook cards coming out, i think this should get hit. Spellbook Magician of Prophecy - Read Spellbook of Secrets. Madolche Ticket - Gives Madolche search power. combos well with the queen (especially with Madolche Chateau on the field).
Snoww, Unlight of the Dark World - Searches any dark world card from your deck. Most search cards for their respected archetypes are limited or semi-limited so... Gear Giant X - Search card for any machine deck. Also with the Phantom Beast Plane archetype coming soon in the OCG, they can use this card. T.G. Striker - not that noticeable anymore. Lonefire Blossom - no one really runs plants anymore. Scapegoat - not that noticeable anymore. Abyss-sphere - Brings Abysslinde to your field. Can be searched by Abyssmegalo. Geargiarmor - Decent defense for a search monster. triggers when flipped face-up. can be flipped back face-down. Wall of Revealing Light - not noticeable anymore. Call of the Haunted - Brings Sangan or Card Trooper for hand advantage. Mermails use this card. Self mill decks and synchro decks love this card.
Magical Stone Excavation - No one really plays this card these days. gives -2 Reborn Tengu - with the popular use of Xyz monsters, this card would mainly only be used as a stall. Debris Dragon - Kinda lost it's edge. Plants arent really seen running these days. also it's synchro conditions are only limited to dragons synchro monsters. Spore - no one really runs more than 1.
- I could see Mind Control getting banned at some point, but I'm not leaning towards it yet. Also, Sams haven't been doing as well as they used too at tournaments; they only won 1 or 2 YCS, and hitting them so much as to ban Gateway or Limit Smoke Signal hurts their consistency too much. I.e. they're fine where they are now, don't kill them. I also wouldn't hit Madolches or Spellbooks that much since they haven't done well at nationals or YCS. They're a fun deck, but not competitive enough to consider getting hit, like Gishkis and Fableds. Geargia's are in the same boat, other than winning 1 YCS or so, they aren't the best deck around. If you don't think Wall of Revealing light is noticeable at 1, it probrably will be more noticeable at 2 due to more frequent draws with Self-Destruct Button and Hope for Escape Exodia (the latter being the biggest concern). Call of the Haunted is fine at 3; most people I've seen don't opt to run more than 2, since it's slower and weaker than Premature Burial and Monster Reborn (which are banned and limited, respectively). Yeah Tengu would be a bit less useful for xyz's, but it's not the best way to revive synchros by bringing it up to 3. Debris Dragon to 3 is a possibility, but it might lead to too many pluses at 3, like Tengu would. Spore to 3 is obvious. Stone Excavation and Reasoning might go up to 3 each simply due to lack of use in the current metagame. Sinister Serpent should also be obvious, and I don't know if Wind-ups are getting hit again. I definitely see Mermail Atlanteans getting hit in some form. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 08:31, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
In terms of which decks will see a hit I'm predicting a hit for Prophecys and another one for Wind-Ups. Mainly due to one of the more bigger tournaments in japan (with 250 players no less) having a Prophecy deck win, and not many of them entered that tournament. Whereas the most common deck was Wind-Ups with roughly 50 or so decks being present. So both decks tick boxes in Konami's Banlist criteria, with Prophecies being to powerful, and Wind-Ups because they still very much have the bandwagon effect going on with them.
As for the more recent decks, such as Fire Fist, Mermails, Fire Kings, and Phantom Beast Craft. Only Mermail is likely to see a hit, and I still think it'll only be Salvage that gets hit.
As for individual cards you could scroll up to see what I think but I might as well repeat it here. BLS is not going anywhere, he's not that broken and can be easily countered with Warnings, Bottomlesses, or a nice torrential (which is sitting pretty as two). If you want to get rid of him you may as well get rid of Hyperion, Grapha, and Dark Armed Dragon. Because they're all as powerful as BLS. As for Monster Reborn, everyone has it so everyone can abuse it. It also makes the game more fun, for example is your opponent face stomping you hard? Do a reborn and make an epic comeback!
- Prophecy decks aren't as powerful as some of the other tier 1 decks around, like Wind-ups and Mermail Atlanteans. While they are ok, I personally haven't seen them storm nationals and YCS. Macro Rabbit is one of the top decks this format, though limiting Rabbit to 1 would probrably wipe it out immediately. Wind-ups were hit, but they're still pretty good. I blame the reason why Wind-ups are so good is them having 3 copies of Factory, since it gives them way too much search power. Limit Factory to 2 or 1 and they'll be fine. If you wanted to hit spellbooks, I wouldn't go anywhere past hitting Spellbook of Secrets, since that's the main search engine for that deck. Since Highpriestess has a once per turn restriction on her destruction effect; it's no better than Hyperion, Grapha, Dad, ect, so I don't see that getting hit. Spellbooks have a lot of search power, but too little offensive power for me to consider hitting them. However, that's just me, since I haven't had much trouble facing Spellbooks myself. I don't think Fire Fists or Fire Kings are going to be hit just yet, because 1) they're rather new, like Phantom Beastcrafts, and 2) while they have some power to them, they aren't impossible to play around, and like Dark Worlds, are pretty easy to side against (Royal Decree against fire fists, Royal Prison against Fire Kings, Some token trap cards, ect for Phantom Beastcrafts). Unless they see more play and do start winning nationals/YCS a lot, I don't see them getting hit. Maybe in the September Banlist they'll get hit, but not the upcoming March Banlist. I have enough evidence to suggest hitting mermail atlanteans, but even so, I would only hit Dragoons to 2 or 1, since it lets you search any sea-serpent. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:32, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- If you Forbid Gateway, your kinda just getting rid of a Limited card that Sams really need. They might be topping Locals and such, but I have only seen 1 Six Sam deck win a Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series this format. Also with your hits to the Prophecy archetype, what have they done on the tournament scene to need such drastic hits, and yes they are drastic as your limiting the key search cards of a Archetype that isn't really topping YCS events, maybe in Regionals and locals, but the deck needs to dominate to really deserve a hit of any kinda, same thing with Madolche. As for Dark World, they really won't be hit, they might be hard to play against, but you don't see them dominating, mostly because the side decks are all prepared for decks like Dark World that relies on the grave to get anything done. ----Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:24, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
That's where our logic should be around when making banlist predictions...Konami is not going to hurt decks that aren't dominating everyone around. They wouldn't bother hurting decks that aren't good because those decks need the cards they have to actually be competitive. If they hurt decks that arent topping, it means they want people to use decks that are the best around, and that basically means they want us to all use one kind of deck. That takes all the fun out of the game, and Konami clearly doesn't want that. They want several decks to be competitive and winning. If they killed every deck out there except for, say wind-ups, then there would be no fun in anything since every deck would be the same. The most likely things to happen this upcoming March format, aside from a few changes which should be obvious (like Spore to 3 and Sinister Serpent to 1), I think Konami will probrably pull some of the limited cards down to make some older decks more competitive, like Advanced Ritual Art to 2 to boost Gishkis and Herald/Demise decks, as well as perhaps Mezuki to give Zombies a chance at being competitive, and perhaps Blackwings again, like they semi-d Kalut last format, they might bring either Whirlwind up by another (Gale or Black). Since the best decks this format are Wind-ups, Rabbits, and Mermail Atlanteans, those decks are the most likely ones Konami is going to hit this upcoming format. Fire Fists and Fire Kings might be hit at some point, but I personally think that they, as well as Phantom Beastcrafts, are too new to be hit this March. I would save it until September to hit those decks, if need be. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:53, January 21, 2013 (UTC)
Why the heck Gateaway to the Six and Six Samurai could be banned?And Mind cortrol it cannot attack or be Trubited why is it annoying?Seriously why?Shien's Smoke Signal same thing as gateaway to the six question?Wind-Up Factory why it seach power is good for mill(destution decks)?Spellbooks cards on top names Limited! how do you know anyways?Snoww, Unlight of the Dark World that would be the same reason for Wind-Up Factory.
- Only argument for banning mind control is with more synchros and xyz's coming out, it might be too good for the meta to handle. You can also still use the monster's effects, which could end the duel by itself. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:12, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 Banlist Predictions
•Gateway of the Six: If you want to make Six Samurais a skilled deck, ban this card an make a not-do broken Xyz/Synchro version of Shi-En
^ That's all I have to say for Banned. Reborn and BLS will not go for a long time.
•Wind-Up Magician: This is ~Half~ the problem in Wind-Ups
•Wind-up Factory: This is the other half
•Rescue Rabbit: Everyone sees this coming. And the reasoning behind it is self-explanatory
•Lightpulsar Dragon: If this card is put at 1, then I'll be fine with REDM at 2.
•Archlord Kristya: If you hit all I the tier 1-1.5 decks and leave the tier 2 and 3 stuff behind, those tier 2 decks, like Agents, are going to explode. So Archlord Kristya at 1 is fair enough.
•Snoww, Unlight of Dark World: See above. If this isn't put to 1, it'll go 2.
•Trishula: I can see this card coming back, because the reason it was banned a year ago is still unexplained.
Semi-Limited: •Mermail Abyssline: This deck will still be good if this card is hit.
•Genex Undine: See above.
•REDM: ONLY if Lightpulsr goes to 1.
•Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit: See Archlord Kristya.
•Formula Synchron: This card wasn't the problem; Glow-Up Bulb and Fishborg Blaster were.
•Inzektor Dragonfly: Either this comes back to 2, or to 3 and Hornet gets banned.
•Chaos Sorcerer: This card wasn't putting much effort in the meta last format, but this can still be debated.
•T.G. Striker: The only reason this card was hit is because the OCG had no Tour Guide (at that time) and this card was really good in the OCG T.G. Agents. Tour Guide Agents are now far better, and the OCG now have Tour Guide.
No longer on List:
•Nicki Minaj: She was only semi-limited because of Super Bass. Now Super Bass is Banned and all we have is Beauty and a Beat, which requires too much setup with Justin Bieber.
- Gateway isn't going to 0, because it keeps six sams a competitive deck. If you ban Gateway of the Six, many Six Sam players would just quit, because it's the one engine of the deck which keeps them strong in the metagame. Besides, Sams only won one Yu-gi-oh Championship Series this format, so they aren't the best deck around, and they can be stopped by a number of side deck cards. Formula to 2 probrably won't happen because it's an instant Pot of Greed when you use it with Hyper Librarian, which is much easier to summon itself if you semi-limited Striker (because Warwolf would then instantly come out and you have librarian without even using your normal summon). One for one to 2 would be a better move. Trishula was banned because it's an overpowering monster which gives you control over your opponent's hand, field, and Graveyard, plus Infernity decks also have a loop where they can summon her an infinite number of times in one turn to shut down the opponent's hand. I don't think Trishula is coming back. Heck, bringing Glow-up Bulb back would be better than bringing Trishula back. If you wanted to hit Wind-ups again, I wouldn't limit both Factory and Magician, because that hurts them too much. I would limit either Factory or Magician or semi-limit both. Dark Worlds and Chaos Dragons are just fine where they are; Konami's not going to touch them because they're too inconsistent in Nationals and YCS, because 1) DW's are really easy to side against in games 2 and 3, and 2) Chaos Dragons already paid their banlist fees last September, so Konami probrably won't change them; also Lightpulsar to 1 for REDMD at 2 isn't a fair exchange because Gustav Max can be summoned too easily with two REDMD, and he was a key part of the Chaos Dragon/Hieratic OTK before REDMD went to 1 last September. Not to say the otk is impossible in either deck now, but with 1 REDMD, it's much less consistent. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:30, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- I also don't see any more hits to Inzektors coming any time soon. Let's face it, Banning Inzektor Hornet is really sending the deck to Hades and having him put the deck in The Chair of Forgetfulness, which really didn't turn out great for Theseus. I kinda like the fact that Inzektors are still playable, but much slower and less explosive than they once were, that's exactly what the F&L list is supposed to do, get rid of the cards that are truly problems for the game, like Victory Dragon, and keep the more balanced cards like Gorz the Emissary of Darkness where they need to be. ----Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:53, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
2nd March Banlist Prediction
- Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - The hell. I experienced multiple match that made me win (and made my opponent win) because of just top decking this card. It's like this card has divine powers, that you'll draw it in time you will surely win.
- Sangan - With Tour Guide From the Underworld, this card can be easily searched now. But this card's chance of being banned is like 35(not getting hit):65(banned).
- Elemental HERO Stratos - Engine is Engine. This should slow down Hero-based decks.
- Monster Reborn - Broken. Nuff said.
- Mind Control - Brain Control got banned because of the Synchro Era, maybe this is next.
- Ultimate Offering - Gadgets, some Geargia-based deck, and even Mermail/Atlantean use this. Dafuq!?
- Rescue Rabbit - Still broken at 2. Limit this to 1, and it'll slow down Rabbit-Based decks.
- Atlantean Dragoons - Mermail/Atlanteans are too fast.
- Miracle Fusion - Broken card for this format. Nuff said.
- Magician of Faith - Well, not really. But I think this card is not too broken anymore.
- Fire Formation - Tenki - Maybe not this March, but let's see..
- Mystical Space Typhoon - Just limit this to 2. Decks are too fast.
- Rekindling - Err, just a feeling..
- Tour Guide From the Underworld - IF and ONLY IF Sangan is hit. :)
BLS and Reborn will not get banned. Sure BLS probably has won you games, and won your opponent games by itself, but BLS hasn't been doing anything at tournaments. Monster Reborn will remain at 1 because it's most likely seen as "not broken enough compared to Premature Burial" to put it at 0. Stratos will not go to zero because that is an unnecessary hit to a deck that isn't topping (well maybe it is in OCG, not sure) also Stratos is too key of a card. Magician of Faith isn't coming back as long as Monster Reborn and Dark Hole are around. If anything in Wind-Ups will get hit it will either be Magician only, but more likely Factory and Magician hit. None of the Cosmo BLazer cards will get hit in March since they are too recent. MST is never going to anything less than 3; Konami has already learned this when Massive back row decks were winning every YCS. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 04:08, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
My (revised) predictions
Now that March is less than two months away, here is my revised banlist predictions for March 2013.
- None (BLS and Reborn, after some thought, will probrably stay at 1).
- Sinister Serpent
- Atlantean Dragoons
- Rescue Rabbit
- Gladiator Beast Bestiari - It's been a while since I've seen a competitive Glad Beast deck, but bringing this to 2 might also make them too powerful. Kinda debatable, but we'll see.
- Mezuki - Zombies haven't made any impact on the meta; they need a boost.
- Advanced Ritual Art - Like Zombies, Ritual Decks need a boost for the current metagame.
- Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind - Blackwings need another boost.
- One for one - This might be able to come up to 2, but not if Glow-up Bulb comes off (see below).
- Wind-up Factory
- Wind-up Magician
- Spore (obviously)
- Reasoning - No one uses this anymore.
- Magical Stone Excavation - See Reasoning.
- Glow-up Bulb - Plants haven't done anything to the meta since they were killed last March.
"Sinister Serpent" and "Glow-Up Bulb" will never come back. "Mezuki" stays at 1, Zombies are getting boosted because you can combine them now with Gogogo ("Gogogo Ghost" is the key). Ritual decks will rise up again at Hidden Arsenal 7: Knight of Stars ("Evigishki Zealgigas" for Xyz Rank 10). Blackwing got new support in Cosmo Blazer, that's why "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind" will stays at 1. And i don't see the threat of "Wind-Up Magician", "Wind-Up Rabbit" is more dangerous while combined with "Wind-Up Factory" and can be searched now with "Fire Formation - Tenki". --TheGallisMan 21:27, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Wind-up Rabbit is not the problem with Wind-ups; Factory (and Magician) are the problems themselves, they give the deck too much flexibility and search power at 3 each. Trust me, Wind-up Rabbit won't be hit. Hit Magician and Factory to semi and Wind-ups will be ok; they're still too powerful even with only one Carrier. Also, you've got to be kidding me when you say "Sinister Serpent and Glow-up Bulb will NEVER come back". It may not be a gurantee next March, but saying they'll never, ever come back is...too much. I never viewed Glow-up Bulb as being an utterly broken and abusive card; as I said above, "sure it can come back once...but only once...in an entire duel. That's not convinient enough for it to be banned...it just isn't." I don't know what Sinister Serpent would do to turn today's meta into a completely chaotic state, aside from be discard fodder for some cards which people rarely use anyways. It can give you some kind of hand advantage, but from what I know, I can't find any way to overly abuse him at 1. Some of the decks I suggested boosting might get some new support, but I haven't seen any of them on a YCS or national list as of late. Might have still been hasty, but it's probrably still highly unpredictable. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:21, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- I think they kinda have to leave Bulb at 0 for a while, the rest of the plant engine still exists, although the whole deck has taken some hits in the form of Tengu and Tour Guide. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 14:07, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
I wouldn't say Glow-up Bulb is guranteed to come back this March, but I didn't personally view Bulb as being the key problem in Plant decks. Don't get me wrong, I know Bulb is good, I've used him before myself, but I've never, ever single-handedly won a duel just because of that card. I usually need support cards with it, like Tengu (now semi-d), Earth (also semi'd), Striker (now limited), ect. It sets up for possible synchro summons, and Bulb was a great asset to synchro decks, but it's not the main reason they were tier 1 at some point. The reason they were broken was because of the 2 Ice Barrier synchros within it. Trishula kills a card from your opponent's hand, field, and graveyard, and in the mid and late games, that will leave your opponent in a situation where they will have an awfully hard time recovering. Trishula was also bounced back to your extra with certain card effects so you can re-synchro summon it multiple times to shut your opponent down. Brionac clears the field by itself, sets up your graveyard, and prepares for otk's in most synchro- based decks. Now that Brionac and Trishula are gone, I don't see any reason why Bulb should stay banned. That's just me though, based on experience I've had with synchro decks. I suppose you could view Glow-up Bulb as being the main problem, but I personally didn't see it that way. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:57, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Mind Control – Brain Control went during the Synchro era, and Mind Control is better than brain control. I’m sure we can all assume that the XYZ era is in full swing, so it only makes sense.
Chaos Emperor Dragon – This guy has been locked away since he’s released, would be nice to see him on a slacker leash for a change. Probably as likely as Luster to 3 though, but I can dream.
Genex Undine – Atlanteans/Mermails are FAR too consistent because of this card, so in an attempt to save everyone’s asses from watching their opponent +2 or blow up your last set card, Limited or nothing.
Abyss-Sphere – Can use during opponents M2 for an immediate special summon using abysslinde? Gains plusses from an opponent destroying it? No thanks, into the Limited chest you go.
Wind-Up Magician – Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam. A really nice meat, but when we’re on about YGO, insta-shitbrix occurs.
Tragoedia – Gorz’ cousin, but much much better considering all the XYZ that are out nowadays. Can also go for an insta-XYZ using an opponent’s monster providing you can drop a monster with the same level. Would be sad to see this go, but we’ve had plenty use of it.
Trap Dustshoot – Was never really overused in the first place, and in my experience decks in this format usually have 1-3 cards in hand. Yet again another unlikely one, but I think it’d be ok back at 1.
- You wanna bring Chaos Emperor Dragon back? Yeah, ain't gonna happen. With more and more graveyard-reliant decks around, and more and more special summoning cards and chaos monsters, CED is digging his butt deeper and deeper into the banlist, and by now, I'd say he's never, ever going to come back again. He's way too powerful. Hell BLS is enough as it is. Trap Dustshoot, well, you're right it's probrably not coming back. Basically if it comes back people will be racing to see who gets it first, because whoever draws into Trap Dustshoot first gets to see everything the opponent will do for their turn, not to mention you could possibly shut their hand down with 2 copies of Mind Crush. It's a hand control card no one ever likes. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:03, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Atlantean Marksman/Heavy Infantry/Dragoons – ALL of these to 2, all the best decks released before a ban list get hit. For example, Inzektors: Released Jan 2012, Nerfed March 2012. Hieratics: Released May 2012, Nerfed Sept 2012. All 3 at 2 would be MUCH more stable.
Mezuki – Because watching your opponent special summon a Zombie Master was never really scary in the first place.
Night Assailant – No-one can explain why this card is limited…
TG Striker – Synchro’s have gone out the window now, and I doubt T.G stun will make a miraculous comeback.
Dragged Down into the Grave – If Dark Worlds even get hit, it will be minor. The monsters are immune because without Grapha they die. This card is probably the most broken in a Dark World deck, so Konami, if you’re gonna do it, do it properly.
Miracle Fusion – Using dead HERO’s and monsters to bring God spawn to the field? Such a bitch!
Chaos Sorcerer – Like this guy was obliterating the format at 3… Limited was too harsh, unless Magi Magi Magician Girl was becoming too overpowered in the OCG this card deserves a Semi-Limit
- To what you said about Night Assaliant "No-one can explain why this card is limited...", yeah he's gonna stay at 1. If Night Assaliant came up to 2 or higher then when you discard 1 Night Assaliant, that one Night Assaliant will just grab another Night Assaliant in your graveyard and an infinite discard loop would be created in your main phase. This loop would lead to cards like Snipe Hunter wiping out your entire field in one turn. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:09, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Card Trooper – Lightsworns and Chaos Dragons are the ones that use this card primarily, and I don’t see them topping because they milled most of their deck to splash badass monsters to the field. The draw effect is ok but not worthy of the ban list.
- See Machine Duplication. That should be reason enough to keep Card Trooper at 2. You could summon 3 in one turn with that spell card, mill 9 cards, Dark Hole all 3 of em, then draw 3 cards from your deck. A bit too fast for the meta, if I do say so myself. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:11, January 24, 2013 (UTC)=
FireFALL's full predictions
Ok so I've had time to really really think over my banlist predictions. Let's see if I can get anywhere near as accurate as my September predictions (which BTW were off by one card).
Mind Control - This card is has now reached the same power as Brain Control had when it was banned so it's very likely that it will go. Not to mention that Konami has been releasing similar cards like Mind Pollutant which do the same as Mind Control but at a higher cost and no one will run them until Mind Control is gone.
Inzektor Centipede - While the face of Inzektors has changed and they are no longer as dominant as they once were Centipede is still making sure that they're an annoyance to the end, though he'll only go to one if either Dragonfly or Hornet return to two to counterbalance centipede's limit and thus make the deck less able to spam out the single Hornet so effectively while not completely destroying the deck.
Salvage - This is the only water support card that needs to be hit as it allows to much hand advantage for numerous decks at no cost whatsoever. (Also Mermails are sadly to new to be hit, as they came out the same time as year as we got Rescue Rabbit the previous year and Rabbit wasn't hit till September).
Rescue Rabbit - A lot of decks are still relying on the rabbit and the amount that top with him is to high (This includes Fire Fists who are using him to get cards like Vorse Raider and Gene Warped Werewolf out, it also the only real hit that can currently be done to them). He could come down to one, now that Konami has made their money back from the tin, but he could also stay at two if Konami wants to push the Evilswarmz more when we get them later this year.
Wind-Up Factory - Wind-Ups are fast enough without this hitting it will slow down the deck and stop so many people using it. (Which makes sense for Konami as they've now stopped making Wind-Up cards meaning they'll make more money from people switching decks.)
Genex Undine - Undine is the only actual monster that can be hit in the Mermail deck and while at two she is still to consistant. By limiting her it will probably stop her being played at all, much like Reborn Tengu when he saw his ban but it won't be the end for her as if she's limited now then when Mermails can be hit in September then she could make a return back to two as other cards in the archetype are hit.
Semi Limited Inzektor Dragonfly or Hornet - As stated above Inzektors took a hit last banlist which I think everyone can agree was a good hit but frankly the Hornet hit did nothing at all thanks to Centipede being able to just search for it anyway but for Centipede to be limited either Dragonfly or Hornet need to be semi'd to make sure they aren't completely removed from the meta. In my eyes it should be Dragonfly rather than Hornet but hey, the likeliness of this happening at all is slim at best.
Spellbook of Secrets, or Spellbook Magician of Prophecy - The Prophecy archetype just needs a small hit as it's not overly dominating but still requires a hit, either Secrets or Magician to two would turn down the decks ability to search out what it needs.
Considering that the last ban list saw a wealth of stuff taken off the semi-limited list, leaving not much at all in it in fact, there not really much I would bring off the list. That said I'd consider both Summoner Monk and Lumina, but then again with the next pack after Tachyon Galaxy being called Judgment of the Light, I hardly think that unlimiting Lumina would be the best course of action...but then again.
- Why not unlimit Spore? No one would run more than 1 Spore anyways. You could run more than 1 Spore to make it so you draw into it more often, but still, once you use the effect, the other 2 Spore's are esentially dead draws. I like Inzektors where they are right now, but I suppose you could alter the consistency a little bit with some hits to Centi while bringing Hornet/Dragonfly down. Michael Stibbins did win YCS Seattle last November with Inzektors, but the archetype hasn't won any other YCS's this format. Prophecy decks haven't won a single Yu-gi-oh Championship Series this format so imo there's no reason to hit them. Leaving their search cards at 3, like Snoww with Dark Worlds, keeps them a competitive deck. If Atlantean Dragoons/Marksman/Infantry are too soon to be hit, then I guess Undine/Salvage would be the best way to go for the time being. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:37, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
My Honest Thoughts On Banlist
Wind-Up Magician:Due solely to the fact, that with that, as soon as shark hits the field....well everyone knows what happens there. Even so, if you are lucky to be able to hit a veiler on the magician, and maybe even a bottomless when the shark is dumped.
Inzektor Centipede: Being an Inzektor player, I must admit, that they hit the meta too rash. Yes everyone knows that the Dragonfly can special summon and bring out, but after that happens, you just bring out a sword/axe (or hornet if not in grave/hand) and pretty much loop from there. If they do this, Dragonfly will need to come back to two and maybe hornet to two, but it would be alright if he stayed at one. But I am hoping for my sake that they don't touch Inzektors again :P
Macro Cosmos:Well, this card is every Inzektor, Chaos Dragon, Dark World, Heiratic, Spellbook etc worse nightmare, well in fact, it is everyone's worse nightmare except for Macro Rabbit players. Yes, i agree that it hits certain meta harder than others, but we face the fact of having Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure together, just creates too much havoc. You can argue, that cards are now more prone to bringing banished cards back, which can ease the pain. But on the whole, with more meta focusing on discarding or graveyard hit, this card just breaks down the meta too much. But in saying this, if they don't hit it, the new meta in my opinion will be a lot less potent, such as mermails.
Atlantean Dragoons:Purely for the fact, that the mermail/atlantean engine is too broken with this card. In the next few listings, I won't give my thoughts, as I will add them here. Pretty much, if you have a Genex Undine to the field, pretty much dump Dragoons, add to hand, discard two, which will more than likely be an Atlantean Infantry or Atlantean Marksman or one of each, to special Abyssmegalo, and Atlantean Marksman/Infantry are able to activate effects. The loop is very straight forward if you have the build.
Abyss Sphere:I left out sphere from above, as this is pretty much used as a overlay food/syncrho material. I know a lot of people reading this will be like "such a n00b you don't know what its really for etc etc. But from what I have seen and gathered its just extra deck food. Plus the effect of the monster when it hits the grave due to Sphere leaving the field. But I honestly don't want to write the loop out.
Mermail Abysslinde:Just because, when she is destroyed (by effects and by battle) she can bring out any mermail monster from the deck. Pretty much the searcher of the century with the mermail archetype.
Super Polymerization:One of the most annoying cards when playing a hero beat/bubble beat deck. Mostly for the fact that the super poly effect cannot be negated or chained to, even at a spell speed two. In my honest opinion, this card does not really make sense as you can't even warning/judgement to the summon, which is spell speed 3 (makes no sense if you ask me). Besides that, the wording on the card is kind of confusing. The way I read it as, is that you cannot activate a card in response to the card being played, such as Solemn Judgement, which is understandable seeing as it states that you can't. This is where the wording gets a bit confusing. Once the monster hits the field, you cannot warning the special summoned monster. Solemn warning states, that "When a monster would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 Life Points; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card." The fact that the OR is in there, indicates that you can chain to the monster being summoned, not the effect of Super Polymerization. With the Solemn Warning creating it's own chain, by first effect, not the second effect of Solemn Warning. There are probably some underlying rules there, which I more than likely do not know, which would state why you can't, but like I said. This is just my thoughts
Wind-Up Factory:Due to search and recycle effect of the card, nothing else.
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World:A surprise choice, seeing as Dark Worlds have not really done too much in the way of topping any major tournaments. Saying this, Grapha with the Dark World engine, pretty much clears field and leaves you well open. I know people can say, side in a Dimensional Fissure, or a Macro Cosmos. Yes this does solve most of the problem, but then again, how many will you side in, I don't think people will side in three Dimensional Fissure and three Macro Cosmos (even though my thoughts are it should be limited). Which leaves your Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure to be targeted by an Mystical Space Typhoon, heavy Storm etc. Plus, most ranks/level monsters in the meta today, are averaging about 2200-2400 Attack, leaving Grapha well above the attack range of most of the monsters. But in all honesty, he is pretty much the heart of the Dark World engine, and limiting or even semi limiting him, will have massive impact on the Archetype and in my opinion cripple them.
Rescue Rabbit:Laggia. Enough said really
I honestly haven't seen too many cards that are on the banlist that I believe should come back. Some of the older cards like Dark Magician of Chaos or even (which I know most of you will disagree) Chaos Emperor Dragon- Envoy of the End as today, they can be negated and countered pretty easily. These are just two from the top of my head, without going through extensively. Like I said, this is just my thoughts and what I have seen at my local tournaments, and at regional tournaments. Feel free to critique this or even suggest even more reasons why the cards listed should be limited more so. PEACE````
- Personally I wouldn't hate on Dark Worlds so much as to hit Grapha to 1. Dark Worlds have only won 1 YCS, ever, and they aren't deserving of any hit. Macro Cosmos isn't going to get hit because it's an anti-meta card. Anti-meta cards need to be at 3 to keep the meta slower, and so people can side them in to counter the meta decks. If you wanted to limit Macro Cosmos, hell we might as well limit Skill Drain and Royal Decree while we're at it. Super Poly is a problem in Heroes, but Miracle Fusion would probrably be better to hit since it lets you use your graveyard to bring out strong monsters; also heroes aren't winning YCS that much anyways. I also wouldn't hit Mermail Atlanteans as hard as you suggested, but they will be hit, I agree. They also won't be so harsh to Wind-ups as to limit Factory and Magician, probrably Semi-both if you wanted to hit them again. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:50, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
Banlist? Not Quite...
Rescue Rabbit. I know I will get a LOT of hate for this, but you have to remember to look at the title before continuing to hate me (hint hint, "Not Quite".) The reason I want this card banned is because when we get the Evilswarm guys in TCG, Macro Rabbit will be compared to Evilswarm like a stick to a bonfire. In other words, it's basically tier 0 to tier 2 at least. And the reason this probably won't go to 1 in my opinion, is because Evilswarm only need 1 Rabbit to function anyway. Also consider Fire Kings, but I think Evilswarm will be the main problem. Again, this is only a thought, so don't hate me for this.
Mermail Abysslinde OR Genex Undine OR Atlantean Dragoons. Mermail/Atlanteans will be balanced if one of the monsters I listed are hit, and they will be balanced even if one of the hits happen. Again, look at the Title.
Wind-Up Factory: Same reason as Black Whirwind...?
Wind-Up Rat: After thinking for while, I realized that this mostly the problem, as it's the main thing that triggers Shark (other than Magician). I'm hope that if this happens though, Shark or Magician will still get Semi-Limited, just so that the combo isn't as consistent.
Wind-Up Shark AND/OR Wind-Up Magician. Just to make the combo OTK/FTShockMaster not as consistent. Again, just a thought.
Overall, I don't have much to say about the banlist, except about the top Tier decks. However, I don't know how Konami will hit the lower Tier decks, or essentially make the banlist at all. But please, please, please don't hate me if you disagree with my predictions! Instead, just write down what you think I missed or what you would change...Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.
- Rabbit to 1 is probrably more likely than Rabbit being banned, because that would kill the deck. I personally don't see Rabbit getting the chop until Konami designs some kind of card that can abuse it (they probrably will eventually). I prefer Factory and Magician to 2 if you wanted to hit Wind-ups. Limiting Rat hurts them, but it hurts a lot more to limit Rat than semi Magician/Factory. We should try to predict what would balance the deck, rather than outright kill it (with the obvious exception of a few certain decks, like Frog FTK dying back in September 2010). 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:36, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
Mi Prediccion de la Ban List Marzo 2013
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (posiblemente semi-limitada)
Fire King High Avatar Garunix
Atlantean Armed Soldier (posiblemente semi-limitada)
Dragged Down into the Grave
Six Samurai United
Solar Recharge (posiblemente semi-limitada)
Shien's Smoke Signal
Fire Formation - Tenki
One Day of Peace
Reckless Greed (posiblemente semi-limitada)
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Lion Emperor
Tender of the Laval Volcano
Malefic Cyber End Dragon
Malefic Stardust Dragon
LightPulsar Dragon (posiblemente limitada)
Atlantean Dragon Rider
Snow, Unlight of Dark World
Burial From a Different Dimension
Wall of Revealing Light
POSIBLES CARTAS AGREGADAS A LA BAN LIST:
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Gateway of the Six
Enthusiastic Beast Wolberk
Goyo Guardian (Poco Posible)
Bottomless Trap Hole
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Gorilla
Fire King Fire Cyrcle
Neither of those lists make much sense. To start off, neither of the Fire decks will be hit since they have been introduced to the TCG too recently. Also, cards such as BLS Envoy, Monster Reborn, Grapha, Warning, bottomless, any Malefic monsters, Reckless Greed, Torrential, Snoww, Gateway of the Six, Shien's Smoke Signal, Solar Recharge, Wind-Up Shark, Emergency call, Laval and Constellar cards, Infernity Launcher, Bahamut Shark and Macro Cosmos do not need to be hit at all. Wind-Up Magician and Wind-Up Factory are the cards to hit in Wind-Ups. Goyo Guardian will not return in a while, also Inzektors are fine with what they have. SNSD4Life (talk • contribs) 21:16, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
I think that the following will happen:
Banned: BLack Luster Soldier- Envoy of the End (They have to ban something popular) To that extent, Finally, a ban on Gorz is to be expected. Do not count on them banning a common.
Wind Up Rat and/or Shark (All of the popular decks should be coming down, why not start here?)
Abyss-Mermail-Atlantean Frequently used cards- the ones that are worth the money and get used the most.
Glow-Up Bulb (Not being used anymore- Synchros can come back with this)
Rescue Rabbit (Shutting down decks, one banlist at a time)
Trishula- Synchros are going to come back. I know it.
Anything that makes the Six Samurai tick that is not already limited.
Semi-Limited: Maxx "C" (A revision) T.G. Striker (Face it, the deck is dead, but this can bring it back) Inzektor Dragonfly (These guys are dead too) Formula Synchron (The Synchros have been dead for a long time) T.G. Hyper Librarian (see above, also only 1 of these should be affected, two would be unfair to an extent) Leviair the Sea Dragon (A meta card, once again- who limits the useless cards) Dandylion (The plants could become popular again, as well as synchros) Jurrac Guabia (Probably a misspell, but Dino Rabbit should be going down anytime now) Dark World Grapha (To easy to spam with. Surprised Machina Fortress never took a hit) Basically, I am saying the Synchros have been dead too long. The XYZ will take a hit and give room to the old decks, as well as the new. These are my expectations, as well as my hopes for the March 2013 Banlist. May the Synchros come back! TechGenusMaster (talk • contribs) 00:08, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to break your heart, but Maxx "C" is in no form Meta, it's a card people use to generally ward off huge pushes by Wind-Ups, and some people choose to main deck it, just to have it ready for Wind-Ups game 1. Dandy will not go off the Limit slot, it's been there for a while and it's too risky with Quickdraw Synchron at 3. While you might love Synchros, the cards that are hit are to limit their power having 2 T.G. Hyper Librarian and 2 Formula Synchron is a stupid thing to do, and even if the old plants aren't around, someone will find a way to spam it, and we're back to square 1, and if your really want a Synchro deck, go play Fabled or Laval, they are Synchro decks, and they are fairly solid decks at that. The cards that are hit right now are hit because they give Synchro decks too much draw power. Also, Xyz(s) themselves won't really have to be hit unless they create a loop or something like that, because they're effects can only be used 1-3 times, or in the case of Hazy Flame Basiltrice, up to 5 times. ----Dark Ace SP (Talk) 00:16, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
- The only way I could see synchros getting a boost again is bringing Bulb back. Tengu is likely staying where he is, and so is Earth and Striker, as well as Formula and Hyper Librarian. If any of them came Down, Synchro decks would likely be too fast again, especially Formula and Hyper Librarian. Bulb would not make them crazily fast again if it came back, so it's probrably the best thing to do to boost synchros. Also, why ban Gorz or Solemn Judgment? Gorz is awesome, he stops OTKs and can turn the game around with very little effort. Judgment can negate anything at a price everyone can afford. If you said you don't want any commoners to go, then keep Gorz and Judgment where they are, because they are commoners. Also, banning Carrier Zenmaighty is too much hate on Wind-ups. If you wanted to hit Wind-ups again, the best possible move would be to semi-limit Magician and Factory. Rat is not as much of a problem as those 2 are, and it's their only real means of graveyard access (barring Reborn). Shark is, like Rat, not as much of a problem as Magician and Factory. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:08, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
I am probably going to revise this. I was up late doing this and should think it over. Good point on Zenmaity and Maxx C. I do not expect Zenmaity to take a hit, but I think Maxx C will still be limited. Drawing at least 3 cards during your opponent's turn might be changed soon. Also, I think Shark and Rat are more of the core of the Wind-Up deck- Magician and Factory follow in second. I expect Gorz to take a hit, but Solemn Warning, not any more. Also, I expect an XYZ to get limited soon. With time, Daigusto Emeral and Lavalal Chain should take a hit with their release. TechGenusMaster (talk • contribs) 15:56, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Magician and Factory give you more search power than Rat and Shark so they are probrably more likely to get hit. Gorz isn't asking for a ban; he's been in the game for 5 years now and he's not done anything worthy enough of him getting banned. Stopping OTK's is what Konami likes. I don't know if any XYZ monsters will get hit, but it'll be a while until we do get some more on the banlist. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:59, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
Banlist Predictions: March 2013
Mind Control. This is all I have to say for now. The reason I want this to go is mainly because of the EvilSwarms that are coming out soon. If they have the potential to XYZ Summon, they will, and if you think that this shouldn't be hit, you're the one who's going to cry when your opponent takes your Thunder King, summons Catsor, summons another EvilSwarm and shuts you down by making shock master. I just think this card is too good.
Rescue Rabbit. At least If this goes to 1, it will slow down Macro Rabbit and Ophion plays...for now.
Leviair the Sea Dragon. If Rabbit goes, it won't be a major problem because your opponent has 2 Tour Guides, a Sangan and a Night Assailant to replace it. This card is too unbalanced because if your opponent summons this, it won't even matter how many times you Destroy Laggia or Dolkka. Also, if your opponent Miracle Fusions into The Shining and you compulse it, it won't matter, because you just summon Tour Guide, and you get a free Stratos Search.
Atlantean Dragoons. The Search power that this card gives you is too good. You can't overlook the fact that this is one of the cards that speeds up a deck that is already too fast. That's why it has to go to 1.
Genex Undine. See above. Ignore take away "Search power" and replace with "Destruction power". This either goes to 1, or to 2.
Wind-Up Factory. See Atlantean Dragoons. Also think of Black Whirwind.
Wind-Up Rat. This is another card that speeds up the deck too much. Magician and Shark going will kill the deck. This to 1 will make it balanced and will also eliminate te retarded combo, which requires 2 of these.
T.G. Striker. This card is not as overpowered as it was. It is still good and spashable, but you can't ban Hornet and Dragonfly and limit Centipede and still call it an Inzektor Deck. Sure, these small pests search for themselves, but in order to hit T.G. Agents, the reason this card is Limited in the first place, I would suggest Warwolf as a start. Oh, I dunno why, summon Venus grab 3 shine balls summon a wolf, overlay for Gachi and Zenmaines...Really. This should come back.
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World. This will be minor. The Deck will still be playable.
Hieratic Dragon of Su/Tefnuit. See above.
Six Samurai United. See above.
Geargiarsenal. See above.
The Agent of Creation-Venus. The only reason I want this is so that Jupiter can see more play. It probably won't happen anyway.
No Longer on List:
- You don't need to post the same predictions more than once. Some of these make sense to me, Mind Control to an extent, but it's highly debatable, and some others I don't quite get. Rat isn't the secondary problem with Wind-ups; Magician and Factory need to both go to 2. I doubt Striker is coming down to 2 because T.G.'s don't need an easier way to drop Hyper Librarian first turn with double striker. There are many synchro loops Striker can get you into; I'd rather leave him at 1 than bring him down. Dark Worlds, Hieratics, and Sams won't be touched this March, because 1) Sams and Hieratics already paid their banlist fees (Sams only have 1 Gateway and Shi-en, and 2 Smoke Signals, while Hieratics only have 1 REDMD and lost a convocation), and 2) Dark Worlds are too easy to side against to consider hitting. Why would Leviair need a hit? Leviair is not even remotely close to being the problem in any kind of removal decks. While it can create loops such as bringing back a banished Dark World monster from gates and bouncing it for an old Grapha, or recycle Rabbit, or recycle certain monsters in chaos decks, it's far from being banworthy. Besides, no one runs more than 1 Leviair anyways. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:53, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 banlist leak is false.
There are rumors of the march 2013 ban list was leaked. This is clearly false because there is no reliable source to confirm it to be true. The list will more than likely be posted by the end of next month by konami.
March 2013 banlist leak is false.
There are rumors of the march 2013 ban list was leaked. This is clearly false because there is no reliable source to confirm it to be true. The list will more than likely be posted by the end of February by Konami.
Chaos dragons: staple dragons
I hope they don't do anything with lightpulsar becuase it's the only card left that even makes the deck playable without its just a bother even to play it with friends let alone in tournaments and card trooper, like anybody ever won becuase of it should stay at 2 becuase it kinds helps but when the turn is done its just a 400atk weakling and bls well if it does go its a shame but chaos sorcerer should've never gotten bit mainly becuase it not even half of what bls can do. And night assailant is okay but if they take tour guide to one them its just not worth playing anymore becuase it's a good mill and an xyz maker.
- Chaos Sorcerer is searchable by Justice of Prophecy, so it's better to keep it at one rather than at 2. ----Dark Ace SP (Talk) 04:44, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
I'm not too sure about the March 2013 Banlist, but I know that the top Tier decks will get hit. And it all starts with...
Macro Rabbit. Something about this Deck is just not right. Like, Game 2 against Wind-Ups, summon a Rabbit and make a Dolkka? Yeah, Good Game. Rabbit will obviously be the main target, just because it will be there for Fire Kings and more importantly, EvilSwarms. Leviair and Macro Cosmos might get hit, but that's highly unlikely.
Wind-Ups. I want to hit this Deck a lot, but I still want to keep it playable. And I realized that putting Shark, Magician, Rat, or Factory to 2 won't do much, but putting them to 1 will kill them. So I'm just gonna back off Wind-Ups and leave it up to Konami.
Mermail-Atlanteans. Something about this Deck will go. And my guess is that they will lose 2 cards in total. So I'm guessing either 2 Undines will go or 1 Undine and a Dragoon. I'm not quite sure, though.
Fire Kings. I can't say that this isn't a Top Tier deck, but I can't say that this Deck will get hit this next format. So if they get hit, it'll be minor. Either Tenki will go to 2 or Bear will go to 2. But this probably not happen.
As for the lower Tier Decks, I have no idea what Konami will do, except Spellbook of Secrets to 1, just because the most broken Spellbook card (Divine Judgement of the Spellbooks) will be released in Lord of the Tacheyon Galaxy.
- Konami will probrably leave lower tier decks like Spellbooks and Dark World alone, at least to give them a fighting chance. Wind-ups are still pretty derpy, but it's strongly debatable as to what Konami will do. I think the most likely targets for Wind-ups are any of Rat, Shark, Magician, or Factory to 2. Limiting any of them hurts them too much, but semi-limiting them would keep them playable, like you said. Like you said with Fire Kings/Fire Fists, they're probrably too new to get hit (like Phantom Beastcrafts), and they aren't as consistent or as fast as Wind-ups, Merlanteans, and Rabbits as it is. Mermail Atlanteans are kinda new, but they're old enough to be hit in some form. Rabbit is almost undoubtly going to 1 this March, simply because there's too much utility it has in today's metagame. It adds too much speed to too many decks. It's an instant +1 that thins your deck by 2 cards instantly, and it summons too many xyz monsters (or fusions, if you run gem-knight rabbit). Aside from a couple of other revisions with some other banned/limited/semi-limited cards (obviously spore, maybe Glow-up Bulb, Sinister Serpent, Reasoning, and Stone Excavation), yeah, the main decks in question are definitely Rabbits, Wind-Ups and Mermail Atlanteans. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:41, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Having played Spellbooks/Prophecy since they were released, they still have one of the worst start-game for the current themes but a very strong mid-game once they get going and an excellent end-game. But they're so new that they're a profitable theme to Konami and haven't topped anywhere but Japan, so they'll likely be left alone until September. And Spellbook of Secrets limits itself nicely: it'll be Spellbook of the Master that will be hit if anything, as I can do mad stuff with that card right now at 3. -- TheDesertRunner (talk • contribs) 14:27, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
STARDUST DRAGON WILL BE BANNED...... THIS IS NO JOKE.It is way too powerful for me and because of that it should be banned. Blue eyes white dragon is the roughest toughest BESTEST card in the game and that should be banned ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:13, January 29, 2013 (UTC)
- The March 2013 Banlist will probrably be leaked on Shriek OCG news in a week or two. To tell the truth, the meta really isn't that out of control at the moment, as every deck is playable but also counter-able. I personally would want to go on the conservative side for the banlist, like Dragoons and/or Undine to 2, Magician and/or Factory to 2 for Wind-ups, and Rabbit also has a chance to go to 1, but that also might not happen until September 2013, should Konami opt to make more money off of Rabbit-based decks. Fire Fists and Fire Kings are too new to be hit this March; also Spellbooks and Madolches, ect are too inconsistent to be hit. I haven't seen Phantom Beastcrafts or Evilswarms do much in the OCG as of yet, but when they get more support in the coming weeks/months, we can chat about them in the September 2013 banlist. Aside from maybe some light modifications to some meta decks, I can also see some other boosts happening this banlist. Here's an updated version of some boosts I think will happen:
- Sinister Serpent - Too slow for the current meta.
- Glow-up Bulb - Konami might want to boost synchros again, and this is how I'd like it.
- Black Whirlwind - Boost Blackwings.
- Tsukuyomi - It hasn't really impacted the meta since it returned. It might go all the way up to 3 for all I know/care.
- Magical Stone Excavation - No one runs it anymore.
- Reasoning - With Magical Explosion FTK no longer an issue, same comment as Stone Excavation.
My March 1 2013 ban list perdictions!!!
Everything that can beat you, Especially stardust dragon, should and will be banned
(BLS and reborn) if you solem BLS bottomless D-prison there goes BLS)reborn quit being salty its a one time use card
Wind-up magician-(just get rid of that stupid two card combo)
Abyssmegalo-(there getting a even bigger monster in cosmo blazer lets just take them down a notch
Marco cosmos-(this card is just recking everything D-fissure is just a watered down version but does the same thing)
Sinister serpant-(really konami? who is going to use this card?)
Glow-up bulb-(bring it back trish is banned and synchros need to come back)
Inzektor ladybug-(the level manipulation and being able to use mutiple times broke)
Rekindling-(laval quasar nuff said)
final countdown-(one person duel)
One day of peace-(abused stall card i.e final countdown)
Evolsar laggia-(you hate this card not rabbit)
Dragged down into the grave-(trap dustshoot was banned for a reason)
Wind-up shark-(just to balance the deck out)
Mezuki-(plague is at 1 give zombies something back)
Spore-(he's not seeing much play test the waters)
T.G. striker-(again trish is banned)
Formula synchron-(dont really see any deck spamming this card anymore)
Black whirlwind-(give blackwings some more held factory is at 3 and its WAY better then whirlwind)
Book of Moon-(eh it's whatever with this one just not back to 3)
Scapegoat-(another whatever card)
Swords of revealing light-(another stall card)
Magic Cylinder-(get rid of burn)
Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind-(idk about this card if black whirlwind at 2 but with all thease other cards coming out whats there to lose)
Inzektor Hornet-(if ladybug is at 1 and dragonfly is at 1 im okay with this)
Super Poly-(so everyone can quit complaining about heroes...really? what have they done this format?)
Summoner monk-(why is it still at 2?)
Card trooper-(i really doubt people would run him at 3)
Reborn tengu-(TRISH IS BANNED!!!!)
Now again thease are just my thoughts the point of the banlist is to balance out the game and i think i did a good job of doing that some ppl want rabbit at one forgetting that you have to play SIX normal monsters ppl just need to stop complaining when they lose to it putting it a one KILLS the deck....banning shark are magician KILLS the deck just think about cards choices when you put them up :)
- With regards to merlanteans, the problem wth the deck is Dragoons, not Megalo. Just limit him and the deck's fine. Limiting Megalo isn't enough to hit merlanteans. Magic Cylinder and Swords of Revealing Light are most likely staying where they are to 1) discourage otk's via strong ATK monsters, and 2) to boost lower-tier decks that aren't topping. Countdown Stall decks aren't winning YCS like there's no tomorrow, and neither are Lavals, so One Day, Countdown, and Rekindling are likely staying where they are. Inzektors are fine with what they have right now; I wouldn't touch them anymore. Tengu is too good at 3, especially with the soon-to be release of fire fists, which could abuse it as much as plant synchros did. One could also make the same argument with Card Trooper being abused at 3 with Machine Duplication to mill 9 cards then draw 3 after you dark hole them, or if Summoner Monk was at 3, one Monk would grab the second would grab the third would grab another lv 4 for 2 instant rank 4's, or a rank 4 and lv 8 synchro. A bit too crazy if I say so myself. Also, why do people all of a sudden hate Macro Cosmos? Macro Cosmos is anti-meta; you need more strategy and thought to counter it. Limiting that is like limiting Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, Skill Drain, or Soul Drain to make the meta harder to side against. Let's not, all right? That's how the game is supposed to work. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:54, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
Banned List March 2013 Predictions by TheGallisMan
- Wind-Up Factory (same reason, why Black Whirlwind is limited)
- Final Countdown (because Konami hates FTK/OTK decks)
- Macro Cosmos (to slow down MacroRabbit)
That's all. It's too early to hit Mermail and the current Meta will be changed a bit anyway, when Evilswarm crashes into TCG in April.--TheGallisMan 13:54, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- "Final Countdown" isn't a FTK/OTK card, it's a TTK :) --Missign0 (talk • contribs) 15:17, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Countdown decks aren't doing anything (literally) at Nationals or Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series so there's no reason to ban/limit Final Countdown. Besides, like Missign0 mentioned, it's too slow of a win-condition for the current format, and by no means does it deserve a hit. Also, Macro Cosmos is not the problem with Macro Rabbit; the problem is Rabbit itself, which should go to 1 due to the increasing number of decks that use it (like 9 or 10 right now). Macro Cosmos is an anti-meta card and it needs to be at 3 because it's a great side-deck counter to meta decks. It's like saying you want to limit Maxx "C", Skill/Soul Drain, or Shadow/Light-Imprisoning Mirror so there are fewer cards to side against meta-decks. =/ 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:24, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- If Rabbit is going to 1, TGU will also be limited and that's not gonna happen.--TheGallisMan 19:43, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
- TGU doesn't have to be limited for Rabbit to be limited. It's not like you can't have one without the other. TGU is good but unlike Rabbit it can't be used to grab anywhere near as many different types of XYZ as Rabbit can. It's this flexibility of Rabbit that warrants it's limit.--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 03:21, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- TGU is the main problem, not Rabbit. An example: Leviair is summoned by TGU and Sangan/Night Assaillant, use Leviair's effect to summon the banished Rabbit and spam again. TGU is more annoying than Rabbit!!! --TheGallisMan 23:11, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Just because Tour Guide can search a fiend and let you use Leviair to return rabbit doesn't mean it's a bigger problem than Rabbit is itself. Hell I'm using lots of decks right now that run Rabbit but not Tour Guide. Tour Guide lets you bring out a rank 3 that can reuse Rabbit, but Rabbit is all you really need. Rescue Rabbit can grab so many different xyz monsters that he's gradually going to bury himself into the banlist like Rescue Cat did. I highly doubt Tour Guide is going to 0, let alone 1. I have the feeling Rabbit will, like Cat, go from 3 to 2 (right now) to 1 and eventually he'll have to go when he gains too much utility and speed for the meta to handle. Tour Guide can only summon about 4 or 5 descent rank 3's by itself (Zenmaines, Acid Golem, Leviair, Leviathan, and to a lesser extent Giga Briliant and/or Temtempo). Rabbit can grab a seemingly countless number of key cards for XYZ summons or Fusion summons in today's meta. Several great examples include Laggia and Dolkka (Dino Rabbit obviously), Tiger King (Gene-Warped Warwolf in fire fists), Lightning Chidori (Harpies), Queen Dragon Djinn (with Alexandrites in Dragon Rabbit), Heroic Champion Excalibur and Blade Armor Ninja (2 Warriors in Noble Rabbits), Evilswarm Ophion, Bahamut, and Thanatos (with 2 Heliotropes in Evilswarms), Gear Gigant X (with 2 Machines in Machina Rabbit), Gem-Knight Sapphire, Tourmaune, or Garnet and then using Gem-Knight Fusion for a quick and easy Fusion summon in Gem-Knights (you can do the same with E-Heroes); heck it's even possible to utilize Rabbit in Atlanteans to grab 2 lv 4's for Abyss-Dweller or in Six Sams with Chamberlain and then Ascentism'ing into Kageki. Rabbit has gained too much utility in today's metagame and sooner or later (better sooner) he'll have to go to 1. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 01:07, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- TGU is the main problem, not Rabbit. An example: Leviair is summoned by TGU and Sangan/Night Assaillant, use Leviair's effect to summon the banished Rabbit and spam again. TGU is more annoying than Rabbit!!! --TheGallisMan 23:11, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
Strikers and Formulas
Do you think that T.G. Striker and Formula Synchron could possibly come back to 2? I mean, Striker was limited because of the T.G. Agents in the OCG, and I'm guilty of playing that epic deck a year ago, but now T.G.s and Agents haven't been doing much...Like, I think it may be time to test it out...Hell, if this is such a major problem, just Emergency ban it like Stratos back in 2007...But, why would you even Emergency ban it if Wind-ups weren't "worthy" of an emergency ban two formats ago? Anyway, i'd like to see this back, just because T.G.s were renown for making Trishula, who, unless I'm mistaken, is banned (And I know I'm not mistaken because it is). Moving on to Formula, this wasn't the problem; Fishborg Blaster and Glow-Up Bulb were. I mean, sure, you can draw 2 if you have Librarian, but Plants/Junk Doppel/Synchrons haven't been seeing much play anyway. And if Formula doesn't come back to 2, I'd very much like to see One for One come back...Hell, it's not even a "One for One" it's like a Negative Two for One...
Anyway, I hope Konami will consider bringing these cards back...
Also, if they bring back Yata-Garasu, I will run Dark Scorpions at Worlds, deal? :p
I think Rescue Rabbit will be banned cause of evilswarms in the ocg. Also anyone look at how broken prophecys will be i mean a +5 or higher per turn i mean come on.--22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:13, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Rabbit isn't going to get banned just yet, but the OCG decks, especially Evilswarms, are asking for Rabbit to go to 1. Formula Synchron IS a big problem in synchro decks; Glow-up Bulb was not the main problem at hand, and would've been fine unbanned. March 2012 would've been fine with Brio and Trish gone, and Bulb and Spore left unlimited. I do agree that Fishborg needed a ban though since it doesn't say once per duel like Bulb does. One for one probrably will come down to 2 if Glow-up Bulb doesn't come back, but the truth in matter is, most synchro based-decks can easily drop 2 Formula Synchrons in a single turn, but they can't because Formula is at 1. Formula becomes a Pot of Greed in of itself if you use Tuningware to summon it, let alone with Librarian. The reason Formula Synchron and T.G. Hyper Librarian won't come down from one is because they allow synchro decks to draw through their deck way too fast. 2 Formula Synchrons = 2 Pot of Greeds with T.G. Hyper Librarian, and 2 T.G. Hyper Librarian = a Pot of Greed whenever you or your opponent Synchro summon anything. T.G. Striker might come down, but per reasons mentioned above, Konami seems to dislike Warwolf Spamming with Striker and T.G. decks can easily make Quasar or other such large synchro monsters with 2 or 3 T.G. Strikers, and keeping it to 1 hurts the consistency of it. Also, T.G. Agents are doing just fine at most Nationals and YCS, with some good builds being in the top 20-30 best decks even without Brio and Trish, so don't say they haven't been doing anything. Oh and in response to the Yata comment, Yata was, along with Raigeki, Harpie's Feather Duster, and Imperial Order, the first card to get banned all the way back in March 2004. All 4 of them have been banned every format since, so don't get your hopes up on it coming back, cause it ain't ever gonna happen. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:23, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
What none of you realize is that, no card destruction, mermails, dark world decks, inzektors, etc. should not be hit at all. Folks ABYSS DWELLER IS WHAT IS GOING TO SAVE YOUR ASS if YOU ARE GOING AGAINST ONE OF THESE AND THE SHIT HITS THE FAN AND THINGS COME BLASTING TOWARDS YOU AT A MILLION MILES AN HOUR. use your brains for once and dont expect konami to pamper your but through competitive decks you have trouble beating.188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:08, February 6, 2013 (UTC)184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:06, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- We don't always have a counter to the decks we face at the right time. Sure, every meta deck has weaknesses, but you don't always draw that weakness on your first turn, ect, so we need some of them to be slown down. Decks like Dark Worlds have so much side deck hate that they haven't been topping much at all. Dark Worlds only won 1 YCS, ever, and they haven't done much else to anything. If you had a question as to saying that Formula Synchron wouldn't be abusable at 2, well you're mistaken. Here's one way to abuse formula at 2: Use a One for one to dump a Dandylion to the Graveyard (get 2 tokens), and summon a tuningware from your deck. Use Machine Duplication to duplicate Tuningware, then tune both your tuningwares with your Fluffy Tokens to summon 2 Formula Synchrons, then both Formula and Tuningware activate, letting you draw 2 cards per Formula Synchron (3 each if Hyper Librarian is out already). That's just too fast. You can also use de-synchros on Formula Synchron to draw 2 (3 with Librarian) cards again. Hell if Formula Synchron and Hyper Librarian came down to 2 or 3 each, "Synchro Exodia" might become a thing lol. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:44, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
(Same guy as 98) Whoops, never looked into that (what was I thinking lol). Well, either way bringing Formula to 2 isn't a good thing to do because even without Glow-up Bulb and Fishborg Blaster, ect, someone will find a way to spam 2 Formula in a single turn with Hyper Librarian and then synchro decks become crazy again. The only reason Formula and/or Hyper Librarian probrably won't come down is because they give synchro decks so much draw power. I mean, having a pot of greed when you synchro summon a Formula Synchron with Librarian out is ridiculous enough with both T.G. and Formula at 1, but bringing them up to 2 makes them that much faster. Lavals and Fableds can easily drop Quasar or Red Nova first turn, but bringing Formula and/or T.G. to 2 would make it ridiculously easy to summon double or even triple quasar first turn in laval/fabled decks. Not saying that Formula won't come down, but if you're that desperate to make synchros a strong tier 1 deck again, be my guest. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:59, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Personally, I find TGHL the big mistake of the Synchro era. Formula is forgivable for it only gives a card when Synchro Summoned (compared to, say, if it said "Special Summoned" instead). TGHL, on the other hand, practically enables crazy loops with the Synchro Decks, especially where they'd utterly exhaust their hand otherwise. And this is without considering the draws it grants from the opponent's Synchro Summons. And this still happens even after it dropped to 1. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 11:49, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Formula to 2? Yeah you're crazy!!T.G. Hyper Librarian and draw 2 right? Pot of Greed this, Pot of Greed that, Librarian, Librarian, Librarian, Synchro Spam, +2, +3, draw power... If you said any of these when someone said "Formula to 2" you need to SHUT THE FUCK UP. It and Librarian Are basically the only cards that a Synchron Deck can use to "Rekindle" after wasting all of its resources. And, maybe it could come back. I mean, I'm not saying it's Limit-Worthy if you look at it in depth. Because if your opponent maxx "c"s after you one-for-one-dandy, draws a million cards, and then torrentials on your Catastor-Formula-Librarian, sure, you would have drawn 3 or 4 cards, but so what? Your opponent just went +3 AND an additional +10 from maxx "c". So think about it, you just lost three synchros and you have two options for a top deck (Because synchrons can only top deck gorz trag and junk Synchron) those options are: •Dark Hole •Pot of Avarice (Considering you have already used triple Junk Synchron) So yes, I am guilty of abusing Formula myself, but honestly, does it deserve to be at one or does it have an equal right of being at 2?
- Does Formula have "no right" to be at 2? Not necessarily, but, at 2 things become crazy in Synchro decks. We want to keep the amount of draw power they (or all decks) have to a minimum, and 2 Formula gives them a draw power boost, at least imo too much. Konami wants to have a slow format, and bringing Formula down from one isn't exactly promoting a slow format, but wanting to speed it up. Just saying...not that it's an awful idea, but one that's, at least in Konami's eyes, not the best way to boost old decks. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:45, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
If reasoning is unlimited then chaos , lightsworn and spellbook decks will be overpowered . As you see there will be an OP card named *divine judgement of spellbook* would be released soon . This reasoning will give ++ for the reaper spellbook deck!
- I haven't seen many topping decks opt to run Reasoning, but divine judgment of the spellbooks looks like a scary card for spellbook decks. Spellbooks are easy to shut down with any cards that can stop spells from being activated; I just side deck spell canceller or anti-spell fragrance to shut them down in games 2 and 3, like I do shadow-imprisoning mirror to shut down dark world decks by then. I wouldn't say Reasoning must go to unlimited, but like Magical Stone Excavation, relatively few people opt to run it in the current meta. Reasoning is somewhat inconsistent and random and Magical Stone Excavation has a steep cost that few people can afford at the right time. I used to abuse the hell out of Reasoning when Magical Explosion FTK was a problem, but that first turn kill is impossible now because Magical Explosion is at 1, and there's no way I'll mill 40 spell cards with one Reasoning. TBH I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Konami doesn't do much at all this upcoming banlist because there are countless decks that have potential out there and we shouldn't be sour on decks that are "winning" because there are several decks winning, too many to hurt all of them. This is probrably the best banlist format we've had in many years, and I like it how there are more than 10 or so decks out there that can have at least some potential of winning a YCS with a good build. Six Sams have potential, so do Wind-ups, Inzektors, Mermail Atlanteans, T.G. Agents, Geargias, Machina Gadgets, Spellbooks, Zombies, we like formats like this one where so many decks are topping, rather than just one deck that rules all. It forces players to put more skill into building your deck and side deck so you can find your own way of winning through a tournament, especially when you run into a weakness of yours. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:44, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
Pot of greed
Hum... this is new for me; I never made a speculation list and I won't do now, but I'll say my thoughts.
- Rescue Rabbit seems to go the same as Cat, it's being very abusable in any deck that shows a threat. I mean, its first target was the Evolzars, then others that I don't recall, RabbitVerz deck, Noble knights and now Fire Fist. It's very obvious rabbit will be limited. For now I do not think its is Forbidden material, we will have to wait for further releases.
- Black Luster Solder - Envoy of the Beginning that card is horrible annoying.
- Monster Reborn; I get why that people don't like this but c'mon it's a staple most of the people use it. If they top deck it then why are some poeple complaining they top deck it too!
- Fire Formation - Tenki I didn't want to get this point but, is it this or Chicken. And I won't be surprised if this will be an Inzektor case.
This is a few ideas of my opinion.
P.S: I want to rabbit to get hit but if it makes Rabbit Fire Fist the most used deck then screw it. I prefer rabbit at 2. I want the synchro build to be safe from the ban list, even if tenki/chicken gets hit. --~NS~ 14:59, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm...I think fire fists won't be hit until September, but yeah, definitely might be hit. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:00, February 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I personally don't think Fire Fists or Fire Kings will be hit because they're much easier to play around than some of the other meta decks, and they're much newer than Mermails. BTW Dark Ace, I think the banlist will be leaked next weekend. It's usually leaked on Shriek OCG news/banlists around February 16-17, which is when the YCS at Miami next weekend will happen. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:21, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
My banlist prediction
Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (If not 1)
Gateway of the Six Samurai
Elemental Hero Stratos
Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Dragged Down to the Grave
The Gates of the Dark World
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Six Samurai United
Pulsar (If not 1)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Skill Drain(If not 1)
Mystical Space Typhoon
- Some of these I could see, but some of them also seem just outright ridiculous...Let me respond to some of these, if I may.
- Gateway of the Six - No. Just no. Six Sams need this card if they want to have a chance at being a strong, competitive deck in today's metagame. They were hit hard enough in September 2011 and banning Gateway is just too cruel for the deck. Leave it at 1.
- Eclipse Wyvern - What. Why the hell would Konami even consider this? Chaos Dragons aren't topping like they used to (especially without Future Fusion and only one REDMD). Like Gateway, leave Chaos Dragons where they are.
- Elemental Hero Stratos - When was the last time Heroes topped? There's no reason to ban this card. Konami won't consider hitting (or killing) decks that aren't topping.
- Rekindling - Same comment as Stratos. Lavals aren't topping and limiting this kills the consistency of the deck when it isn't even insanely consistent to begin with.
- Lightpulsar Dragon - See Eclipse Wyvern. Limit this and they die; Chaos Dragons already paid their banlist fees Last September.
- Undine, Megalo, and Dragoons - Not all of these will get limited. One of these I could see, but not all 3 at once.
- Factory, Magician, and Shark - ^
- Dragged Down, Gates, Snoww, and Grapha - Dark Worlds haven't been winning consistently enough. Highly doubt they'll be hit.
- Macro Cosmos and Skill Drain - Quit being salty; Anti-meta cards are healthy for the game. If you get rid of these then it's incredibly hard to side against meta decks. If your deck can't cope with cards meant to cancel out other effects then too bad; that's just how the game is supposed to work.
- Honest - Please, please no...Agents are pretty strong right now; if they have double honest they instantly secure their position as strong tier 1. No way this is coming down to 2.
- MST - No. This is the main answer many decks have against cards like Macro and Drain (see above), plus most topping decks will just hide behind massive backrows if this goes up, like they used to in the March 2011 format.
- Tengu - With Fire Fists out, and most (if not all) of them being beast-warriors, Tengu can be abused with them as much as it was in Plant Synchro. Useless at 1, too good at 3, 2 is just right.
My Opinions (And Wishes)
- Number 16: Shock Master with Rescue Rabbit in play is more easy to get this monster out, and if used correctly it can cripple a lot of decks (I run Prophecy, Merlantean and Madolche, and they just have to declare spells or monsters and most of the times is over for me), and decks like Merlantean, Fire Fist, Lswarm, Noble Knight and Dino Rabbit summon it very quickly
- Rescue Rabbit, it is very simple, it is abused in most of the decks (again Fire Fist, Dino Rabbit, Lswarm, Noble Knight and will be abused in the next upcoming boost for the Harpie Deck), so it has to be limited or banned.
- Genex Undine because it is the real engine of the Merlantean Deck, even when I run it too, it is way too powerful in combination whit the 3 Atlantean monsters, you get to destroy cards or possibly add Mermail Abyssmegalo, Mermail Abyssleed or Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord to your hand, and it is very easy to add it to your hand with Mermail Abysspike
- Wind-Up Factory/Wind-Up Magician, along with Wind-Up Shark they can swarm the field very easily, and now that we have Fire Formation - Tenki Wind-Up Rabbit can be searched to help these cards to do their effects rapidly
- Mermail Abyssmegalo, now that Mermail Abyssleed is been released and that has its effect limited to tribute a Mermail monster and that you have to discard three Water Monsters it is kind of logical
- Mermail Abysslinde and/or Abyssphere in combination they can be very powerful, but if they limit Undine it is very difficult to see this happen.
No Longer Limited:
- Dark Magician of Chaos (that's why a said wishes), 'cause I really want to see how can it help the Prophecy Deck since I haven't see a Spellcaster Deck wining big tournaments...
So basically, I believe that the next format will hit all decks that use Rescue Rabbit, Merlanteans and Wind-Up to slow down the Game a little more, but since they keep make crazy archetypes like Lswarm, Fire Kings, Fire Fist and boosting anothers like Harpies it won´t slow it that much
- Why would you go so reckless as to unlimit DMoC? I personally don't think he's coming back at all because of the prophecy archetype, but at least try him at 1 first lol. Shock Master is pretty hard to drop on the field, and while it can create locks, it's not as easy as, say playing Cold Wave or Royal Opression. I'd be kinda surprised if that happens, but I can understand some logic behind it. Everything else has an extent to happen, but no one runs more than 2 Megalo anyways, as 3 is too excessive. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:18, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok thats why I said opinions and wishes (I didn't try to predict wich one was going out, wich was going in, I´m just making an opinion as why those cards should be banned/limited or unlimited). As for Shock Master is not that dificult to bring him to the field, you just need to be creative with those decks, I'm fully aware that DMoC won't come to 3 anytime, 1) is obvious 'cause the Prophecy Archetype, 2) Because it is almost a Staple Card, but it is one of the best card for the Spellcasters ever!!!, so excuse moi if I had dreams like that one I had with Kaley Cuooco last night...Jaggo 80 (talk • contribs) 23:53, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I wouldn't say DMoC is never going to come back period, but his chances of coming back are slimmer than ever now with the Prophecy deck running out there. I'd definitely be better with one DMoC than 3 of em, to say the least lol. And while there are lots of decks that like to special summon constantly, you still have to use quite a few resources to get shock master out (or have some good luck...like drawing into shark and magician first turn for wind-ups or a six sam+Gateway+2 other cards that can get bushido counters for triple Kizan into shock master first turn). I'm just saying it's not as fast, easy, and splashable as some of the other banned cards out there. It may happen, but banning shock master is more random than it is necessary, kinda like Glow-up Bulb. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:08, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok thats why I said opinions and wishes (I didn't try to predict wich one was going out, wich was going in, I´m just making an opinion as why those cards should be banned/limited or unlimited). As for Shock Master is not that dificult to bring him to the field, you just need to be creative with those decks, I'm fully aware that DMoC won't come to 3 anytime, 1) is obvious 'cause the Prophecy Archetype, 2) Because it is almost a Staple Card, but it is one of the best card for the Spellcasters ever!!!, so excuse moi if I had dreams like that one I had with Kaley Cuooco last night...Jaggo 80 (talk • contribs) 23:53, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 Banlist Predictions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Cs3hhfzQw If You guys have any concerns or comments just post them on the comment section
- I think outright banning Undine is too harsh for Merlanteans. Try hitting it to 1 or 2 first and see what happens then. Dragoons, Rabbit, and the wind-up hits seem reasonable, but I don't expect all of them to happen at once, like I mentioned above, maybe a few, but not all. Or, since the meta really isn't that bad, we might see limited, if any, hits on those decks anyways. Lonefire at 2 would make plants pretty powerful; even without Glow-up Bulb they still have the synchro engine, but in a weaker, different form. It'll be too good with 2 Lonefires. Tengu is more likely than ever now to stay at 2 solely because of potential (or should I say, certain) abuse by fire fists. I've faced Glad Beasts before and they're still quite a handful even with Bestiari at 1. Bringing Bestiari to 2 would let them spam Gyzarus very quickly and blow up cards like crazy. Judgment Dragon for Lumina I could see at any time, but I personally don't care since Lightsworns aren't topping anyways. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:21, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Swapping DMoC for BLS? Hahahahaha what a funny joke.
I've heard a couple people at locals saying that this would be a balanced switch, and honestly, no. That will never happen. It's basically like saying, "Oh, we'll bring back triple Zenmaighty and eliminate Hunter just because we hate loops" or "Let's bring back Rescue Cat and ban Rescue Rabbit". No. DMoC is just way to overpowered. Yeah, two tributes, hard to get out. Right. Foolish. Triple Call. Reborn. Double Reasoning. Monster Gate. Treeborn Frog. Malicious. Emergency Teleprt. Oh, you have a BLS? Foolish. Reborn. Get back Reborn. Use it to bring back my BLS. Banish yours. GG? Or do you have Dark Hole? Just saying, this is a card that wont come back, not until D.D. Crow, Bottomless and Warning are at 7. In other words, make yourself comfy, DMoC. You won't see play for a looooooooong time.
P.S. If you're one of the people at my locals that says "DMoC is gonna return", FUCK YOU.
- Dark Magician of Chaos simply can't ever come back because anything that can special summon him becomes an instant +1. If he gets banished after leaving the field, we have triple escape from the dark dimmension, triple different dimension reincarnation, return from the different dimension, burial from the different dimension(+Monster Reborn after that, then return reborn to your hand), to bring him back. There are countless ways to special summon him and he will be abused the hell out of if he ever comes back. Dark Magician of Chaos not only can bring any spell card back from your graveyard(reusing a spell card no one wants to see more than once a duel (Storm, Hole, Reborn, Avarice, Allure, Mind Control, Book of Moon) will be game-breaking in some way, shape, or form no matter how you look at it), but any monster he destroys in battle is removed from play instead, and we all now how several meta players hate Macro Cosmos. DMoC encourages decks that revolve around Macro, but more broken ones. We'd see a new form of Dark Armed Return if DMoC came back, but a more broken form of it. In conclusion - No, DMoC isn't coming back. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:05, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Return DMoC, and let's see how Prophecy Deck laughs.
- DMoC would be a godsend to the prophecy deck. They can get him out so easily in a single turn with temperance of prophecy, they have so many cards that can revive him, and many crucial spell cards they can't reuse without him. It doesn't matter if Dimension Fusion is banned; there are plenty of other loops and OTK's/FTK's you can do with it. DMoC just generates way too many pluses, combos, and loops. I highly doubt he's ever coming back. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:56, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
Meh i'm calling fake on that one. Mainly because the page numbering at the bottom of the page doesn't match the page numbering for the rest of the magazine. Also it only shows one page, when we get a picture of the front cover of the mag along with the list then it'll be the real one.--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 22:43, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I also don't think that's real. Well, for one some of those are just silly. Compulsory to 1? Really? Lol. Doesn't make much sense to me at all; neither does one day to 1. Also there's no way Konami would ever bring metamorphosis back. If you've ever been in a lockdown against this card you'd know exactly what I mean. Also, Shock Master and Big Eye to 1 is pointless since no one RUNS more than 1 anyways. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:08, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
This list is on my channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eXopcqf2qA
- Hmm...somewhat convincing, but if this list is true, Konami REALLY wants to bring synchros back. Rabbit and Tour Guide to 1 really hurts (if not kills) Rabbits. Goyo at 1, Lonefire and Plaguespreader at 2, and Lumina and Scapegoat at 3 seems too reckless for Synchros, especially scapegoat considering how powerful Phantom Beastcrafts would be with triple Scapegoat. Fire Formation - Tenki? Fire Fists didn't need a hit yet. And MST to 2? Please not be true...we need the backrow hate so massive trap decks don't win every YCS. Gateway to 0 for Shi-en at 2 and Smoke Signal to 3 will actually boost Six Sams a lot. I mean, drop double Shi-en first turn from Kageki, Kagemusha, and 2 Ascentisms? Yeah, good game. Might be true, but we'll see. I'm personally calling fake on that one. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:26, February 14, 2013 (UTC)
From what I seen as a leak and what will happen in Judgement of Light Booster Pack Konami really wats to make money from Synchro Monster cards again. But here is the list I seen warning some decks are done.
March 2013 Banlist (leaked?)
Here's another link to a possible leaked banlist (same one as I doubted before, but might be the real one): here. It says:
- Gateway of the Six
- Ultimate Offering
- Rescue Rabbit
- Deep Sea Diva
- Tour guide
- Wind-up Factory
- Dragged Down
- Solemn Warning
- Goyo Guardian
- Chaos Sorcerer
- Wind-up Magician
- Plaguespreader Zombie
- Lonefire Blossom
- Fire Formation Tenki
- Book of Moon
- Legendary Six Samurai - Shi-en
- Blackwing - Kalut the moon shadow
- Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
- Shien's Smoke Signal
I don't know if that's the real list, but it doesn't look half bad if it is real. I personally disagree with Mst at 2 (needs to be at 3 to balance the backrow, but might be justified at 2 with one warning), Goyo Guardian (pretty unbalanced for a lv 6), and their six sam hits (Banning Gateway for 2 Shi-ens and triple smoke signal actually makes them stronger). I also would've tried Scapegoat at 2 first. Again, this might not be the real list, but we'll wait and see. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:56, February 14, 2013 (UTC)
- It probably isn't real, the fact that they brought Goyo down to 1 is proof of that, Goyo is too good to be brought back, plus they hit Dark World, which wasn't asking for a hit, and the basic reason Chaos Sorcerer was limited in the first place was because of Justice of Prophecy, so it probably isn't coming down to 2. And the rest of the stuff kinda becomes unbelievable, seeing as Blackwings still have the ability to swarm quickly and make huge Synchro summons, Kault isn't going from 1 to 3 that fast. Parts of it might be real, but not all of it; however, it's still just speculation until the usually release by Shriek. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 04:53, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
This banlist leak is the only leak thus far that has not been proven false; however, it's not been proven to be true either. While it's not 100% false as of yet, I agree in that some of these look kinda unrealistic to me, especially fire formation tenki and Mst. Konami already learned the concequences of fewer than 3 Mst's in the March 2011 format when it was a "set 5 backrows and end my turn" format. While some decks only use 2, all of mine personally use 3 because I hate backrows that much. Mst MUST be at 3. As for fire fists, fire fists JUST came out in the TCG not even 2 months ago. There's no way they would hit a deck that fast. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 08:42, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
The Moment We All Waited
AND IT'S OFFICIAL!!!
- Sangan (Thank God)
- Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity (Good choice)
- Wind-Up Magician (Thank God)
- One Day of Peace (No more Gishki Deck out FTK)
- Solemn Warning (Sad :|)
- Tsukuyomi (I don't care)
- Thunder King Rai-Oh (LOl WHAT!?)
- Advance Ritual Art (I don't care)
NO MORE IN THE LIST
- Spore (Should have been here before it was brought back to LIMITED)
- Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow (IT'S TIME)
- Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner (IT'S TIME)
- Shien's Smoke Signal (F*ck Six Samurai)
- Is this for real? they didn't touch Merlantean or Dino Rabbit (even when they touch Sangan is not a big deal, you have Night Assailant, Dark Resonator and Tour Bus From the Underworld and those cards work for themselves), Gishki was unnecesary to touch as I haven't seen those decks Tier 1 or 1.5, ¿¿Thunder King Rai-Oh??, they try to revive Synchros with Six Samurai and Blackwing ('cause all the new synchros that are released in Japan)? I'm not really convinced thats the way Konami wants to go, but if it is the real list then again they are goin for the $$$$...Jaggo 80 (talk • contribs) 15:39, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, if the banlist is posted in shriek, it's official. So this is really official. They only touched Wind-Up and Gishki.
- Well, this is a downright awful banlist...they murdered wind-ups while leaving rabbits, merlanteans, and everything else practically untouched. Why did one day have to go to 1? It's only used by lower-tier decks like final countdown, exodia, and gishkis, none of which have topped worth sh!t this format. It's by no means game-breaking, would've been perfectly fine at 3. Sangan was a hit to so many decks, but he's done the same thing for the past several banlists, like Reborn and BLS. Is it really time for him to go? Solemn Warning to 1 slows down the negation power and rai-oh to 2 seems too random. Tsukuyomi and Ritual Art make sense, though the former can go to 3 for all I care. Spore should've went to 3 last banlist for all I care. Smoke signal to 3 makes sams too strong; they also won a YCS last format, so they don't need that much of a boost. Kalut the moon shadow to 3 is too much of a boost to blackwings. It's almost like triple honest for the deck, especially knowing you have black whirlwind to search it easily and dark eruption/against the wind to reuse it. Lumina to 3, well lightsworns aren't topping anyways, so w/e. This banlist is a good day for certain decks, but awful for others. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:29, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- THIS LIST IS STILL UNCONFIRMED!!! There are no scans of the list from V-Jump at shriek right now. --TheGallisMan 19:34, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, we have to wait for the OCG scan to confirm, and Shriek has messed up in the past, and they might have done so again. Truthfully if it is real, it's a pretty bad list that doesn't deal with the problems and hits cards that were in slots for years without any real issue. But in that case, I doubt I won't be playing some version of Mermails. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 01:53, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
March 2013 banlist 100% confirmed
The march 2013 banlist has been confirmed by shriek ocg news. Here are the following listed: Banned ~ Sangan and wind up carrier zenmighty. Limited ~ wind up magician, one day of peace , and solemn warning. Semi limited ~ tskuyomi, raiou, and advanced ritual art. No longer on list ~ Spore, blackwing kalute the moon shadow, shien's smoke signal, and lightsworn summoner lumina.
- The V-jumps will be released in Feb 21 or 22 i think. The list would be there if you want confirmation. And probably the list i gave would be the one in the vjumps.
new banlist of march official maybe
it may be official
sangan = banned
wind-up carrier zenmaity=banned
Advanced Ritual art = limited
tsukoyomi = limited
one day of peace = semi limited
solemn warning= semi limited
lumina, lightsworn summoner = unlimited
shien's smoke signal = unlimited
- It's only a list that they can guess. I am little unhappy that they decided to limited "Solemn Warning"... --iFredCat 11:23, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
- They updated the list today, Mind Crush is also going to 3. Nothing else is new. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:31, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
this probably isn't the entire list, it might be only part of it that has been leaked out; and if it is the entire list then its very freakin crappy, they're not going to limit solemn warning; is it really that powerful of a card; its not like royal oppression. I guess konami is just simply after the green. the only real banlist will be on the official yugioh website which will be posted whenever, PERIOD.
- It's up on Shriek, that's as good as official. Still no scans of it anywhere though which will seal the deal for it. In any case this list has made way for Judgment of the Light and whatever synchros are in it so that we'll see them at worlds along with Mermails, Fire Fists, and Fire Kings. With Wind-Ups being dead the only deck which topped from last year's worlds is Dino Rabbit, and that's only because we've yet to see Verz Rabbit in the TCG yet. In any case I'm going to do what I usually do each year and sit it out until September rolls along and the proper banning happens.--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 14:03, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
- When Evilswarms hit the TCG in April I can see synchro decks becoming a little less popular, especially with rabbit still at 2 and wind-ups nerfed pretty hard. With all these new decks coming out that can use rabbit, I can undoubtedly see it going to 1 in September 2013. Wind-ups were hit quite hard, but they're still playable to an extent. You would just have to give them a different focus, like using Summoner Monk to grab Magician, special summon shark, bring out Rat, and loop from there. A friend of mine told me one person won 5 consecutive OCG national tournaments with wind-ups. That definitely could've been a contributing factor to how hard Konami hit them. But with smoke signal now at 3 and Kalut now at 3, it might be time for me to brush the dust off of my Six Spams and Blackwings...Though I could always stick to mermail-atlanteans until they get their banlist treatment this September. I could also definitely see Rabbits winning a YCS or two this format, but without Sangan, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they don't either. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:54, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, although the main hits to Sams & BWs are still there, which is part of the reason I'm fine with the new or releases (Gateway + Shi-En are at 1 and Black Whirlwind + Gale are at 1). Plus, I've only seen Blackwings as a casual strategy for like 3-4 formats, so the Kault to 3 is kinda a welcomed surprise. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 02:17, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- After putting some thought into the new banlist, I actually think it looks pretty good. I've tried Wind-ups under the new format and they're actually still a pretty solid deck. I thought they hit them too hard, but they're actually ok. Konami apparently wants Six Sams and Blackwings to be competitive again, so the triple Kalut/Smoke Signal actually sounds reasonable. Advanced Ritual Art to 2 makes Herald/Demise/Gishki decks a little more playable, and Tsukuyomi, well she wasn't doing much at all anyways. Could've went to 3 for all I care. I think Magical Stone Excavation and Reasoning could've came down to 3 simply because they don't see play anymore, and they STILL didn't unban Sinister Serpent. :( They will unban him someday though, hopefully next banlist. :) 220.127.116.11 (talk)
14:18, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
September is when real banning hits since the world championships are over, and you idiots were hoping for a whole crapload just for march. D o not waste your time until september writing books about your banlist wishes. did you know that studies show that you show that they show that we show that she shows that i show that this is a perfect example of wasting your time writing meaningless crap on your key board just so somebody can comment on one little sentence you wrote on kuribo. somebody please agree with me that these predictions are a complete waste of time. nonen ofo the predictions i have read for four months have actually came true. now why wont we move on with life and accept the fact that konami WANTS MONEY and will get rid of a ban list if it means making a billion dollars. besides, grow up and start actually finding weaknesses to these decks instead of wanting konami to lift you torwards victory and whisper in your ear, you made it to the top little baby and you did it all on your own; because no you didnt, you just won because of some restrictive list that was posted and you will never be a true champ until you learn to beat people without a limitation list. yeah i understand that you may think certain meta decks need to be slown down and that there are combos that will give one four synchs in one turn. BUT THAT IS THE PATHETIC PART IN YOU NEEDLESS TO SAY. im a yugioh vet and i love fast meta games18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:06, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Do you even know what your talking about? People know the "weaknesses" of these decks, problem is, they don't always work, because they're a few certain cards, like Soul Drain against Mermails, or Summon Limit on Dino-Rabbit. People do side against those decks, but that doesn't solve the problem of having decks that ruin the fun of the game. Plus, Konami can't get rid of the banlist, if they do that they will lose millions of dollars, simply because they will end up killing a good sized portion of their market, and if you didn't know, the Inzektor, Wind-Up Loop, and Dino-Rabbit at peak performance was a good example, I saw lots of people just stop playing for 6 months. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:52, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- If Konami got rid of their banlist no one would even bother playing the game anymore. If there was no banlist at all, whoever goes first would win, every time. You could only hope that your opponent draws into a bad hand, but considering you could run any of the banned cards (3x Pot of Greed/Graceful Charity/Makyura or Temple of the Kings with Good Goblin Housekeeping/Jar of Greed/Legacy of Yata-Garasu/Reckless Greed), it would be hard to not draw Exodia on your first turn every time. Getting rid of the banlist would take "skill" out of the game, and if there was no skill or thought involved in it, then there's no point in playing the game anymore. The fact is yu-gi-oh does involve skill and thought, but the banned cards give you unfair advantages over your opponent for little, if not no, reason. They take the fun out of the game and that's why Konami had to forbid them from use so they could make more money off of new cards and new combos and not have their money stolen by decks that use unfair, broken cards that create too many good combos and loops. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:42, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
Ok people. We need to stop jumping to conclusions and wait for March 1st. Is it that hard? I am getting slightly annoyed at all of these "leaked" ban lists. Wait for Konami to announce it. No one else even counts. TechGenusMaster (talk • contribs) 02:24, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
Shriek.com just put up a scan of V-Jump, which is the magazine that Konami uses to publish the F&L List to Japan. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:55, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Aw crap, there goes Zenmaity. Time to think of a different Deck to try. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 06:38, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
Konami has made it official for the TCG
For any and all nonbelievers still out there, see the following link, it goes directly to Konami's U.S. F&L List.
Solemn Warning limited... That's the worse! --TheGallisMan 16:26, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Solemn Warning was balanced at 2 to keep special summons a little less encourageable. I can easily see it coming down to 2 again this year's September banlist. Same with T-King, knowing most people didn't run more than 2 to begin with. Aside from that, the only other thing I disagree with was Carrier Zenmaighty being banned; limiting Magician would've been enough to hit wind-ups. Oh well...guess this is gonna be the best format Mermail-Atlanteans will ever have. Sams, BW's, Prophecy, and some other decks might see more play too. With Sangan now banned, I won't be surprised if Rabbits don't top as much as they used to. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:38, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
Man up you guys and play crystal beasts where you WILL swarm the field and make easy xyz summons to monsters like abyss dweller and lock down mermails, inzektors, fire fists, dark worlds, stardust dragon, sangan (which is now banned),necro gardna and a million other monsters. look towards gadgiltrons guide for help. crystal beasts are not really expensive to make. plus i go the the end games in charlottesville virginia and play alldifferent types of decks. if anyone goes there too respond immediatly.anyways just play crystal beasts. and remember if your a bad little boy that steals cookies from your mommies cookie jar my big tits will tell the galaxy police to arrest you. oh and if you read the part about me having big tits and got a little horny, uh i have a penis and therefore is a boy so you could stop thinking about me you gay bastard188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:13, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- As an actual Crystal Beast player (and writer of that guide), I have doubts on your claims. Maybe it's because I might have built my Deck a little wrongly, or maybe it's cause I see Abyss Dweller get squished in battle too quickly. Mind sharing how you manage to make it competent? I could improve the guide that way. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 02:27, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah most of the decks you mentioned are going to have ways to run over Dweller, 1700 ATK just isn't enough to help it survive, your going to get some mileage out of it, that's a fact, but not as much as you claim to get. You'll probably be better off with Soul Drain. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:27, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
With crystal beasts the obvious goal is to swarm the field, preferably with using crystal abundance. now with the swarming advantage of crystal beasts you can make numerous amounts of xyz summons by filling up your spell and trap card zones and special summoning ruby carbuncle to get them out. now abyss dweller may not have exactly the best attack and defense but it can sure cancel decks that are graveyard reliant.Now my strategy for my crystal beast deck is to swarm the field..... but in a different fashion. first 2 things need to get cleared, a)most of you think abyss dweller is not a great choice and b) most crystal beast players i've met and heard from think one ruby carbuncle is enough for a deck. ill share 2 of my major strategies now. number one, during the middle of the duel i am usually able to search for rainbow ruins and get 4-6 CB's out in play, first you get 5 CB's to your spell and trap zone, either 2 pegasus 1 carbuncle 1amber mammoth 1 other of your choice OR 2 pegasus i carbuncle 1 amber mammoth and 1 other 3 level CB OR either of those combinations but with 3 pegasus. use rainbow ruins to draw one and special summon ruby carbuncle and swarm the field, use your 2 pegasus to grab a ruby from your deck and a 4-3 level monster from your deck depending on what xyz you will make on your next swarm. xyz summon to a rank 3-4 xyz using carbuncle and another monster if rank 3, but rank 3's are your best choice anyway; if rank 4 dont bother getting carbuncle with pegasus before hand(DO NOT XYZ WITH PEGASUS OR THE STRATEGY IS LOST also note that with CB's when xyz summoned will go to the graveyard either by being detached or the xyz is destroyed which if your doing without rainbow ruins and this strategy will be a loss on your part if you dont have a CB blessing). you make one rank 3 xyz let your opponent or yourself crystallize your 3 remaining CB's and on your turn you summon carbuncle, swarm, grab carbuuncle from your graveyard, xyz and keep recycling carbuncle this way and keep xyz'ing until you get abundance later or rainbow dragon, this makes up for a great stall too plus you will be able to draw 2 cards per turn and halve battle damage. make sure your xyz is off the field if you plan to swarm again. strategy 2 is where dweller comes in: use crystal abundance swarm the field make direct attacks and IF your opponent plays inzektors mermails and ESPECIALLY DARK WORLD there field will be cleared and you now have abyss dweller to use against your opponent. there are alot more graveyard activating cards than you may think so be careful on what you say. use strategyg one with this while havingg another dweller184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:58, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Cool story, bro. I'll think about that. --Gadjiltron (talk • contribs) 06:16, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- The only thing that makes Crystal Beasts annoying to me is Crystal Abundance, which clears the field and can't be roaded or THRIO'd. But that strategy seems like it could be something. We'll just have to wait and see. Top decks under the new format will probrably be Mermails (1), Sams/Rabbits (2), and maybe some other lower-tier decks. Prophecies, despite having Divine Judgment, aren't that hard to beat, and Wind-ups, Inzektors, and Blackwings might still see play. When the Evilswarms hit the TCG in April, I can see them potentially rising up. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:34, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, the Elemental Dragons are wrecking the OCG with their first turn LaDD combos with Wyvern and Dragosac, but they're not TCG yet. Even so, they need to worry about getting Mind Drain'd or Soul Drain'd, or worst of all, Imperial Iron Wall'd or Necrovalley'd. They're fast but insanely easy to counter, like Dark Worlds. However, they aren't TCG yet, and even so, they'd have a tough time keeping up with the Evilswarms when they do, which are fairly powerful by now anyways. Mermail-Atlanteans won both the YCS's thus far this format and I predict they'll win the next 2 as well, and the World Championships. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:17, April 16, 2013 (UTC)