Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → Book of Moon vs Monster Effect|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2332 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Wondering if cards such as Book of Moon, Conpulsatory Evacuation, Raigeki Break,etc. Stop a monster's effect that activate when it is summon to the field?126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:10, July 13, 2010 (UTC)(=o")=o
Generally, flipping the monster face-down or removing it from the field WILL NOT stop the effect resolving (e.g. It will NOT stop the effect of Green Gadget and Junk Synchron; and it will not stop Prioritised Ignition effects of monsters like Gale and Gigaplant).
However it WILL stop cards like:
- Zombie Master (due to a specific ruling [If you activate "Zombie Master" effect, and an effect is chained that removes "Zombie Master" from the field or flips it face-down, the effect disappears and you cannot Special Summon the targeted monster.])
- Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress (she needs to be able to switch into defence mode on resolution. [You can change this card from face-up Attack Position to face-up Defense Position and destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.])
- Alchemist of Black Spells (he needs to be able to switch into defence mode on resolution. [you can change this face-up Attack Position card you control to face-up Defense Position and place a Spell Counter on a face-up card you control that you can place a Spell Counter on.])
Then there's a few 'obvious' ones (Dark Crusader, Elemental Hero Prisma), whose resolutions try to affect the monster itself, so could not affect it if it is turned face down - ie, Prisma can't change his name if he's face down, Dark Crusader can't gain ATK. Falzar FZ (talk • contribs) 04:14, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Just to clarify, Zombie Master is different because its Japanese card text specifically states that Zombie Master has to be face-up on the field for its effect to resolve.-- (Talk) 06:53, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
ok got it!! another related question.. those those type of cards(book of Moon, Compulsatory E.D,) stop monsters from being destroy by Bottomless trap hole,trap hole, Torrential Tribute,etc?188.8.131.52 (Young Grass Hopper) 04:25, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Book of Moon will stop Bottomless TH and Trap Hole because it can't read the ATK points, it will not stop Torrential
- Compulse will just save the monster you returned to your hand from being destroyed, TH will resolve without effect, Bottomless will destroy and remove what's left and if that's the only monster then it will resolve without effect, Torrential will destroy all other remaining monsters on the field. Falzar FZ (talk • contribs) 04:29, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
one more thing
if Book of Moon and CompulsatoryE.D can't stop a monster effect when summoning onto the field, will the effect of the monster goes through if for example: Player A Summon Caius the Shadow Monarch, Player B Activate Bottomless Trap Hole, Player A Chain with a CompulsatoryED Young Grasshopper (talk • contribs) 05:31, July 16, 2010 (UTC)