|Forums:||Index → Yu-Gi-Oh! Ruling Queries → "Once per turn"|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 1613 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
If part of the effect of a card reads "Once per turn, you may..." or "You may activate this effect once per turn", does that include your opponent's turn or is it implying that it must be your turn? Seems kinda broken if you can use a card's effect like that, once during your turn, and again during your opponent's turn, and so on... .
four tildes, amidoinitright? The Earl 06:09, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- The majority of card effects can only be activated during your turn. Unless the card says it can be activated during your opponent's turn it is safe to assume you can't. Danny Lilithborne 06:34, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Thanks, thought I do wish someone had conclusive evidence on this... otherwise I shall continue to duel a guy who keeps activating Enishi's effect during MY turn, and won't accept that he can't until he sees it in writing from a legit source. The Earl 06:41, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Don't duel cheaters. ^.^ Danny Lilithborne 12:48, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- And don't duel idiots. A card must say, "This effect can be activated during either player's turn/your opponent's turn" for you to have the privilege of activating it during your opponent's turn.--TwoTailedFox (My Talk Page) 13:05, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- And if you want to know a card that you KNOW you can, D.D. Crow Has the power to use his effect on either player's turn. Same for Rainbow Dragon. Get it now? Maverick Skye 13:17, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- The rulings says that a Ignition Monster Effects can only be activated in your own turn and in your main phase. Those are the ones who need "manual activation".
- The only monsters you can activate in your opponent turn are the Quick Effects, and the most of times, the card says "This effect can be activated during either player's turn".
- Then, there are the Trigger Monster Effects effects, that activates automaticaly whenever a certain condition on the field, the nature of play, or the progress of the turn, is met, regardless the player's turn (it ativates in your opponent turn too, if the conditions are fulfilled)
Elzam 11:53, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Note that there's a preview button next to the save page button. editing 2-3 times in a row is ok, but 12? no... 126.96.36.199 11:59, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
what about cards that say like "Once per turn, if this face-up monster would be destroyed, it is not destroyed" would that be a trigger effect or quick effect, and thereby useable on your opponent's turn, or ignition and only usable on your turn? 188.8.131.52 12:13, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- no, those are continuous effects. so it's once each turn, 1 opponent turn, 1 your turn, repeat. 184.108.40.206 12:19, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Ah, ok. Thanks. 220.127.116.11 20:20, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
I have a couple questions regarding the Guardian Sphinx Once Per Turn effect.
1) If he summons him face down, ends his turn, then activates his effect after I attack him. Can he, on his turn, flip him face down then face up again?
2)Can he, if I do not attack him, flip him face up to activate his effect and then flip him face down again?
- 1) Note that "Guardian Sphinx" has to be Flip Summoned to get its effect. If it is flipped by battle, then its effect to bounce all your monsters doesn't activate.
- Regardless, yes, that does work. "Guardian Sphinx" can be Flip Summoned this turn, since (a) it didn't manually change its Battle Position (b) it hasn't declared an attack this turn and (c) it wasn't Summoned this turn.
- 2) Yes, that is legal. You can still activate the effect to flip "Guardian Sphinx" face-down.
- Molting Escape's effect that increase the equipped monster's ATK by 300 can be activated during either player's turn. ATEMVEGETA (Talk) 01:04, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
You can only Flip Summon monsters during your turn so you can only use it then.Also,sign your posts with 4 tides since that automatically creates a signature for you.18.104.22.168 02:04, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
- No. "Gravi-Crush Dragon"'s effect can only be activated during your turn, during your Main Phase. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 04:36, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
Gigaplant "Once per turn" effect
Alright, I was reading up on the gigaplant OTK and something caught my eye that really doesn't make sense. A OTK can be achieved if you get two gigaplant on the field, with a superalloy beast raptinus and a way to tribute a giga plant to inflict effect damage, then bring back the tributed gigaplant with the gigaplant still on the field, then tribute that gigaplant to inflict more damage and so on and so forth. The only thing i'm curious about is how an OTK can be achieved this way if their effect can only be done ONCE PER TURN! Can anybody please explain this to me?
Please sign your post with four tildes (~~~~) on Forum Threads and Talk Pages as that will create a signature for you.
If you have 2 gigaplants and 1 Superalloy, gigas will have their effect.
tribute 1 giga to inflict damage, and with the other giga special summon the giga that was tribute. Then tribute the giga that used his effect to inflict damage. Then with the gagia that was special summon (the first one tribute) special summon summon the other giga and keep doing the same thing.
When a card leaves the field and return to the field it may use its effect again.
Hate to add on to an already long string of questions, but can you activate Dark End Dragon's effect during your opponent's turn? I've had WAY too many people claim you can, and I think that like most ignition effects, can only be activated during your own Main Phase.
- Not most, ALL Ignition Effects can only be activated on the controller's own turn. -Falzar FZ- (talk page|useful stuff) 08:46, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
I knew it, but my friends are all "nope." I'm-a link this to them.
If a monster with a ignition effect that can be use once per turn as it's activation negated by light and darkness dragon can you activated that monster ignition effect again during the same turn?22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:20, April 29, 2012 (UTC)