|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Help → Blackwing Deck March 2013|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 626 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Blackwings, Round 1
I've been eyeing Blackwing ever since they first came out. At first, they were too expensive to build. Then they got destroyed by the banlist.
Now, however, a couple of new Blackwings have been introduced that just might make this deck viable again. Those monsters have been incorporated into the following deck line-up.
Blackwing - Gram the Shining Star helps with additional summoning from the hand
Blackwing - Damascus the Polar Night aids in protecting my Blackwings on the field during either player's turn
Blackwing - Gladius the Midnight Sun gives me another summon from the hand
Here are my issues.
- I'm a bit rusty at dueling, and am not familiar with the current meta. Are there other cards I should consider for this deck to make it duel worthy, either in a side deck or in the main deck itself? If in the main deck, what should I remove for those cards?
- One of the things I considered was incorporating Tour Guide From the Underworld and Night Assailant into the line-up, just to make getting level 3 xyz onto the field faster. Given the number of ways I can summon already, would this be a good idea? If so, what should I remove?
- I also was considering incorporating Maxx "C" into this deck. Good idea, or not? If a good idea, again, can I have suggestions as to what I should remove?
- I'd also drop Dark Armed Dragon, I'm a fan of it in some decks, but with Blackwings, their entire Main Deck is DARK, so DAD will probably end up being dead in your hand more than useful. There will be games where you can use DAD, but they'll most likely be slim and far apart. I'd also use Compulsory Evacuation Device over Black Return, less situational = better card. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 03:22, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Perhaps some defence? gagaga gardna is kind of good tech and can be quick fieId advantage/free summon for next turn extra-deck fueI. mind controI is often a good choice. tragoedia can be usefuI for snc/exceed summon + monster steaIing. dark eruption. torrentiaI tribute. Chiissu (talk • contribs) 05:53, February 22, 2013 (UTC)
Blackwings, Round 2
Now that I have re-read Kalut's text, I can see how it would fit better. Kalut is in/ Damascus is out. I wondered about how useful DaD would be when I dumped him in there; did it because I'd seen it listed in other Blackwing decks I researched. DaD is out for now. Like the idea of CED; will work that in.
One other thing I felt the deck was missing was drawing power. I thought a couple of Card-Car D would help in this area. Following is the revised list.
How does that look? The deck is at 41, but I'm not sure what I should drop. Suggestions on that? Any other suggestions - like, for instance, should I work in a Dark Eruption as well? Also, I've seen decks that include Xyz Reborn. Thoughts on that card/idea? ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 23:27, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
personally i'm not good with blackwing so i can't give a very good opinion. first, is about card car d, i know u have a lots of backrow. but still be carefull -if u want to use the card car d. in current meta format, any direct att easily could lead to an OTK. perhaps add-in cards like Blackwing - Ghibli the Searing Wind or gorz for safer movement. u also ca consider using Cards for Black Feathers or Pot of Duality instead of card car d.Gemini 93 (talk • contribs) 03:00, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
Honestly, Vayu and Sirocco aren't needed as they don't enable big plays, just beatsticks. 3 Gladius is was way too excessive and when I tried it, 2 is plenty and even 1 is an option. 1 Kochi is also plenty and Blizzard should always be maxed; it's a 1-card Synchro. I'd suggest 2 PoD since it's nice with Cardcar and maybe 1 Dark Creator, because it's an awesome boss. And just a note, the Extra could use more Sylphine, the Sub-Zero Siren (the deck's new best card imo) and Diamond Dire Wolf if possible. Synchro Maniac10 (talk • contribs) 01:11, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks SM10! It's good to see you back. I'll take a look at my line-up and post a modified decklist when I get a chance. And thanks, too, to everyone else who has contributed so far. ---Kungfu-mama (Talk) 20:51, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
My opinion is tht you should add a dark creator or a dark nephthys and try to add some more destruction spell and traps for the field advantage —This unsigned comment was made by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- He doesn't need to have another boss monster. He has a bunch of those in his extra deck. Although his extra deck is only at 10 and it should probably be at 15...
- Also, there's no point in adding more S/T removal because he's running 3 MST and 2 Icarus Attack, as well as 2 Forbidden Lance. --Dark Ace SP (Talk) 13:10, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Blackwings, Round 3
Updated with suggestions. Also filled out the Extra Deck. Comments?
- Seems good. You could try Gaia Knight in the extra if you want a little more power than armed wing, but it doesn't pierce. Considering you'll be special summoning a lot, duality isn't typically the best way to go, but it can add some consistency nontheless. Have you considered Dark Eruption? It's really good in decks that use lots of DARK monsters like Blackwings, since it can reuse Kalut, Gale, or Blizzard with great ease. I run it in my Inzektors and it adds a lot of consistency, reusing Dragonfly easily after it's destroyed or after you search it with foolish or Armageddon Knight. Call of the Haunted is also a thing, but that might not help as much as the other options. Dad and Rainbow Dark Dragon could also be chosen over the Dark Creator, but as mentioned earlier, they might also be dead draws on you sometimes. Gorz and Trag can also offer some defense as well. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:48, May 2, 2013 (UTC)