|Equip Spell Card|
|Japanese (base text)||
Sōbi Mahō Kādo
Equip Magic Card
Equip Spell Card
An Equip Spell Card, known as an Equip Magic Card (Japanese:
When you activate an Equip Spell Card, you must target a face-up monster on the field to equip the card to; the Equip Spell Card's effect applies to that monster as long as it is equipped. Equip Cards constantly target the monster they are equipped to; even while negated, Equip Cards remain equipped and continue to target the monster. If the equipped monster is no longer face-up on the field, or is no longer a valid target, the Equip Card is immediately destroyed.
Equip Cards can be equipped to monsters controlled by either player, and changing control of a monster does not cause control of an Equip Card to change. While the equipped monster can be the opponent's, the Equip Card's controller is the one referred to "you" in the Equip Card's card text, not the controller of the equipped monster.
- An ATK-boosting Equip Spell Card is "Axe of Despair".
- A DEF-boosting Equip Spell Card is "Horn of Light".
- Some Equip Spell Cards with unusual effects are "Premature Burial", "Amplifier", "Re-Fusion", "Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce" and "Snatch Steal".
- An Equip Spell Card that both boosts ATK and grants the monster an additional effect is "Big Bang Shot".
- Some Equip Spell Cards with a negative effect are "Mask of Brutality" and "Darkworld Shackles".