|Forums:||Index → Help desk → Bottomless|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2194 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
During the damage calculation, of the Damage Step, when your oppenent attacks your face-down Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, after he is flipped face-up, when you mill your top 3 cards from the top of our Deck to the Graveyard by Ryko's effect, and the one of the cards milled is Wulf, Lightsworn Beast, after Wulf is Special Summoned, can your oppenent activate Bottomless Trap Hole in a response to Wulf's Special Summon?
yes they can--Berfomet 02:13, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
No, they can't.
Taken from Breakdown of the Battle Phase:
- Cards that can be activated at Damage Step:
1. Counter Trap Cards 2. Spell Speed 2 Effects that alter the ATK/DEF of monsters 3. Effects that specify activation timings within the Damage Step 4. Quick Effect (Multi-Trigger) Monster Effects that negate the activation of a card/effect 5. "Attack and Receive", "Chthonian Blast", "Desrook Archfiend", "Michizure", "Null and Void", and "Numinous Healer"
So you're saying that my opponent cannot activate Bottomless Trap Hole to Wulf's Special Summon when he sent from my Deck to the Graveyard by Ryko's effect during the Damage Step?
- Yes,since it's the damage step. You also can't chain Bottomless to special summoning effects of searchers for example, like Giant Rat and Shining Angel. However, if Wulf's effect would activate normally during the End Phase, you could normally activate Bottomless. Albatrossgr 15:27, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
Northwemko vs Bottomless
I have some doubts about the bottomless trap hole and Northwemko. Northwemko is summoned in the middle of the resolution of the ritual spell card (before you send the ritual spell card to the graveyard), and when is summoned, she has a trigger effect, so my questions are:
1- ¿You can use Bottomless agains it when the ritual spell card resolves?
I think that, when the bottomless resolves, the effect of Northwemko has just designated (as a trigger effect), so she is protected agaist destruction, but I'm not sure about this.
- 1) Sending the Ritual Spell Card to the Graveyard isn't considered an action that uses timing. After the Chain resolves, the last thing to happen is still considered to be the Summon of "Divine Grace - Northwemko", so "Bottomless Trap Hole" can be activated.
- 2) "Divine Grace - Northwemko" is destroyed. The effect of "Divine Grace - Northwemko" is a Trigger Effect, so you Chain "Bottomless Trap Hole" to the effect of "Divine Grace - Northwemko". Resolving backwards, "Bottomless Trap Hole" first destroys "Divine Grace - Northwemko" ("Divine Grace - Northwemko"'s effect hasn't resolved yet, so it isn't protected yet). Afterwards, the effect of "Divine Grace - Northwemko" resolves without effect.
- Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 18:12, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Can you Bottomless a black rose?
If I bottomless Black rose dragon his destroy effect wouldn't work right? ~~DEATH~~
Yes. If the controller of the Black Rose Dragon activates its effect, and Bottomless Trap Hole is chained, even though BRD is removed, its effect resolves normally. --Darth Covah (Talk | DeckZone | Binder) 19:18, April 13, 2010 (UTC)