|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Herald of Perfection|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1569 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
A few questions about the Herald of Perfection. Can you activate it's effect multiple times in the same chain? Can Herald of Perfection negate continuous effects? What else can the Herald not negate? Can Herald the activation of the effect of Red Dragon Archfiend's effect to destroy all other opponents monsters that are in defense-position? I got whipped up today by a Herald deck and was really unsure on the rulings for everything that was going on. I'd appreciate some clarification on this card. Thank you. NecrofearNorleras (talk • contribs) 02:18, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, as long as you can pay the cost each time.
- Have you checked the rulings page for that question's answer?
- Yes, you can activate it during the Damage Step. (Assuming it wasn't the one to be destroyed by battle)
- -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:30, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
I have looked at the ruling page
But there is still some gray area for me. I play the TCG, and I've been told not to take officially any OCG rulings. In the OCG rulings it's explains the continuous effect situation a little better, but I don't know if that applies to TCG rules.
A specific question. If for example, I had a face-up Solidarity already on my field before the Herald came out, and I tribute summon for the Dark Ruler Ha Des, and with the powered-up Dark Ruler I attack and kill the Herald, is there anywhere in that process the Herald of Perfection negate anything I did? I didn't activate any cards, but Ha-Des' effect can sorta be said to be "activated", but it's a continuous effect so it's always active...so what happens there? NecrofearNorleras (talk • contribs) 02:52, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The ruling on Continuous Effects are the same in both _CGs
- Herald can't negate anything there because nothing was Activated. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 02:59, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Not sure what you are asking. The effect of Red Dragon Archfiend that destroys all of your opponent's Defense Position monsters is only triggered if it attacks a Defense Position monster. You attacking it won't do anything.-- (Talk) 00:49, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
=o ... Red dragon attacks a Herald of perfection in defense. Red dragons effect actives(right?)... so can the herald negate the Red dragon?..that was the question, im not sure if is more clear now =S. MobiusxXx (talk • contribs) 00:52, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, the aforementioned effect of Red Dragon Archfiend activates during substep 5 of the Damage Step. By then, Herald of Perfection is already considered destroyed by battle so you won't be able to activate it effect.-- (Talk) 00:57, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
so does herald go to a limbo like zone between this substep and substep 7 when it is actually is sent to the dumpster, or is the inability to activate its effect merely the unfortunate reality of its not surviving this battle?? are such effects cancelled as soon as its determined that they didnt survive the battle?
You can't manually activate the effect of a monster that is considered "destroyed by battle".-- 17:12, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
- You generally can't. Though there are exceptions, but this isn't one of them.
- So, for DCK, is it a BKSS-like ruling or is it like that for all Mandatory Quick Effects? -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 00:45, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- "Herald of Perfection" remains face-up on the field until Substep 7. You just can't manually activate its effect.
- This only applies to you manually activating effects. Mandatory effects (like "Doomcaliber Knight" and "Light and Darkness Dragon") are mandatory, so they will still activate. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 00:52, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
Perfect Herald vs Macro Cosmos
The cost for the effect of Herald of Perfection is "you can send 1 Fairy-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard". Since you can't pay for the cost with Macro Cosmos on the field, you cannot activate the effect of Herald of Perfection.-- 13:07, October 2, 2010 (UTC)