Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → Custom Duel Decks (Balancing)|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2086 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
The title isn't the best for describing what this is. I am a former YuGiOh player and when preparing some cards for sale I got an idea. Instead of using pre-con decks, why not make lots of the same singleton 100 or so common cards so players can build and duel balanced decks? This way I can use some of the outdated but classical cards I loved so much without being overpowered. Well it was harder than I thought and went way over 100 each. I also came up with some new additions to idea. So the purpose of this topic is to help balance the decks by pointing out what cards may be too good and which may be too weak. I'm not looking to add any cards to the list since this is all from my collections and I am selling YuGiOh cards, not buying.
There are a couple ways to play this, but it was meant for a max of 3 players. All of them use the Base Set, a set of 142 cards the same for all players. The first way is to just use the Base Set with no additions. I also created 3 Expansions that can be added to the Base Set to give more deck building options. There is the Unique Expansion, which is 3 different sets of 27 cards each with its own theme of tactics to give each deck something the others don't have. Then there is the Powerful Expansion, a set of 38 cards which is the same for each player that features some of the strongest cards that I felt where too powerful for the Base. Lastly, there is the Rare Expansion, a set of 30 Rares (5 Ultra, 10 Super, 15 Rare) that is shared by all players. In order, each player gets to choose 1 card until they all have 1 Ultra Rare, 2 Super R are, and 3 Rares. These cards aren’t really that strong compared to the commons, but it lets the player choose their unique cards.
Below are the lists of all the cards for all the formats. I am trying to balance them to make sure they will play fine. So what I am looking for is suggestions of more cards from Base that should be added to Powerful list and Cards from the Unique set that give that set too much of an advantage.
Base: 142 Cards
- Normal Monsters: 12 Cards
- Alien Shocktrooper, Blazing Inpachi, Gagagigo, Gemini Elf, Giga Gagagigo, Gogiga Gagagigo, Inpachi, Luster Dragon, Renge Gatekeeper of the Dark World, Soul Tiger, Spiral Serpent, Summoned Skull
- Effect Monsters: 54 Cards
- Ancient Gear Engineer, Ancient Gear Knight, Armed Ninja, Blue Thunder T-45, Chaos Command Magician, Chaos Necromancer, Cyber Archfiend, Cyber Gymnast, Destiny Hero - Dasher, Drillroid, Enraged Muka Muka, Exiled Force, Fire Trooper, Gemini Lancer, Granmarg the Rock Monarch, Gravekeeper's Guard, Guardian Angel Joan, Hane-Hane, Hatabusa Knight, Hedge Guard, Hyper Hammerhead, Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei, Interplanetary Invader "A", Jain Lightsworn Paladin, Magical Marionette, Majestic Mech - Goryu, Man-Eater Bug, Mataza the Zapper, Mine Golem, Mysterious Guard, Patrician of the Darkness, Phantom Beast Rock-Lizard, Pitch-Black Warwolf, Royal Magical Library, Saber Beetle, Skull-Mark Ladybug, Solar Flare Dragon, Spear Cretin, Stealth Bird, Steamroid, Sunlight Unicorn, Swift Birdman Joe, Tenkabito Shien, The Calculator, Trap Master, Treeborn Frog, Turbo Booster, Timeater, Twin-Headed Behemoth, Tyrant Dragon, Wall of Illusion, Winged Rhynos, Yomi Ship, Zolga
- Spell: 46 Cards
- A Feather of the Phoenix, Axe of Despair, Bait Doll, Big Bang Shot, Black Pendant, Brain Control, Card Destruction, Card Rotator, Cold Wave, Creature Swap, Dark World Lightning, De-Spell, Dian Keto the Cure Master, Double Attack, Double Summon, Enemy Controller, Fairy of the Spring, Fighting Spirit, Fissure, Giant Trunade, Ground Collapse, Hammer Shot, Hear of Clear Water, Junk Barrage, Magical Mallet, Malevolent Nuzzler, Mausoleum of the Emperor, Metalsilver Armor, Monster Reincarnation, MY Body as a Shield, Mystical Space Typhoon, Mystic Wok, Nightmare's Steelcage, Nobleman of Crossout, Offerings to the Doomed, Poison of the Old Man, Raregold Armor, Reasoning, Realese Restriant Wave, Rush Recklessly, Shield & Sword, Soul Exchange, Swords of Revealing Light, The Reliable Guard, The Shallow Grave, Tribute to the Doomed
- Trap: 30 Cards
- A Hero Emerges, Begone Knave!, Call of the Haunted, Compulsory Evacuating Device, Curse of Aging, Dark Spirit of the Silent, Draining Shield, Dust Tornado, Fairy Wind, Half or Nothing. Karma Cut, Magic Drain, Magic Jammer, Magical Arm Shield, Needle Wall, Negate Attack, Raigeki Break, Really Eternal Rest, Reckless Greed, Robbin' Goblin, Sakuretsu Armor, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, Seven Tools of the Bandit, Solemn Wishes, Spellbinding Circle, Staunch Defender, Strike Slash, Threatening Roar, Trap Hole, Trap Stun
- Unique Cards: 27 Cards Each
- Zaborg (Destructive/Powerful)- Zaborg the Thunder Monarch, Arcfiend Soldier, Bazoo the Soul Eater, Bitelon, Card Trooper, D.D. Warrior, Dark Dust Spirit, Kelbek, Newdoria, Night Assailant, Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke, Radiant Spirit, Spell Striker, Ultimate Tyranno, Autonomous Action Unit, Block Attack, Dark Core, Lucky Iron Axe, Riryoku, Soul Taker, Stop Defense, Twin Swords of the Flashing Light - Tryce, Birthright, Blind Destruction, Just Desserts, Mask of Restrict, Time Machine
- Thestalos (Aggressive/Burn)- Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch, Cyber-Tech Alligator, Ancient Gear Golem, Asura Priest, Cyber Phoenix, Firestorm Prominence, Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective, Goblin Attack Force, Great Maju Garzett, Guardian Sphinx, Nightmare Penguin, Raging Flame Sprite, Slate Warrior, Winged Sage Falcos, Block Attack, Burden of the Mighty, Fairy Meteor Crush, Gravity Axe - Grarl, Mask of the Accursed, Misfortune, Riryoku, Shooting Star Bow - Ceal, Final Attack Orders, Metalmorph, Proof of Powerlessness, Rising Energy, Secret Barrel
- Mobius (Defensive)- Mobius the Frost Monarch, Charcoal Inpachi, Neo Aqua Madoor, B.E.S. Crystal Core, Blast Sphere, Destiny Hero - Defender, Grave Protector, Gyroid, Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6, Rallis the Star Bird, Revival Jam, Silent Abyss, Thousand Needles, Ultimate Obedient Fiend, Autonomous Action Unit, Fairy Meteor Crush, Mist Body, Rod of Silence - Kay'est, Share the Pain, Stumbling, Vengeful Bog Spirit, Wicked-Breaking Flameberge - Baou, Divine Wrath, Gift of the Mystical Elf, Mirror Wall, Ordeal of a Traveler, Skill Drain
- Powerful: 38 Cards
- Chiron the Mage, Copycat, D.D. Warrior Lady, Jutte Fighter, Legendary Jujitsu Master, Magician of Faith, Marauding Captain, Mask of Darkness, Morphing Jar, Sangan, Snipe Hunter, Spirit Reaper, The Creator, Tsukuyomi, Witch of the Black Forest, Change of Heart, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, Last Will, Lightning Vortex, Mage Power, Megamorph, Monster Reborn, Pot of Avarice, Pot of Greed, Premature Burial, Shrink, Smashing Ground, Snatch Steal, Spell Shattering Arrow, Wave-Motion Cannon, A Rival Appears!, Ceasefire, Magic Cylinder, Malevolent Catastrophe, Non Aggression Area, Ring of Destruction, Torrential Tribute, Ultimate Offering
- Rares: 30 Cards
- Ultra (5)- Don Zaloog, Mystical Knight of Jackal, Spell Canceller, Cost Down, Security Orb
- Super (10)- Cyber Valley, Cybernetic Magician, Evil Hero Malicious Edge, Kuraz the Light Monarch, Penguin Soldier, Phantom of Chaos, Sasuke Samurai, Card Trader, Scapegoat, Cyber Shadow Gardna
- Rare (15)- Big Shield Gardna, Blackwing- Gale the Whirlwind, Castle Gate, Future Samurai, Grasschopper, Marie the Fallen One, Mefist the Infernal General, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, White-Horned Dragon, Horn of the Unicorn, Blast with Chain, Class of the Earthbound, Michizure, Phoenix Wind Wing Blast, Prideful Roar