|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → Crystal Beast Deck help|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2334 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
This time the deck's for real. No drawing board involved, I actually got down to piecing it together in real life, though proxies used for missing cards.
- Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus x3
- Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat x3
- Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth x3
- Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle x2
- Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise x2
- Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger x3
- Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle
- Rainbow Dragon
- Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins x3
- Rare Value x2
- Crystal Promise x3
- Crystal Blessing x3
- Crystal Beacon x2
- Crystal Abundance x2
- Mystical Space Typhoon
- Lightning Vortex
- Giant Trunade
I think there's room for improvement here. And, no, I'm not moving this deck off from Rainbow Dragon, so at least one copy of all 7 Beasts stays there. Any comments? --Gadjiltron 05:08, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Rainbow Dragon isn't really worth it
I'm sorry Num1catholic, I run CB for a long time, and none of the 3 cards you suggest have enough synergy with this deck.
Now, for my advice: First of all, good job! This deck has obviously been carefully constructed and I'm sure it works fine. However, there is room for improvement:
- I'd say swap 1 Amber Mammoth for 1 Rescue Cat.
- Two Rare Value cards are enough, I think. Swap one out for a Giant Trunade.
- Crystal Raigeki has never worked for me, and I have been running CBs since they came out. I'd say remove them and consider adding Rainbow Gravity and Rainbow Path, since Rainbow Dragon can get owned easily by a well-built opposing deck.
num1catholic is right about rainbow dragon
I too have run crystal beasts for a long time and i've really prefered hamon over rainbow dragon. just because with the crystal blessing's crystal beacon's and sapphire pegasus you can easily get 3 CB in the spell and trap zone making it extremely easy to summon hamon. i also like it because you don't need to run cobalt eagle who in my opinion conflicts with the strategy behind a CB deck.
Also 3 crystal abundance is too much. i found running 2 is plenty. also if you want to sworm the field i would include 3 amethyst cats and ruby carbuncles. if you really want rainbow dragon i would run 3 crystal beacons because by pulling pegasus your getting 2 crystal beasts on your field for a single card therefore easily getting 4 crystal beasts in a turn.
Sdhagfors 20:42, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
I run a crystal beast deck, and seeing yours makes me a bit weird. I used to run three promises, but swarming the field can be done in a much easier way. there is a flaw with abundance. since Horus the black flame dragon isn't affected by spells, they'll stay there after abundance, so i suggest you run one or two not only for your offense, but for defense, just in case they have one. I only remember the effect of Horus lv.6, but if Horus lv.8 has the same wording, I advise you run it too. either way, other cards that might help your conquest with this deck may be the creator. seeing as he can dump cards into the graveyard and special summon. example: The creator was summoned to the field by sacrificing two crystal beasts. they were sacrificed, so they go to the graveyard. the creator discards a crystal beast from hand and special summons one of the sacrificed crystal beasts. you may now repeat for swarming the field, and having crystal beasts in the graveyard for abundance or rainbow dragon. example: you have one crystal beast amber mammoth and a crystal beast topaz tiger that are treated as continuous spells on the field. you have a crystal beast amethyst cat and a crystal beast cobalt eagle on the field treated as monsters. sacrifice accordingly for Horus the black flame dragon lv.6. Use crystal blessing. Use crystal abundance. on your field, you should now have at most -- 1 amethyst cat - 1200 1 topaz tiger - 1600 1 amber mammoth - 1700 1 cobalt eagle - 1400 1 horus lv.6 - 2300 attack for 8200.
Here are my suggestions:
- -1 CB Amber Mammoth
- -2 Crystal Raigeki
- -1 Rare Value
- -1 Crystal Promise
- +1 CB Cobalt Eagle
- +1 Rainbow Gravity
- +1 Morphing Jar
- +1 Rescue Cat
- +1 Card Destruction
SuperTeddy 17:10, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- But no one really uses Horus Lockdown anymore since last format, so it's not a huge problem. The bigger problem is having Abundance countered by Solemn/Bribe. Since CBs use a lot of S/T space, the best bet against it is Jinzo. 1~2 of them works wonders. I'd scrap Rainbow Dragon, since it's just a 4000 beatstick with no way of protecting itself (and has a stupid clause that it can't use its effect when it pops out) and Hamon/Magna-Slash etc, since they are counteractive with Abundance. Also with Rainbow gone, you aren't forced to use bad CB's like Emerald and Cobalt. --Pizzaman 17:37, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Hi, as my name suggests, I love the Crystal Beasts. Anyway, I'm going to try not to shove my opinions down people's mouths, but I really don't agree with the anti-rainbow dragon people. In my CB deck, I run 2 of them and they are some of the most valuble assets to my deck. They are way better than Hamon or any other non-crystal beast card that people think that should go in a CB deck. Also, Rainbow Dragon really isn't that hard to get out if you think about it. My point is, that I would say to go ahead and use it.
Suggestion: Rescue Cat
My friend runs a Crystal Beasts deck and it works quite well. His deck is more or less like yours, except he has two Rescue Cat in there. It helps him pull out a Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle and a Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat. And with the Ruby being Special Summoned, he can bring out all of his Crystal Beasts in his Spell & Trap Card Zone. Randomhouse101 17:07, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle is a Fairy -.-" Monster Reborn and Premature Burial are neccesary. SuperTeddy 17:13, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Not so much Premature Burial. It'll be banned in September anyway. Chris427 18:15, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Whoops. My bad. Guess Rescue Cat isn't that great then. Randomhouse101 21:41, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- Rescue Cat is only a decent tech card, since th only viable target is Cat. Hey, at least you get 2 free CB's in the ST zone at the End Phase. --Pizzaman 16:02, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Deck's been updated. Changes:
- +1 Amethyst Cat
- +1 Shrink
- +1 Giant Trunade
- +1 Crystal Pair
- -1 Rare Value
- -1 Abundance
- -2 Crystal Raigeki
Keep the comments coming. --Gadjiltron 05:06, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
since your planning on keeping rainbow dragon
i advise that you run crystal trees and pair it with heavy storm. i like the idea above with milling your deck to obtain crystal beasts but i hate cobalt eagle with a passion because i find he works against the deck by making crystal beasts leave the field. its good for pegasus but nothing else.
anyway here are my suggestions -3 crystal promises +1 crystal beacon +2 crystal trees +2 crystal release +1 emerald tortoise +1 rainbow dragon (if you have another) +1 crystal pair -1 mystical space typhoon +1 rainbow gravity +1 rainbow path +1 monster reborn
of course with these additions your count will be really high. i'd suggest maybe some counter traps since rainbow dragon can be easily destroyed. dark bribe would be your best bet but the only place that i know has them is one of the games. but i suggest throwing in cards to protect him from being destroyed by card effects since its not likely that your opponent will best him in attack. Sdhagfors 19:40, 30 August 2008 (UTC)