|Japanese (kanji and furigana)||
FIRE monsters tend to focus on inflicting effect damage on the opponent's Life Points and stacking up in ATK points when on the field together, along with the appropriate lockdown cards like "Gravity Bind" and "Level Limit - Area B" to protect the monsters. This makes most FIRE Monsters associated with Burn Decks. In recent years, a trend among FIRE monsters is that many of them have 200 DEF.
Recent FIRE archetypes are also fast and combo-oriented, and while they are slow at the start, they tend to build-up for huge plays that often result in One Turn Kills. They also tend to use some Anti-Meta strategies, like Graveyard manipulation, banishing and negating effects.
- "UFO Turtle" - Automatically Special Summons a Fire Monster with 1500 ATK points or less when destroyed in battle and sent to the Graveyard.
- "Little Chimera" - Boosts all Fire Monsters' ATK by 500 while simultaneously weakening WATER Monster's ATK by 400.
- "Molten Destruction" - Increases the ATK of all Fire monsters by 500 points, at the cost of weakening their DEF by 400 points.
- "Ultimate Baseball Kid" - A seemingly very weak Warrior-Type with 500 ATK, but gets an additional 1000 ATK points for each Fire Monster on the field besides himself.
- "Backfire" - A Trap Card that deals 500 points of damage to an opponent every time one of the controlling player's FIRE Monsters is destroyed.
- "Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai" - Another powerful Direct Damage-dealing Trap Card that deals damage to an opponent equal to the original ATK of a Tributed Fire monster.
- "Rekindling" - A potent Spell Card that can Special Summon as many FIRE monsters with 200 DEF as possible from the user's Graveyard.
- "Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos" - Can be used in a "Fire King" deck to destroy your own monsters and trigger their effects. In a "Laval" deck, banishing monsters for its Special Summon can give you conditions to use cards like "Laval Lancelord" or "Cannon".
Though FIRE Monsters can be extremely powerful, they tend to lack support for one another. Instead of focusing on combining and drawing on their strengths as a whole, coupled with the fact that there are few good Spell and Trap Cards to suit them than some of the other Attributes (most notably WATER), FIRE Monsters can be seen as having a negative impact on the opponent. They either take out Life Points slowly, and dealing some mighty damage with their high ATK or buff themselves with effects (e.g. "Raging Flame Sprite" , "Magna Drago" etc.), rather than helping the player directly via drawing, increasing Life Points, etc.
The Blaze of Destruction Structure Deck emphasizes combos, and if a monster itself is on the field, it will be destroyed easily because of no other monsters to support it. "Ultimate Baseball Kid" needs other FIRE monsters to survive but "DNA Transplant" can be used to boost him.