Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → Is it possible? (Zexal and 5D's)|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1526 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Could it be possible that Yuma is Yusei's son? I mean, he has Yusei's similar hairstyle and Akiza's hair color and....I just want to know if his real father is Yusei (It is just an opinion. And Tori looks like she can be related to Leo and Luna. Could it be possible that the kids of Zexal could be the future kids of 5D's. I did make a fanfic about it. I know, it's just an opinion. --AnimeQueen97~Awesome! 00:16, September 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Not true - Yuma has the living parents; Proof and proof. So that's impossible to confirming Yuma's father to be Yusei. That's one reason why I disliked ZEXAL - copying former shows details, ideas, and technologies. --iFredCat 00:45, September 10, 2012 (UTC)
- The bad thing about Zexal is that they copy the ideas and concepts from the previous show. Though maybe considering Yuma to be very wild and mentality disorder, maybe Yusei cannot handle the pressure and gave him away ----SharkTenjo 09:27, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed with FredCat, Yuma's parents were shown onscreen. Btw you should note that often siblings or parents and their children in Yu-Gi-Oh! have completely different hair colors and hairstyles. Just take a look at the Arclight family, Shou and Ryou, Rua and Luka and their parents or the Tenjo family so you can't claim Yusei has to be his father (or Aki his mother) just because they got similar hair.
- But I guess it is pretty cool to see how similar both of them look like and how different their personalities are. Dunkles Magiermädchen (talk • contribs) 15:30, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Of course, Yuma's just a rip-off of Yusei and Aki... And he ever get Red-Irises, which was such to be rarely trait for Albino People. Pendant he wearing is from Original Show (just identity to that, included Astral being "Yami Yugi", further the memory loss), School he attending similar to Judai's school that he attended and got lazy. "Get your Jet on!" he quoted are similar to Judai's comment "Get your game on!". He get advanced technology similar to Yusei's genius and advanced methods. That don't mean Yugi, Yami Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Aki are his family. --iFredCat 15:32, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, we all get it, Zexal copies from all three previous Yugioh series. The issue is, Yugioh spin-offs have been copying DM for years. For proof, just look at the protagonist's ace's ATK (2500) and his rival's ace's ATK (3000). "But wait," you say, "there's more copied in this series than in the previous ones!" That's true - as it turned out, the WDC was essentially a combination of Duelist Kingdom and Battle City. That said, I really don't mind the similarities at all, because I like Shark, Anna, Gauche, Cathy, Kaito, Fuya, and even Yuma when he's not acting stupidly; not only do I like them, but I think that the WDC did a very good job of juggling the majority of those characters' arcs and doing justice to the characters involved. I like how this show's main character is not so much better than the villains that a win feels guaranteed (see 5ds). I like how despite all of the old ideas being reused, the new ideas being brought into play are actually new: in the past, other dimensions were just focused on as a place for villains to rule and threaten other people from, but now this anime is set to explore the nature of both the Astral and Barian worlds, and their connection to each other and Earth. I like that however cliched the plot is at times, it looks as though the story will follow one progressing plot throughout the show, rather than eventually seeking to connect hardly related plots (GX), abruptly switching plots partway through the show (5ds), or throwing in an entire filler arc that cuts through the show's momentum and has no apparent storytelling purpose (DM, Grand Championship). Also, Zexal has just gotten better over time, leaving me with hope that it climax into a properly epic conclusion to the Yugioh anime franchise.--220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:54, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Reusing memory loss idea? BORRRRED. Reusing stupidity but lucky playing idea? Boooorrred! ZEXAL is nothing but dull show with very, very few good episodes (such as Yuma vs. Cathy first time, only couple epic Number battles. All other, Yuma just stupid depending on Astral to finishing the duel, like Duckling following their mother.) --iFredCat 10:06, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Dont watch. Also thats part of the character development. Its also more boring that he start off from a very pro to which he can beat anybody and fuck the shit about them and whines about friendship and shit like Yusei. Also yea there are very boring duels like Cathy VS Yuma, Cathy VS Dog and tons. But the main storyline is quite good and better that GX. Yea GX has more boring duels that ZEXAL ----SharkTenjo 10:18, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
- You don't get my meaning... I found Yuma vs. Cathy first time being unique (As Yuma can fighting and win on his own instead of whining on Astral for help), also I am in the favor of Cat Theme, which Cathy is using. But all other, Yuma just fucking whine on Astral, even disobeyed him, to get through the shit when opponent hacked their own duel disks (Number 19 and 61 users) after lied to Shark about his promise of not using Numbers. Also why his dad gave his son a deck without extra deck? That's just weakly move, should at least get Xyz Monsters before passed on him. --iFredCat 10:22, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Yea that is stupid lol. Anyway as i said, Yuma being dependent to Astral is part of a character development. If you look at the new episodes, Yuma has dueled good (by good i mean a good move in anime verse) without Astral and he also agrees with Astral's strategy unlike the first episodes. ----SharkTenjo 13:55, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
Fredcat, the issue with your critiques is that they have a tendency to ignore anything that happened in the show past around episode 20. For example, you say you liked the Yuma/Cathy match because Yuma actually defeated Cathy on his own, but Yuma defeated Gauche - implied to be a much stronger duelist than Cathy - on his own in episode 59. Similarly, your critiques of Yuma's character (and even of certain similarities you say the show has to previous shows) are largely anchored around behaviors/events of early episodes. If you didn't like ZEXAL and stopped watching, that's your choice, and everyone respects that choice. What I personally don't respect is people critiquing something they don't know, and if you stopped watching 20 episodes into an over 70 episode run, I just don't see how you know the show well enough to characterize the whole show as an exercise in repetition. Anyway, if you did indeed stop around episode 20, you missed some actually original ideas: the idea of two protagonists actually fusing together and the idea of said protagonists' special power. ZEXAL does not randomly draw the card with the perfect effect; he creates the card with the effect he needs to win. This idea vaguely popped up in 5ds about four times, but it was unclear and felt like a deus ex machina to help the main characters win. I think the choice to make the protagonist's ability an acknowledged deus ex machina was an inspired one.--18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:16, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I rather Cat Theme over stupidity Heroic stuffs, and Cathy made it more interesting than Gauche's. Also, Gauche came in and refilled Yuma's Life Points back to 4000 only because he don't like to looking down at his opponent, which is complete badly and stupidity moves where Cathy came in with a fairly and honestly game. So for Yuma fused (overlaying) with Astral was similar to Judai with Yubel, only for short time instead of permanent. Yuma drew ZW cards in same way as Yusei had drawn "Majestic Dragon" - just goddamn same ways. Those are very very dull ideas. --iFredCat 11:17, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Yuma also dueled with Dr. Faker together with Shark and Kaito and not having Astral. Cat theme was stupid as it was not looked through than that and it was not an epic battle unlike Gauche VS Yuma which was very awesome. Also Cathy is noob and also Yuma so its not much of an achievement for Yuma but a great achievement VS Gauche and VS Dr. Faker. ----SharkTenjo 13:21, September 22, 2012 (UTC)