|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Hardened Armed Dragon/Earthbound Immortal|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2107 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
If you tribute summon an Earthbound Immortal using Hardened Armed Dragon would the Earthbound Immortal be immune to its own effect that destroys it when there's no field card on the field? Thanks. Mastermind6656 16:08, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Yes the Earthbound Immortal will not be destroyed if there is no field spell.Skavinger 17:36, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. I know that a lot of people I know would disagree so just to be absolutely sure, I'd like to get a second opinion. I would also like permission to add this ruling to the Earthbound Immortals rulings. Thanks. Mastermind6656 02:18, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- He is correct. "Hardened Armed Dragon" will prevent "Earthbound Immortal" monsters from destroying themselves because there is no Field Card on the field.
- Only rulings that specifically appear on official sources may appear on the Card Rulings pages. This does not, so it cannot be added.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 03:23, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
I'm not trying to insult anybody, and I realize that the answer to my question should have been obvious, but I'm curious about something. If the thing about Earthbound Immortals not being destroyed by its own effect if sacrifised with Hardened Armed Dragon isn't on any official source, then how do you know for sure? Like I said I'm not trying to insult anyone, and I do appreciate your responces. I'm just curious. Thanks. One more thing. Are there any other Earthbound Immortals other then the 7 listed? Thanks again. Mastermind6656 04:47, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think there's a specific ruling about this! ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 07:18, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- When an "Earthbound Immortal" destroys itself because there is no Field Card on the field, the "Earthbound Immortal" monster is considered to be destroyed by a card effect (see "Earthbound Immortal Aslla piscu"). "Hardened Armed Dragon" will prevent the monster from being destroyed by a card effect. Thus, "Hardened Armed Dragon" will prevent an "Earthbound Immortal" monster from destroying itself by its card effect. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 20:24, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Rulings tend to only appear on print when there is a rulings dispute at a tournament. Danny Lilithborne 02:21, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
They're saying that the answer is "experience" Neos lover 14:23, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks everyone for your responces. One more question though. I've decided to build an Earthbound Immortal deck and was considering which field cards to use. I realized that Pseudo Space was a good one but I wanted your opionions of which other field cards would be the best. I've read all the tips and rulings about the Immortals, but is there anything else that they didn't mention? Thanks again for all your help. Mastermind6656 20:11, September 22, 2009 (UTC)
Geartown works well if it does get destroyed and you loss your earthbound god then you at least get Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon from hand, deck, or grave. Plus Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon works for both Hardened Armed Dragon's special summon effect and as a good 1 sac level 8 monster for Hardened Armed Dragon protection effect.Skavinger 23:30, September 22, 2009 (UTC)