|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → Final Countdown?|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2582 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
I was wondering, if someone were to activate Final Countdown, would it's activation be the only chance to negate it? I would think the effect is still going, until 20 turns have passed. But, I would also think it could be negated when the 20 turns pass, because it's effect is activating there as well. Can anyone help with this?
RE: Final Countdown?
Unfortunately once Final Counted has successfully resolved there is no way to stop it. You're only chance is to either negate it when it has been activated or defeat your opponent before the 20 turns pass.
you can still destroy it just like any other trap card (mystical space typhoon, dust tornado, heavy storm, etc...)
- Thats wrong, because it goes to the Graveyard, it doesn't stay on the field so there's no way to stop it once in has been sucessfully activated. --Dragon Slayer (Contribs) 22:09, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
or win beofre 20 turns
You will destroy the card, but you cannot negate the effect. You must use cards like Magic Jammer... -- Rein Weiss Ritter 20:34, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
However, despite how stupid the card itself is, I just wanted to say that Diamond Dude is a great way to play it, as it can't be negated that way. After that, just stall your way through the duel.
I think Final Countdown should probably be limited in some fashion.
RE: final countdown
you know I run a final countdown deck that consistently beats the perfect circle deck!!!
final countdown is better for tag duels because there are mor turns -Zero7121
Depends on which turns you allow for its effect. Everyone, or just you and 1 specific opponent.
RE: Final Countdown?
Well, There actually are a couple of cards that can prevent the opponent from winning because of Final Countdown's effect. The cards I am talking about, are cards like Harpies Feather Duster, Mystical Space Typhoon, Dust Tornado etc. The chance of drawing those cards, however, is quite small, but if you draw them, they can really save you (unless the opponent has three Blue-Eyes White Dragons, and you have no monsters left).
How would those help? Final Countdown doesn't stay on the field. The only way to stop it is win in 20 turns. Peitenimi 20:14, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- !Mystical space typhoon only destroys it, it does`nt negate it, so you can only activate mystical space typhoon on a continous card, or a field card, an equip card, or another card that stays on the field after activation!
This card should only be able to be negated at the time of activation with somthing like Magic Jammer. Final countdown leaves the field after activation and there is nothing you can do about it afterwards. But who really uses this card???King of Games 23:12, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
yes you can
Yes, there is a way. If Final Countdown is not in the grave, its effect stops. Cards like Soul Release can help in this.
- What on earth are you on about. --Pizzaman 12:12, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
- He thinks that removing final countdown from the graveyard with soul release stops its effect. Theres only 2 ways to stop it. Either negate the spell being cast (Magic Jammer/Solemn Judgment) or to win in under 20 turns. Yami Michael 14:34, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
if you don't belive me than ask on the yugioh etc forum.
- I hope you dont mean this. http://forums.yugiohetc.com/index.php?showtopic=179807. And that only took a minute of looking to find. Yami Michael 12:21, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- As said before:
This card should only be able to be negated at the time of activation with something like Magic Jammer. Final Countdown leaves the field after activation and there is nothing you can do about it afterwards.
on the card it says: Cards can only be negated while on the field. mystical space typhoon and dust tornado only destroy this card, they dont negate it, so HAHA, BASTARDS!Mini neos 14:42, 20 April 2008 (UTC)