|Forums:||Index → Help desk → About "Hysteric Party"|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 259 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Example = I only got Harpie Lady 2 (ATK=1300)on my Graveyard, got no monsters on field, just a set trap Hysteric Party. My opponent has Dark Magician and Summoned Skull (both ATK=2500) both in attack position. My opponent declares an attack using his Summoned Skull, i activated Hysteric Party, discarding 1 card from my hand and special summons Harpie Lady 2 from graveyard. The attack continues and my Harpie Lady 2 is destroyed. Then my opponent declares another attack using his Dark Magician. Can I activate Hysteric Party's effect again (discard 1 card and special summon my Harpie Lady 2 again from graveyard)?
Goba09 02:35, 24 January 2008 (UTC)Goba09
- Yes and no. You can activate it once to bring back Harpie lady 2. But once activated it becomes like a continuous spell and you can activate its effect as many times as you want but only on your turn.
Xeattle02 00:36, 25 January 2008 (UTC) I think that is correct, it is actually stated on the card that you'll just have to "discard 1 card, special summon as many Harpy Lady ([or Harpy Lady Sisters])as possible from your graveyard..." meaning as long as you have Harpy Lady ([or Harpy Lady Sisters]) from your graveyard and a card to discard you can still play the card ([HYSTERIC PARTY]), first and foremost HYSTERIC PARTY is a continuous trap, therefore you can still activate it after your Harpy Lady 2 was destroyed, but there is a limit to that I think as well that 1 card is equal to Harpy Lady. Or if we are going to ratio it in numbers 1:1. Then you'll just have to follow the next ruling "...when this cad (HYSTERIC PARTY) is REMOVED from the field, destroy all Harpy Lady ([or Harpy Lady Sisters]) special summoned by this effect." Hope this help you make your deck more powerful. Xeattle02 00:36, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's an one time effect, and discarding your hand is a cost to activate it. It is simply a continuous trap, because it needs to stay activae on the field. --Pizzaman 04:38, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
You can activate it several times. Its like Ultimate Offering.
- It's a one time only effect. It's like "Call of the Haunted"'s effect.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 18:59, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
- I have question about Hysteric Party, also; does Hysteric Party stay on the field after all Harpies summoned by Hysteric Party are destroyed, or does it go to the Graveyard? Thank you very much. --DesertMagic 23:26, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
On the battlefield: Hysteric Party will still be on the field when you activate its effect, however... you can only use the effect once and only once when already activated.
Destroyed: when destroyed by a card effect, all cards special summon by its effect are destroyed.
You can keep summoning harpies on your turn. Discarding is a cost to activate its effect. You can activate this effect multiple times on your turn.
The Closest Ruling we have is from a regionals judge in 2010 who ruled that its effect can be used multiple times similar to ultimate offering. There is no ruling saying that is is a one time effect. The most official ruling we have been provided with says it can be used multiple times.
Official Card Ruling
Hysteric Party can be used multiple times as long as the controller keeps discarding one card from their hand. When activated it becomes like a continuous spell card and can only be activated only during the users turn. This has been stated by an official judge at regionals 2010.—This unsigned comment was made by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- On Talk Pages and Forum Pages, you're supposed to sign your posts. You can do that by adding four tildes (~~~~) to the end of your post and it will automatically create a signature for you when you click 'Save page'.
- Link to Official Source required. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 08:02, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
i summon Rainbow neos call priority on his effect and send 1 spell and trap card to my graveyard to send his bottomless trap hole back to his deck does it still get its effect of removing my rainbow neos from play because its no longer on field upon activation?
please tell me i see no card rulings on this anywhere?
- Wrong forum to ask this question, but Bottomless Trap Hole still activate since it's already flipped to face-up. After other s/t are return, Rainbow Neos is removed and Bottomless Trap Hole disappeared into Graveyard. --FredCat Ta.P. • F.P. • J.R. • W.S. • Th.P. • S.C. 02:40, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Could I chain? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:43, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
Might be a simple one, but if i had Hysteric Party set and my opponent were to use an MST on it could I chain it to discard a card to summon my harpies or no because the card says when it is destroyed destroy those monsters. It's been happening a lot and I just want to know if I could up my defenses when in a tight spot.
When hysteric party is set face down you can chain just like almost any trap. After the first use though you can only use the effect on your turn and the spell speed drops to 1.