Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → MAJOR MONSTER STAPLES!!!|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2348 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
I honestly HATE monster staples. I remember when D.D. Warrior Lady was the best monster staple around. I actually only know three monster staples: D.D. Warrior Lady, Cyber Dragon, and Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind. What are the other monster staples?--Yugioh DED 18:37, June 22, 2010 (UTC) Stardust and Brionic are I believe. Probably also snipe hunter. Adamtheamazing64 18:47, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
Whoops. I meant Effect Monster staples, not Synchros--Yugioh DED 18:49, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
Cyber Dragon, Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind, Plaguespreader Zombie, Dark Armed Dragon (in dark decks), Gorz the Emissary of Darkness, Sangan, and alot more. --Skiesthelimit 19:25, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
Like flip effect monsters. Fallensilence 20:02, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- (headdesk) I really doubt many Flip Effect monsters are considered "staples". --Gadjiltron 01:43, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Eh, I wouldn't consider Gale a staple yet. First, he is limited to 1 copy. Two, beside a blackwing deck, he will only get normal summoned. I know he has a perment shirk effect, but to waste my summon for a shrink effect isn't worth it.
Staple wise, light decks have their Honest --18.104.22.168 02:03, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Gale is splashed into many decks as one of the better Tuners around, so I think he has a sort of "staple" status, but I consider a Staple a card that is so good that you must put it into virtually every deck you make. There aren't a lot of Monster staples these days - defo not as much as a few years ago. The usefulness of Cyber Dragon and Gorz for every deck can be debated. I think Sangan is still very much a staple.--YamiWheeler 02:10, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Fine, waste your Smashing Ground on Stardust Dragon, or just waste your Normal Summon on Gale to cut his ATK power down to half and rush him with Gale? --FredCat100 02:08, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Anyone consider these monster staples, or monsters that fit into deck with their effects: Caius the Shadow Monarch, Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, Rescue Cat, Rose, Warrior of Revenge, Thunder King Rai-Oh, and Dandylion? --22.214.171.124 03:43, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
No monster can be a true Staple, as it won't fit into EVERY deck, but there are some with very good effects. IMO Sangan, Cyber Dragon, Gale, TKRO, Ryko, Plaguespreader Zombie, Gorz, and Breaker (surprised no one mentioned him yet) are about as close as it gets. Lappyzard 03:56, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
I think Winged Kuriboh might count as a staple because that card can help defend against battle damage.Fallensilence 18:36, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
There is only one monster staple in my opinion. Sangan, fits into any deck. no matter what, unless it's a power deck with monsters 1600 or more atk. But yeah, that's rare nowadays. Almost every deck has monsters with 1500 or less monsters, thank you tuners. Adamtheamazing64 (talk • contribs) 02:45, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
Black Cat with White Tail Could be Considered a Staple. Very good Bounce Effect.
I saw someone say Rescue Cat if your running that card then I think the two best cards for using rescue cat at least in a flamveil deck would be X-Saber Airbellum and Sea Koala. bring out those two against a stardust use Sea Koala effect bring stardust to 0 atk kill him with a sweet innocent koala, attack with Airbellum and then synchro. But I do agree most cards can't be considered staples because it just doesn't work for all decks. Sangan I totally agree with. I do also agree with Plaguespreader Zombie to a point but I'm not putting him into my fairy deck lol. Tragoedia what about him no one has said anything about him even if he's limited. why do you think most staple cards are limited or semi-limited because too many of them and yea ouch. what about Chaos Sorcerer as long as you have a few light and darks he's a great one to have. Coltman66 (talk • contribs) 17:44, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
I agree about Tragoedia. In fact I agree with everything you just said because the way I see it, maybe some limited cards aren't looked as a staple like your tragoedia and chaos sorcerer. Maybe there are a bunch of staples but we don't know about them. Who knows? One card that I wouldn't consider to be a staple is Rapid Warrior because he doesn't look suitable in most decks except maybe warrior decks. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 05:19, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
I honestly don't believe any monster can truly be a staple. I mean, you can't exactly throw Gorz in a non-Fiend deck that runs Solidarity, now, can you?Akiza Izayoi (talk • contribs) 05:23, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah you can but solidarity won't work as well. In fact you must be stupid like me if you put solidarity in a non-fiend deck. Besides if your reason became true, there would be no such thing as staples now a days. Fallensilence (talk • contribs) 05:29, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The only monster "Staples" or "Staple"-like cards are "Sangan" and "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness". They are run in nearly every Deck, with exceptions (Such as "Infernity" not running "Gorz"). "Tragoedia" and "Battle Fader" are closer to semi, as neither is used as much. "Chaos Sorcerer" is definitely not a "Staple". Good cards are good, universal cards are universal. "Staple" cards are universal cards. "Chaos Sorcerer" is not universal. It will only work in a Chaos or Twilight Deck. DemonGodAsura (talk • contribs) 05:25, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- i don't get what the big deal is with gorz. yes he can summon suicide fodder and deal 2700 damage in your next turn but his biggest flaw was needing no CARDS on your side of the field. this includes spell/trap zones and the field spell. this ruins it's splashability. it can really only be effective in a deck that seldom uses traps or continuous spells(or field spells). i can't think of three decks like that off the back of my head. ScribblesTheDarkClown (talk • contribs) 03:07, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Ever heard of say, Judgment Dragon or field clearing cards that are so prevalent in the meta. It is to stop field clearers from killing you, plus once he's out, free tribute/synchro fodder--BassNettoHikari2 (talk • contribs) 05:04, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- He can be Tribute Summoned too... Also, it's that most Decks have an OTK; X-Sabers, Frogs, Infernity, all of them remove multiple cards from the game. You will have that Duel where you wish you had Gorz, and it wil be often if you play competitively. DemonGodAsura (talk • contribs) 06:48, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure thing.-- (Talk) 07:28, July 3, 2010 (UTC)